Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

Quote from: Tuck on Mar 16, 2006, 03:27 PM
Don't think so, if he had, I'm sure he would have played with a cold.
You see, yesterday, at Glasgow, he wasn't there; they band played with different vocalists.

I'd like to know if all is well, where he is and if the band's playing.
If Grady's back to the US for some reason and the band is cancelling all gigs, there's no reason to get on board the plane tomorrow.

damn that is strange

Chrisbo

Well as I mentioned in the +/- thread, Cayle came on and said they had bad news, and that Grady couldnt be there. From what I heard (and my hearing is a bit fucked up likes) Grady had to get to his wife in Paris or something, some family/personal thing, an emergency basically. Fuck knows what's happened there, but I was absolutely gutted when he said that. It was wierd as well, because one of the roadies or sound people at the side looked like Grady so I thought it was a joke at first but alas...so we got Simon from Biffy Clyro and Craig from Aereogramme, who both hardly knew the words. The band still ruled the whole show though. And Mike is one nice fella if ever I met one.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Martin

Thanks for that Chrisbo.
Absolutly gutted, hope all is well.

I called Newport TJ's tonight, who said the band was going to perform with different people tonight. I then explained why I asked; because I was to fly over to London. The guy answering the phone then interrupted me to say the singer will be there.

Man, I feel horrible.

PS. Cool to see you on here again!

Chrisbo

Cheers dude! That's good that Grady's gonna be there for London, will be an absolute kick ass show. Watch out for the singer of The Seventh Cross though, heh what a nutter that dude was!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Martin

Added info; Grady's wife was in an accident, that was the issue.

Gaz

according to the tour diary on Myspace Grady wasn't in Newport either. I bet they will be back again later in the year for a headline tour to make up for Grady's missed shows.

Martin

Added info: He was back in London and Portsmouth and they rocked like bastards!
Roll on Oxford, if my frail body can make it.

fireflyry

Glad to hear it worked out for you Tuck.

:D

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Chrisbo

Just a shame it didnt work out for me  :( Ah well sometimes there is far more important things in the world than music. I'm sure they'll be back soon with Grady in tow, and I cant wait!  :)

Martin

@ Fireflyry:Thanks man 8)
@Crisbo: Man, that suck indeed. Hopefully they'll be back soon. Or, just travel to Oxford tonight or London tomorrow 8)

Chrisbo

Quote from: Tuck on Mar 20, 2006, 03:01 PM
@Crisbo: Man, that suck indeed. Hopefully they'll be back soon. Or, just travel to Oxford tonight or London tomorrow 8)

Hehe, I'd love to, but I'm broke!

Martin

Ah pity man :(
So am I by the time I get back home, the way haha

vadimo

oh im gonna see them on wendsday @ the peel, how exiting and yeah that suckes what happend to Grady.  Im glad that thaye are back. So Chrisbo, simon from biffy clyro was on what vocals LOL who did what?

Martin

Nothing happend to Grady, it was his wife, and she's allright again (what I've been told).

Chrisbo

Craig from Aereogramme did Saga and...shit I forgot the other song he did, well I'm sure it was something off El Diablo. Sheep the singer of The Seventh Cross did If She Could Speak and Simon did Carpe Diem, I've Seen My Fate and Stick Up Kid. Apparently he hurt his ribs when he tried to jump into the crowd because he hit them off the railing, just as well he hasnt got any shows with Biffy planned until the end of March.

Good to hear his wife is alright!

Martin

it's on their myspace (who sang what and how the shows went).

Chrisbo

Yeah, but the tour diary bulletin has gone off my bulletin space thing, so I cant look back now. Ah well, I did read it though, the whole thing about the beer keg rolling down the hill haha! Sounds like they had a great show in Newport, haha, would have liked to see Kirk from Crowbar blast out Carpe Diem.

vadimo

would be interesting to hear simon doing these songs, biffy clyro should do  studio covers of that lol.

is that will haven official my space: http://www.myspace.com/willhaven43

is handle bars to free... a new song?

Chrisbo

Yup, that's Will Havens official my space. And yeah, I think that is a new song, but I may be wrong.

Martin

Your correct. 'Handlebars To Freedom' is a new song, but they don't play it (yet).

Grady @ Portsmouth asking the crowd if they visited their My Space...crowd cheers..Grady "I hate that shit...this song is not on there...it's called Helena".
Made me laugh.