Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Their sound is...mmm..well..*thinks hard*
It's honest, brutal, straight up, dynamic rocking stuff.
Recommended listening is "I've Seen My Fate", "Ego's Game" and "Stick Up Kid" from their first full length "El Diablo".
Also check out "Carpe Diem" from that album.
And for more info, check my teeny tiny fansite.

Assassin

Sounds good, I'll download them now. Thanks! ;D

Martin

My pleasure :D
The video for 'Carpe Diem' (including guest Chino and Jeff (from Red Tape)) is on You Tube. Lemme search for it.

Assassin

Oh cool, thanks man! ;)

Here, have a karma point on me. ;D

Martin

Haha thanks you :D
I'll already applauded you today, so I can't return it now.

But, here tis; 'Carpe Diem'.

owww...so digging the new song...so glad they're back.

Assassin

Oh thanks man! (For the video and the karma point!)

I'll report back when I've watched it and listened to the songs you've recommended.

See? Not lashing out! :P

Assassin

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Man that song kicks ASS!!

Shit why have I not heard more about Will Haven? What the hell is wrong with everyone? Well, I'm expecting very good things from their other songs (haven't finished downloading yet)...

Oh and Chino looked DAMN HOT in that video too, so that helped quite a bit. 8)

Martin

Quote from: Assassin on Feb 24, 2006, 10:56 PMSee? Not lashing out! :P

Hahah ok, ok ;D I didn't say nothing here about it

Glad you like it 8)
Will Haven are still an underground band, but a little bigger then that. If you search in Deftones history you'll find them. They aren't big in the States at all, the are only big(ger) in the UK...
Speaking of which, check their tourdates. They'll hit up the UK in march.

Assassin

Oh right, they're American though aren't they?

Martin

Yup. Also from Sacramento, California.

Gaz

Martin

I just keep listening to it, it's awesome!
Can't wait till march. Triple the rock.

Gaz

my tickets arrived today, not long now

skinnypuppy

the new song kicksass. I got the impression that they would kind of sound different on this album, but it doesnt sound too different than before.

Martin

Nah, they stay true to their sound. It just sounds better each time. Judging from this song, there's more of everything in one song.

Martin

defskull

Martin

Yep 8)
I'll YSI later (downloading big file now).

Gaz

Some news from their myspace bulletin

QuoteHello everyone!

we are getting ready to leave for tour, first show is Sunday in Nottingham, UK, the show is just about sold out so get your tickets soon. This is going to be an awesome tour, cant wait to see everyone. For a full list of dates check out the upcoming shows.

We are going to have TONS of merch, new shirts, beanies, sweatshirts, lighters, stickers, buttons. Also on this tour we are going to post a diary everyday, so all of our friends back home can go on the road with us, so check everyday starting Sunday for a daily journal, posted by a different band member everyday. We will also post pics as well.

In other news, we have started our own management company, we feel that this industry likes to take advantage of bands in an unfair and dishonest way. We are starting this company to hopefully be a home to up and coming bands who deserve to be heard and represented in the best way possible. The bands currently on the roster are Will Haven, The Abominable Iron Sloth, and eightfourseven. These bands we think are the future of metal and rock and want to see the music reach as many people as we can. If you want to check out these bands and alot more info please check out our myspace site at

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=60702300current

please add us as a friend and help us bring you good, original music..

Thank you to everyone for your support and emails and comments, it really keeps us going..see alot of you this weekend!!

much respect
will haven