Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

confessions

Started by lithium royalty, Jan 19, 2006, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

law

ATF you're one hell of a smooth bastard.

Still, if you want any more tips just ask ;)

TheProzacFairy

Quote from: "aenemic"I thought theprozacfairy was taken?

yeah i'm taken...by DeftonesATF27  8)

Jacob

so you switched or was it that way all along?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

jv_

TheProzacFairy

Quote from: "aenemic"so you switched or was it that way all along?

no..i had a b/f for awhile..but we broke up.
My partna in crime did the honor of hookin me and ATF up.. 8) Thanks Mei, i owe ya one big time! haha

Mazzy

Quote from: "ToneDef"I can't be fucked to actually type out a whole argument, but not eating meat is bullshit.

Animals getting killed to feed us is nature. It's the fucking food chain. If we weren't supposed to eat meat then all our teeth would be flat and used for grinding leaves. Our bodies are specifically designed to accommodate meat.

I can understand the pity people feel for animals, but let it go. It's nature. We shouldn't fuck with nature.

Why is it bullshit? It leads to living a humane compassionate life. From a moral standpoint, actions that harm others are not matters of personal choice. For example, murder, child abuse, and cruelty to animals are immoral acts, not matters of choice. Today, our society encourages meat eating and factory farming, but at one time, society also encouraged slavery, child labour, and many other practices that are now universally recognised as wrong. I don't buy your comments about it all being 'natural'.

And a vegetarian diet suits the human body better than a diet that includes meat. Carnivorous animals have claws, short digestive tracts, and long, curved fangs. Humans have flat, flexible nails, and our so-called "canine" teeth are minuscule compared to those of carnivores and even compared to vegetarian primates like gorillas and orangutans. Our tiny canine teeth are better suited to biting into fruits than tearing through tough hides. We have flat molars and long digestive tracts that are suited to diets of vegetables, fruits, and grains. I really don't know where you got that teeth and body argument of yours cause it's totally inaccurate.

Quote from: "skinnypuppy"I doubt I'd ever be able to go full vegan, so tuna would be a good source of protein too.

Please don't call yourself a vegetarian if you eat seafood and chicken. Just do me that favour. If you stop eating meat and continue to eat seafood then you're a Pescatarian.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "Mazzy"Please don't call yourself a vegetarian if you eat seafood and chicken. Just do me that favour. If you stop eating meat and continue to eat seafood then you're a Pescatarian.

God, I hate it when people do that. This one kid at school claimed and claimed again he was a vegetarian. He then went on to admit that he ate a pepperoni pizza and that he couldn't help himself.

fireflyry

Quote from: "Mazzy"Carnivorous animals have claws, short digestive tracts, and long, curved fangs. Humans have flat, flexible nails, and our so-called "canine" teeth are minuscule compared to those of carnivores and even compared to vegetarian primates like gorillas and orangutans. Our tiny canine teeth are better suited to biting into fruits than tearing through tough hides. We have flat molars and long digestive tracts that are suited to diets of vegetables, fruits, and grains. I really don't know where you got that teeth and body argument of yours cause it's totally inaccurate.

Interesting...

I watched a documentary the other day which claimed we had the teeth of carnivores but our stomachs were still adjusting to processing and digesting meat.

One argument (of the doco) was that we had used our teeth as a tool hence the development of canines, etc while another set of experts claimed that was bollocks as ancient fossils proved we had eaten a lot of mammoth, sabertooth, etc.....

Each to their own but I like meat be it a cow or a fish.

It's part of my culture.

:D

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

DeftonesATF27

Im a fuckin dinasour when it comes to eating meat. T- rex. im dangerous.

CentralIllNoise

is it just me, or does Mazzy sound like Mr. Vandreson (spelling?)(Beaving & Butthead) a lot?

fireflyry

Quote from: "CentralIllNoise"is it just me, or does Mazzy sound like Mr. Vandreson (spelling?)(Beaving & Butthead) a lot?

Sorry Mazzy but that shit is funny.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

skinnypuppy

Quote from: "skinnypuppy"I doubt I'd ever be able to go full vegan, so tuna would be a good source of protein too.

Please don't call yourself a vegetarian if you eat seafood and chicken. Just do me that favour. If you stop eating meat and continue to eat seafood then you're a Pescatarian.[/quote]

I wouldnt eat chicken. maybe not sea food too, i barely eat any as it is, so i doubt id keep that on-board either. pescatarian has a nice ring to it, though  :)

The Captain

sounds like a religion

I haven't eaten any meat today, blah

DarkHorse

you've only beat it

Martin

Mazzy

Quote from: "CentralIllNoise"is it just me, or does Mazzy sound like Mr. Vandreson (spelling?)(Beaving & Butthead) a lot?

I don't know who that is. I've never watched Beavis and Butthead.

ToneDef

Quote from: "Mazzy"
Quote from: "ToneDef"I can't be fucked to actually type out a whole argument, but not eating meat is bullshit.

Animals getting killed to feed us is nature. It's the fucking food chain. If we weren't supposed to eat meat then all our teeth would be flat and used for grinding leaves. Our bodies are specifically designed to accommodate meat.

I can understand the pity people feel for animals, but let it go. It's nature. We shouldn't fuck with nature.

Why is it bullshit? It leads to living a humane compassionate life. From a moral standpoint, actions that harm others are not matters of personal choice. For example, murder, child abuse, and cruelty to animals are immoral acts, not matters of choice. Today, our society encourages meat eating and factory farming, but at one time, society also encouraged slavery, child labour, and many other practices that are now universally recognised as wrong. I don't buy your comments about it all being 'natural'.

And a vegetarian diet suits the human body better than a diet that includes meat. Carnivorous animals have claws, short digestive tracts, and long, curved fangs. Humans have flat, flexible nails, and our so-called "canine" teeth are minuscule compared to those of carnivores and even compared to vegetarian primates like gorillas and orangutans. Our tiny canine teeth are better suited to biting into fruits than tearing through tough hides. We have flat molars and long digestive tracts that are suited to diets of vegetables, fruits, and grains. I really don't know where you got that teeth and body argument of yours cause it's totally inaccurate.

Please don't call yourself a vegetarian if you eat seafood and chicken. Just do me that favour. If you stop eating meat and continue to eat seafood then you're a Pescatarian.
I still totally disagree. Again, I can't be fucked with a whole meat argument, but its is 100% nature. We as humans are made to eat meat. It's the cycle of life.

I've always seen Vegans and such as basically going against nature, and if you continue to do that then I think there will eventually be consequences. I'm not having a go at you for what you believe in, I just personally think it's bullshit.

The only thing I see wrong with meat eating is the way it's presentation has evolved. From us hunting other animals to survive, it's become paying money to have it handed over a counter in neat packaging, or to have it brought out to us on a plate. That's just typical of how the world changes though.

Meat ain't murder, it's life.

alvarezbassist17

my greatest fear is disappointing someone i really care about

i always tend to feel really guilty about doing bad things or whatever, but i do them anyway.

i tend to not take responsibility for my actions

i'm falling in love with my girlfriend after dating for 3 weeks... i don't know if that's a confession or whatever, but it just seems really soon.

Martin

I don't feel so good.
I'm able to change that by thinking positive. But I don't.

vida_mae

my boyfriend just left to go back home from spending the week with me here, for my birthday... i hate feeling so empty. :cry: