Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

i must admit, they are one of the few bands that i like more than deftones

who else loves there music?

im not in radiohead mode right now, there are a few months every year where i just dont wanna hear them

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Assassin

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Feb 20, 2006, 10:24 PM

:o

Not dissing Radiohead, but I prefer Muse personally.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Assassin on Feb 20, 2006, 10:26 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Feb 20, 2006, 10:24 PM

lol, dont get me wrong, absolution is a great album and all

but muse is like radioheads younger brother who just wont give up

dont even get me started with coldplay

Not dissing Radiohead, but I prefer Muse personally.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Crazylegs

Radiohead are great. They don't top the tones in my opinion, but they come pretty close. Ok Computer is a brilliant album.

Paint Your Lips

Radiohead is amazing. I'll never fucking understand why people prefer OK Computer, though.

Don't know if i like them better than the tones.

fireflyry

Talented as fuck and I certainly had a Radiohead phase but Tom Yorke's vocals and obvious depression grated after a while.I hav't listened to them in years now, probably since OK Computer and to be honest I don't really like their new stuff.

The Bends kicks ass.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Moz La Punk

Radiohead is one of my favourite bands. I'm not in a Radiohead mood for some months either, but when I am I get totally engrossed by their music. I love all their cds... best ones? Difficult... Kid A and Amnesiac.

Paint Your Lips

No HTTT love, Moz?

law

I love them too, I think everyone pretty much knows that. Just getting back into HTTT after having an OK Computer stint hehe.

edit - I just can't stop listening to Let Down, that song... especially in headphones sounds amazing with all the computer effects really going on that sound really special, and Thoms vocals on that track are unreal. Top notch stuff.

Moz La Punk

I love all their records, Marty, but you gotta make choiches ;)

Well actually you dont... I have them all. But if I had to choose two records, they would be the two I mentioned.

Fireal1222

Quote from: law on Feb 21, 2006, 12:00 AM
I love them too, I think everyone pretty much knows that. Just getting back into HTTT after having an OK Computer stint hehe.

edit - I just can't stop listening to Let Down, that song... especially in headphones sounds amazing with all the computer effects really going on that sound really special, and Thoms vocals on that track are unreal. Top notch stuff.

its crazy that paint your lips didnt notice how many insane sound effects are used in that song

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Assassin

Listening to all that whatevercore has probably numbed his sense of hearing.

Sorry - I couldn't resist. :P

Paint Your Lips

I get you, man. Amnesiac is golden aswell. Pyramid Song just fucking hits me, it has done so for the past week, it's insane.

Jarad. Who said i didn't?

Moz La Punk

Ah, Pyramid Song.. lovely.

You and whose army, that song is also killer. Its just the ultimate 'come and fucking hit me if you want but i'll be two steps ahead of you anyway' attitude song.

And You Might Be Wrong. Very hypnotizing.

ChickdelaLynch

Amnesiac is my favorite album by them. They don't beat Deftones, but they're definitely up there.

Paint Your Lips

Moz, stop it, you're scaring me.

Moz La Punk

@chick: Holy shit, didnt even know you came back here!

You dont know me anyway but still :)

@paint your lips: what? why?

law

They are a quality band, and since Ok computer... for me they have really come into their own and I never tend to say another band in the same breath as they have their own thing going, which is godlike for me.

Props to Jarad for starting this thread. Good lad hehe

Moz La Punk

If I remember correctly it's like the third time or something that he started a topic about Radiohead :P

I started one once.

Paint Your Lips

Haha, moz, it was just because you kept mentioning my favourite songs of the album. No biggie.