Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

Martin

Paint Your Lips

Doesn't it sound like a b-side off Carpe Diem?

neutron liar

to bad you brits didn't record those shows over there for the recent tour...........

Martin

vadimo

Quote from: Tuck on May 25, 2006, 02:50 PM
Someone did record something...

...check The Broadcast Cafe.
Quote from: Tuck on May 25, 2006, 02:50 PM
Someone did record something...

...check The Broadcast Cafe.

oh wow WH @ the peel - its the guy that was standing right next to me with camera, i wanted to ask for his info after gig but i run to front ask for srum stick so i   missed that dude. Great quality vidz but picture is so dark, it was a lot of lighting @ the gig.

PS: he is got Johnny Truant - Seven Days At Knife Point video YES YES!

Nebontha

QuoteHahah cool

Another cool things is that a friend of mine created a Will Haven board;
http://whvnetc.proboards77.com/index.cgi

join'd
:P ;D
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Nebontha

I'll try to get a couple of my friends to join the forum as well, cuz they like Will Haven too (I was the one who got them to listen to the band)  ;D
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Nebontha

Man, I tried to get another "friend" of mine into Will Haven, he's a total old-school metalhead, but when I sent him "I've Seen My Fate", he tells me things like "they sound like Korn" and "I hate WH's bassist" and shit like that... gawd damn  :o ??? ::)
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Gaz

Quote from: Nebontha on May 28, 2006, 04:52 AM
Man, I tried to get another "friend" of mine into Will Haven, he's a total old-school metalhead, but when I sent him "I've Seen My Fate", he tells me things like "they sound like Korn" and "I hate WH's bassist" and shit like that... gawd damn  :o ??? ::)

If he thinks they sound like Korn then he's a fucking retard who knows nothing about metal.

Martin

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on May 28, 2006, 05:20 AM
Quote from: Nebontha on May 28, 2006, 04:52 AM

If he thinks they sound like Korn then he's a fucking retard who knows nothing about metal.

Word.
They sound nothing alike.

Chrisbo

Haha, they sound like Korn, bahahaha! Joke of the day!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Nebontha

QuoteIf he thinks they sound like Korn then he's a fucking retard who knows nothing about metal.

I think he said that Will Haven "soundslike Korn" because of the way the bass guitar and drums sound in the song "I've Seen My Fate", because I'm listening to it now and I can kindof see what he meant, but not entirely... Will Haven are Will Haven, and one of the many reasons I like them so much is because they're not some screamo band that plays cheesy '80s style "hair metal" guitar solos and crap like that, which a lot of bands these days seem to do, but I'm sure that "metalhead" guy I was talking about probably prefers bands like that over kick-ass, unpretentious bands like Will Haven...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Nebontha

Well, actually, as I said before, he is an "old-school metal fan", he likes Black Sabbath, old Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer... bands like that... but if he had to pick between listenin to a "nu-metal" band like WHVN or some metal/screamo poser band that vainly attempts crazy guitar solos, well he would pick the latter, I believe...  It's funny tho, cuz' he pretends to know a lot about music, but he's the one who told me a while back that Korn has 3 bassists...what a 'tard!
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Nebontha

But I don't care what he says, Will Haven will continue to my one of my all-time fave bands.  There's just something about Grady's non-usage of standard lyrical (and vocal) formulas and stuff and Jeff's guitar usage that took me in the first time I heard a Will Haven song, which was Carpe Diem... and I bought WHVN, which is my in my top-fave albums that I own..
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Martin

I know; Will Haven rocks like no other 8)

Nebontha

QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

The Captain

Gotta check my hair..Gotta look good..for them hoes