Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

confessions

Started by lithium royalty, Jan 19, 2006, 06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

law

Well that's hard cheese for you then

Jacob

Quote from: "one weak"i can't see any honest justification for NOT eating meat. not trying to be a dick Mazzy, just throwing it out there for the meat eaters.

it's almost as if people are becoming vegan as a fad, not to feel good about themselves or becuase the have reason to do so. if you go vegan, you better have a damn good reason in my opinion

isn't it reason enough that eating meat disgusts you? I eat meat, but I know lots of people who don't. my ex didn't. and I totally understand why they made that decision, even though I don't always agree. it's up to each and his own, dude. no one owes you an explanation why they don't wanna eat meat. it's like saying you better have a damn good reason for not liking bananas.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

one weak

no i dodn't mean that i wanted explanation. i was only giving resonse becuase mazzy said that she didn't understand how anyone could justify eating meat in the first place. i was simply just making the reverse statement...in other words, saying that each person has their own opinion

Moz La Punk

Quote from: "Jan"I like only virgins :lol: ...

But it can be so bloody!

ChickdelaLynch

I agree with Mazzy. After I stopped eating meat, I started feeling a lot healthier. I'm still trying to get a more varied diet without spending so much money. Being vegetarian these days ain't cheap.

manic_bastard

i need more meat. i need more protein. i eat more meat. i get more protein. im healthier

manic_bastard

i need meat. i need protein. i eat meat. i eat protein. im healthy

hydroponic82

CONFE$$ion/////

when driving on a bumpy road i tend to get a massive erection.

TheProzacFairy

Quote from: "hydroponic82"CONFE$$ion/////

when driving on a bumpy road i tend to get a massive erection.

.....hahaha!!! How does that turn you on???

feeling like more

i used to break into cars

lifter

my childhood friend and i used to go into everyones backpacks and desks(while they were at lunch ) , and take the money and toys and cool shit we can find. back like in 4th grade, i think. i stole a few other stuff from that school too.
i also got caught taking a piss on a tree , on campus hahah.

Jerry_Curls

Sometimes, I like to go to for like 3 days without showering.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jan

Quote from: "Moz La Punk"
Quote from: "Jan"I like only virgins :lol: ...

But it can be so bloody!

that's what I like about it!

lithium royalty

i've made my mom cry one too many times.

Mazzy

Quote from: "one weak"i can't see any honest justification for NOT eating meat. not trying to be a dick Mazzy, just throwing it out there for the meat eaters.

it's almost as if people are becoming vegan as a fad, not to feel good about themselves or becuase the have reason to do so. if you go vegan, you better have a damn good reason in my opinion

How about to stop causing pain, anguish and distress for animals who are seen as objects rather than fellow beings who rightly deserve to live as much as you. A pig has the right to life as much as a human, so does a cow and so on. It's not just about health, it's about moral, ethical and environmental reasons. It's funny, I saw this movie about how we test on animals to cure the things that animal products cause. The simplest cure for those things is to stop eating animal products. Yet, we are fighting a lost cause over and over again. Doctors are too focused on medicine instead of our bodie's own natural immune system. There's no pill that can cure anything. It only gives you a false sense of healthiness by stopping the symptoms.

The way we exploit animals is sick. People are actually genetically manipulating animals so they're nothing but machines. That's the way the meat, eggs and dairy corporations think of them.

People who become vegans/vegetarians should have many reasons for being one, the top reason should be animal rights. That's what all veg's fight for, or should fight for. We have our countries allowing labratories to put breeding pigs in cages, who are significantly more intelligent than dogs, and be confined there for their entire lives. The only state that's made this unlawful is Florida. America (and I'm not picking on your country even though it is the worst one when it comes to animal rights) makes it lawful for laboratories to shoot pesticides and drain cleaner into the stomachs of rats and other animals. COME ON!! DON'T EXPECT THAT NOT TO PISS VEG PEOPLE OFF.

Quote from: "one weak"i thought of this in the "other bands" forum....but i grew up listening to a lot of country music. (from a small mountain hick town) and i always said that i hated it...

the truth is, i actually like a lot of country music. and not just johnny cash and willie nelson.

god i'm glad i got that off my chest. i hope you understand.

Dude, get this.

skinnypuppy

I started going vegetarian about two weeks before new years. I was trying to gradually lean myself off meat, and then for about a day and a half I didnt eat any more - my body nearly killed itself. i felt really sick. granted, it could had been a bad day for me which made me feel bad, and not the whole trying to go vegetarian thing, but nonetheless; damn!  It hasn't made me kill the idea though, I still want to do it, I just don't think I'm able to while still living with my parents and not having a full time job to get all the foods I'd need to keep me fit. How do you get your protein, cause my mom was telling me that's the biggest problem; not having protein in your system.

Mazzy

Whole wheat is a great source of protein. If you switch to whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, etc, it'll make a HUGE difference. Luna bars are delicious vegan protein bars made out of a variety of grains and also soy, and they contain flax seed as well. Soy is a complete protein so you don't have to make sure combine grain protein with it.

Have you tried tempeh? Or tofu? There's also soy yogurts, which I love. I mix in some ground flax seed for a super nutritious snack. They also have lots of calcium.

You can go nuts. Almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, peanuts, GO NUTS!!

skinnypuppy

I'm not a big fan of soy. I tried soy milk in cereal once and nearly vomitted. I'm down with soy protein shakes and soy chocolate milk, though.
I have a hate / sorta-am-ok-with tofo relationship. if tofu's cooked properly and is slightly firm (think chicken), then I'm down with it, especially in asian food. But americanized tofu is like eating a squishy piece of plastic to me. I doubt I'd ever be able to go full vegan, so tuna would be a good source of protein too.

DeftonesATF27

I confess im gonna fuck TheProzacFairy and all you other suckers cant have it, thats right baby your gonna have my babies. sorry about are little dispute honey, you know your still my angel.

TheProzacFairy

Quote from: "DeftonesATF27"I confess im gonna fuck TheProzacFairy and all you other suckers cant have it, thats right baby your gonna have my babies. sorry about are little dispute honey, you know your still my angel.

:oops: All is forgiven suga