Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Your Lips

Little by Little is really hitting the spot, at the moment. Such a great track.

I get all psychedelic listening to this album. I feel high when listening with closed eyes.

Slacker, where'd you get the lyrics?

sing blue silver

growing on me more and more. i liked it on first listen but now i'm just loving it. when i first heard lotus flower i thought it was kind of meh but it's so good. only complaint is sometimes it sounds more like a thom yorke record than a radiohead record. i'm hard pressed to find colin or ed's influence at points. i guess you can still hear johnny in the electronic bits and phil of course does some very interesting work on this record but i can't help feeling at times i'm not hearing the full bands input. i think it's the first time i've noticed phil standing out above the other members. but despite some of these things, it's pretty excellent.

theis

Never liked Radiohead, but I really enjoy this album. Weird.

Crazylegs

laying in bed with your eyes shut, and listening to this album on some good earphones = goosebumps

shine down unshy

Quote from: theis on Feb 19, 2011, 07:28 PM

Haha nice.

Also, this album is slowly creeping over me.  I'm liking it 'little by little'.  Give up the Ghost is also a great song.

Jerry_Curls

I love the krautrock influence on this album. Some sexy jams, good for weed smoking. I like it.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Paint Your Lips

What? ... WHAT?!

I agree, it's Def. a smokers album, Curly.

occipudding

I'm sorry but king of limbs is the most boring album ive heard in a looooooong time.  I don't know what yall see in it
machete!  meow

bright lights, big city

Never thought I'd see you say you like anything by Radiohead.

Whoever mentioned this as a continuation to Amnesiac hit it perfectly. This will be in my music rotation for quite some time.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Crazylegs

Quote from: occipudding on Feb 20, 2011, 04:20 AM
I'm sorry but king of limbs is the most boring album ive heard in a looooooong time.  I don't know what yall see in it

too bad for you.

from_musings

yes,and not to mention too bad for radiohead.

I've liked everything radiohead have released since ok computer but I wasn't completely swept away after the first listen like i usually am after hearing something new from them.the two tracks that caught my attention was little by little and codex but I have to listen some more.my first impression was that it seemed more like pleasant background music at a soft chillout bar than something that would blow you away... but I'll have it on repeat , im sure it's a grower

theis

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Feb 20, 2011, 01:16 AM
What? ... WHAT?!

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 20, 2011, 05:24 AM
Never thought I'd see you say you like anything by Radiohead.

I know. What is the world coming to!?

ben

I don't know, especially because that means you like this but don't like any of their albums.  And that is fucking stupid.

bright lights, big city

yeah man now you have to at least try Amnesiac, Kid A, and OK Computer again.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ben

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 20, 2011, 04:53 PM
yeah man now you have to at least try Amnesiac, Kid A, and OK Computer again.

yes.  Maybe this is the kind of deal where one album clicks and then you gain perspective on what Radiohead's sound really is and you enjoy those albums a lot more. 

bright lights, big city

interesting little article about the possible bigger project Radiohead has in store for us
http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&p=9807&title=radiohead_the_king_of_limbs_the_conspira&more=1&c=1
DERP

Corleone

This new album makes 'In Rainbows' sound like a masterpiece.. which it is. Prob up there with Ok Computer and The bends.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 20, 2011, 05:12 PM
interesting little article about the possible bigger project Radiohead has in store for us
http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&p=9807&title=radiohead_the_king_of_limbs_the_conspira&more=1&c=1
People are going insane, haha. Funny as hell reading the various theories.