Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deafnotes

Quote from: endstand on Nov 02, 2012, 07:12 PM
Quote from: raynor on Apr 25, 2011, 01:44 AM
Anyone else feel that Hakuri Murakami is a bit overrated? I only read one of his books, Kafka on the beach. I guess it was alright, but everybody is always raving about how awesome he is.

I do feel he is overrated! I don't understand why he is so popular. I read three of his books (A Wild Sheep Chase; Dance Dance Dance; The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle) and they all are so familiar.. Guy is left by his girlfriend, strange things begin to happen, and in the end girlfriend comes back.

ive read wild sheep case so far.

Sett

Quote from: raynor on Apr 25, 2011, 01:44 AM
Anyone else feel that Hakuri Murakami is a bit overrated? I only read one of his books, Kafka on the beach. I guess it was alright, but everybody is always raving about how awesome he is.
The only book of him I've read is Sputnik Sweetheart. It was alright, I liked it, but nothing really too spectacular. The translation was from English to my native language, so I don't know how adequate it was after 2 translations. I didn't really know he was so popular. The last book I finished is The Black Obelisk by Erich Maria Remarque. Really like this writer.

devilinside

Starting 'A Storm of Swords:A Song of Ice and Fire:Book Three'

Getting ready for Game Of Thrones.

SwerveCityUSA

I remember when I was younger somebody suggested Dean Koontz to me and I said ok and bought like 3 of them because they had cool covers. I couldn't turn a page but I kept on it anyway to get my money's worth. Anybody that likes him is suffering from criminal boredom.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

ANattyRat

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 11, 2013, 07:42 AM
I remember when I was younger somebody suggested Dean Koontz to me and I said ok and bought like 3 of them because they had cool covers. I couldn't turn a page but I kept on it anyway to get my money's worth. Anybody that likes him is suffering from criminal boredom.

I read one of his books and loved it, but haven't really gotten into any of his others. I'll read more or less anything, though. I just finished reading a book called Girl 4 by Will Carver, great book, in my opinion.

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

blixa

trying really hard to get through the first game of thrones book. it's quite good but i should've read it in one go and not stopped.

Hank

Have always had that feeling with the Bible.

Penicks

spoiler: jesus dies

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 17, 2013, 12:12 AM
spoiler: jesus dies in the hearts of the wicked and enters into life
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

CourtneyWaffles

Just finished reading ALL of John Green's books! I feel so accomplished. :)

blixa

reading clarice lispector's the hour of the star. it's so well written. you really feel the isolation of the main character who is being written about by an unknown author who seems to know everything about her.

StaminaDaddy

snw9

Anyone reading the Red Rising Trilogy?
Code: [Select]

Eros TBA

'Business Or Blood' Mafia Boss Vito Rizzuto's Last War

B33HIV3

The Kybalion - Three Initiates