Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry_Curls

Recently started readin The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time by Mark Haddon...I liked it at first, but then started getting bored. Gonna pick it up again and see where I go from there.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

BigDave

@mazzy, i love murakami!  yea i've heard of yoshimoto, she's on my list of authors to check out.  i'm about 1/4 through we need to talk about kevin and it's really picked up, i'd defo recommend it.  and i hate fantasy too.

@curly, i loved that book, give it another chance.

stu

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 03, 2006, 12:49 PM
I love reading anything by Faulkner.
yeah i really liked As i lay dying and i tried reading The sound and the fury but never finished, but yeah hes cool

DeftonesATF27

Take a hit of the reefer keep smokin.

BigDave

i finished we need to talk about kevin and tought it was excellent. today i started 'the cutting room' by louise welsh.  it's about snuff.

DeftonesATF27

The Mayan Prophecies. unlocking the secrets of a lost civilization. Badass book if you like your mind to be fucked with on the what ifs of eternity and if will make it past the year 2012, also some cool info on death.

Deftones To Fall

hemingway - the sun also rises

Paint Your Lips

@ BigD
Saw you were going to read a book involving the theme snuff, and wondered if you can recommend me some gloomy / weird (lack of better word) books? I wanna start reading again. Broaden my horizont.

Just finnished American Psycho for the second time.

BigDave

read hey nostradamus! by douglas coupland.  i've got a feeling you'd love it.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: BigDave on Jun 08, 2006, 09:37 PM
read hey nostradamus! by douglas coupland.  i've got a feeling you'd love it.
Sweet, i'll get that, man. And if your mind comes across more book titles, fire em towards me. :) Thanks D.

BigDave

sure thing, i'll think about some tonight.

Paint Your Lips

Hey, BigD. Getting the book today, my local library has it. I'll tell you what i think !

Bayle

Just finished American Psycho - Brett Easton Ellis
Started The Chronicles of Thomas Convenant the Unbeliever - Steven Donaldson
Great book, if you're into that
Yes, I can imagine

BigDave

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Jun 09, 2006, 12:12 PM
Hey, BigD. Getting the book today, my local library has it. I'll tell you what i think !

awesome.  it's a very good book.  i finished it the day i started it, i was that gripped by it.

the cutting room was pretty shit.  i started reading junk by melvin burgess which is good so far.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: BigDave on Jun 11, 2006, 08:09 PM
awesome.  it's a very good book.  i finished it the day i started it, i was that gripped by it.
I finnished the first part the same day, but couldn't read on as i'm also stuying for a history exam. yuck. But, i'm really loving it, man. There are some cool views on religion and life in general. Great book so far. Can't wait to read the last part though, i'm really interested in hearing the grumpy in-love-with-God dad's view.

Thanks for the recommendation !

Azwethinkweiz

Has anyone read Lunar Park? the newest novel from Bret Easton Ellis.

I bought it some time ago, but I havent read it yet since i've been busy with school and stuff.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 11, 2006, 09:16 PM
Has anyone read Lunar Park? the newest novel from Bret Easton Ellis.

I bought it some time ago, but I havent read it yet since i've been busy with school and stuff.
Well ... Hmm ... Gonna see if i can read it after "Hey Nostradamus", "American Psycho" is pretty much my all time favourite book, so i'm pretty curious to read that one.

Azwethinkweiz

American Psycho is also great.. in a sick kind of way :D

I wrote my "store 3.g's opgave" on it (american psycho).

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 11, 2006, 09:28 PM
American Psycho is also great.. in a sick kind of way :D

I wrote my "store 3.g's opgave" on it (american psycho).
I was supposed to do that aswell, mix Danish with Psychology, but some mix ups prevented me from doing so. Shite ... Made one on Johannes V. Jensen's writings instead.

Hva Gym går du på?

Azwethinkweiz

Rysensteen Gym.

(lige ved siden af hovedbanen)