Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Official Football Thread (Soccer)

Started by minus_blindfold, Jan 27, 2006, 06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

every time i decide to watch a real madrid game they lose big time. I'm just gonna stop watching the big games.

black coffee

Quote from: ToneDef on Nov 30, 2010, 02:55 AM
It'd be kinda weird to support a team like Barca I'd imagine. No ups and downs really, just ups pretty much. I dunno, it's 'cause my team is Fulham I guess. I just can't imagine getting the same enjoyment from being into a team of superstars I guess.

That's an interesting point. My team plays in the second league in Germany, and being a fan of this club means lots of suffering. There is a fitting quote from the movie Vanilla Sky - "Just remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour, and I know the sour"
I can only laugh when spanish media try to make it a big deal that Real Madrid has lost for the first time this season. 0:5 is obviously tough, but at least they play for titles pretty much every season.

ToneDef

Yeah, the good times are much better when they're not expected. Fulham's Europa League run last season was a total fairytale. And now Spurs fans in the Premier League are having a great time. They're having a great fun, playing great, attacking football. They're no longer a mid table side.

I guess your team is like your own thing, you know? With teams as huge as Barca, Madrid etc they're kind of everyone elses thing too. They're just huge, huge clubs.

snw9

Anyone fans of Champions league or following them?
Code: [Select]

rock_n_frost

of course..
its the biggest soccer organization after the world cup

whats your team in C.league?
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

wheresmysnare

Quote from: juvenile on Oct 20, 2011, 05:49 PM
Anyone fans of Champions league or following them?

Manchester United, unconvincing start to the champ league so far but should make it through group stages. Huge match today against local rival Manchester City, should be awesome

bright lights, big city

I'm posting in this thread since no one ever posts in the NFL thread anymore, but this deals futbol americano.

The Bears are playing in London today and everyone is making a big deal about how America's pastime needs to be spread to Europe. Does anyone in England actually give a shit about the Chicago Bears?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wheresmysnare

In my entire life I have met three people in the UK who follow the NFL if that gives you any indication. The problem is that it isn't televised very often and its always on at like 2am in the morning and no one here understands the rules

snw9

Anybody following the National team games, got some friendlies on this weekend!

black coffee

Eurosport is gonna broadcast the Turkey-Croatia playoff match, I'm most likely gonna watch this instead of the Germany-Ukraine friendly.

snw9

Quote from: black coffee on Nov 10, 2011, 01:46 PM
Eurosport is gonna broadcast the Turkey-Croatia playoff match, I'm most likely gonna watch this instead of the Germany-Ukraine friendly.

Oh thats gonna be an awesome game..Im waiting for Netherlands vs Germany. Even though, Netherlands are known for not taking their friendly games seriously, it should be good

Who are you supporting?

snw9

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Oct 21, 2011, 02:46 AM
of course..
its the biggest soccer organization after the world cup

whats your team in C.league?

Ive been a fan AC Milan for a long time but I actually support the Netherlands National Team. Anything that beats Barcelona lol

black coffee

My team plays in the second German league, but we are on a good way to move up.

Of course in the Champions League I prefer German teams to win, which doesn't mean that I support Bayern Munich! Fuck those motherfuckers, but they usually play well in the Champions League which is good for the UEFA coefficient and thereby for us.

ToneDef

Off to see Chelsea - Valencia next month

snw9

Hey so Manchester United is out of Champions League, who saw that coming? loool

black coffee

Newspapers are full of this shit "Manchester so sad now", "City and United having a hard time", "poor millionaires depressed because they have to play Europe League", "Ferguson likely to chew more chewing gum than anyone ever did before"

Well too bad for Manchester that the only things they're proud of are their football teams. And after all, its not like they're not 1st and 2nd in the league.

snw9

Well Manchester United is second in the Premier League. I want Schalke 04 to advance in Europa

Northcal

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Messi's kid was born today :D Very happy for him