Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Official Football Thread (Soccer)

Started by minus_blindfold, Jan 27, 2006, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minus_blindfold

We blatenently need a thread for this.
We should keep this alive so keep posting!

i cant think wot to say now but in the past there has been many things.

Here is the European Championship 2008 draw:

Group A:
Kazakhstan
Azerbaijan
Armenia
Finland
Belgium
Serbia & Montenegro
Poland
Portugal

Group B:
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Lithuania
Scotland
Ukraine
Italy
France

Group C:
Malta
Moldova
Hungary
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Norway
Turkey
Greece

Group D:
San Marino
Cyprus
Wales
Rep of Ireland
Slovakia
Germany
Czech Republic

Group E:
Andorra
Macedonia
Estonia
Israel
Russia
Croatia
England

Group F:
Liechtenstein
Northern Ireland
Iceland
Latvia
Denmark
Spain
Sweden

Group G:
Luxembourg
Belarus
Albania
Slovenia
Bulgaria
Romania
Holland

An ace group for England dont u think?
Who do u think should replace Sven?

Well, I've been lickin' this carpet for 3 whole hours and I don't feel like a lesbian.

ToneDef

An excellent group for England. If we fuck up there, we're idiots.

I don't think Sven should be replaced. I hope he wins it for us and can then rub it in the FA's faces. Stuart Pearce would be good though.

4th Eye

If my drunken eyes see correctly, Finland is in the only 8-group. And Belgium, Serbia & ..., Poland and Portugal are not the easiest opponents. What the fuck?

Really, Finland has more talent than the results or ranks shows but the groups have been impossible lately. Hell, the EC '06 qualification, there was Holland, Romania and Czech Rep in the same group.

But I hope the new coach could bring us to the top.

minus_blindfold

Quote from: "4th Eye"If my drunken eyes see correctly, Finland is in the only 8-group. And Belgium, Serbia & ..., Poland and Portugal are not the easiest opponents. What the fuck?

Really, Finland has more talent than the results or ranks shows but the groups have been impossible lately. Hell, the EC '06 qualification, there was Holland, Romania and Czech Rep in the same group.

But I hope the new coach could bring us to the top.

commiserations dude. thats a bit of a bastard, i have to agree.
still, nevermind... a good group for England  :wink:  :lol:  :wink:

Tonedef... yeah, i kinda agree with you. it would be good to win the world cup anyway but also cos of the situation it will leave Sven in.

I want a english manager but u know what, if the best man for the job isnt english then so be it. i recon stuart pearce could do with more exp. maybe give him another position.

anyway more importantly..... GOD HAS RETURNED  :!:

Well, I've been lickin' this carpet for 3 whole hours and I don't feel like a lesbian.

minus_blindfold

FA cup 5th round draw:

Full draw:

Preston/Crystal Palace v Coventry/Middlesbrough

Newcastle v Southampton

Aston Villa v Manchester City

Everton/Chelsea v Colchester

Charlton v Brentford

Liverpool v Manchester United (should be good!!!)

Bolton v West Ham

Stoke v Reading/Birmingham

Nailec

ok i bet no american guy recognizes, but y are there non-european teams playing?

4th Eye

Quote from: "Nailec"ok i bet no american guy recognizes, but y are there non-european teams playing?
If they ran out of european countries?...maybe Kazakstan, Azerbaijan etc are there because Soviet Union used to be there...but as far as I know, Israel has no past or present geographical connections to Europe, or then I'm poorly educated. I'd say kick Israel out and make them all groups of seven.

On a side note, I had no idea I've been in this thread earlier. :?

law

What happened to 'boro in the FA cup?

minus_blindfold

what do u mean. they have to play coventry.

The GOD is back. come on liverpool!!!

ToneDef

I can see Fowler absolutely PWNING now he's back at Anfield. I never supported Liverpool, but it still reminds me of the old days of the premiership when it was actually good.

Crazylegs

Quote from: "ToneDef"I can see Fowler absolutely PWNING now he's back at Anfield.

What! Fowler's back? How old is he now?

ToneDef

He's getting on a bit. But yeah, he's back at Liverpool on a free transfer.

Gaz

haha I took pride in watching Chelski get smashed by Boro yesterday

ToneDef

I took great pride in knowing Fulham obliterated West Brom 6-1 the other day.

cyril_def

minus_blindfold

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Feb 12, 2006, 06:35 PM
haha I took pride in watching Chelski get smashed by Boro yesterday

yeah, this was a gooden. i was out at printworks when that was on, i cant understand how they lost. did they play really shit or something.

Gaz

Boro exposed the weak link in Chelsea's defence, Carvalho can't head the ball and they used it to there advantage, I just hope more teams can find blips in Chelsea so we (Man Utd) can take advantage of it

law

minus_blindfold

fuck that! liverpool need to be in utds position.
did u watch them last night. proper pissed off with morientes and cisse now. they just cannot put them away.
it was funny though, i was saying bring gracia on he will score, and hey presto!

liverpool have shown chelsea up for their weaknesses in the past, shame it wasnt so on their last meeting.

one last thing. do u as a utd fan like Ruude V N