Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewarethewater1

Quote from: from_musings on Feb 20, 2011, 12:00 PM
yes,and not to mention too bad for radiohead.

I've liked everything radiohead have released since ok computer but I wasn't completely swept away after the first listen like i usually am after hearing something new from them.the two tracks that caught my attention was little by little and codex but I have to listen some more.my first impression was that it seemed more like pleasant background music at a soft chillout bar than something that would blow you away... but I'll have it on repeat , im sure it's a grower

I agree with this. Theres a few songs which have grown on me (Codex is awesome) but just doesn't seem like they had their heart in recording this. Also it's kind of an insult to fans who have been waiting since In Rainbows with all the rumours and everything that theyd only include 8 songs. Just seems like the fact they're so popular now means they can release anything they want and they know people will still buy their stuff.

Sushi-X

Anyone have lyrics to these songs yet?

Rocket Skates '94

Slacker

Sushi-X

Thanks for the snarky reply dude. Much obliged.

Rocket Skates '94

bewarethewater1

Quote from: Sushi-X on Feb 20, 2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the snarky reply dude. Much obliged.
you were asking for it

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: bewarethewater1 on Feb 20, 2011, 07:57 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Feb 20, 2011, 12:00 PM
yes,and not to mention too bad for radiohead.

I've liked everything radiohead have released since ok computer but I wasn't completely swept away after the first listen like i usually am after hearing something new from them.the two tracks that caught my attention was little by little and codex but I have to listen some more.my first impression was that it seemed more like pleasant background music at a soft chillout bar than something that would blow you away... but I'll have it on repeat , im sure it's a grower

I agree with this. Theres a few songs which have grown on me (Codex is awesome) but just doesn't seem like they had their heart in recording this. Also it's kind of an insult to fans who have been waiting since In Rainbows with all the rumours and everything that theyd only include 8 songs. Just seems like the fact they're so popular now means they can release anything they want and they know people will still buy their stuff.

That's exactly what it means, they can release whatever THEY want. They don't have to produce a certain amount of tracks to keep everyone happy.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Feb 20, 2011, 11:36 PM
They don't have to produce a certain amount of tracks to keep everyone happy.
Well put, Curly. Same goes for their sound, they don't HAVE to make songs from the same formular of "verse, chorus, verse, chorus". And I love that about them.

theis

Downloaded their discography.

I think it's time to give this band another chance.

Starz

I'd be interested to know what your favourite release is after you've had a chance to listen to them all

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

White Wrist

Quote from: theis on Feb 21, 2011, 12:31 AM

OK computer...my friend. it will change your life :)

Sinatra

i love "the king of limbs" it reminds me of a distant relative to "kid a" and "amnesiac" and prefer it to "in rainbows" don't get me wrong i liked "in rainbows"
i just found it to be a little too user friendly. "the king of limbs" brought back the gloom and that's what i've always loved about radiohead.

E-Money

Absolutely loving the album, it really hit me on the 3rd or 4th listen.  I'll put Codex up there among the most beautiful song's they've ever written.  I think the second half is definitely stronger than the first half, but its all really grown on me.  I'm sure they will release a second half in the future. 

bright lights, big city

i'm hoping it's some secret surprise when people get the vinyls in may.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

mr.sinister

The first time I listened to kol, I was kinda confused. It reminded me of amnesiac which I love, but I wasnt sure what radiohead were trying to communicate with the listener. the more I listen to it the more I like it and understand it. It is a very quiet album in comparison to their other observations but also a very atmospheric and dense album and im pretty
sure thats what they were going for. thumbs for sure on this one.

mr.sinister

good for you dude. They are heavily overrated but rightfully so.

Crazylegs

Quote from: mr.sinister on Feb 21, 2011, 06:25 AM

good for you dude. They are heavily overrated but rightfully so.

How can they be overrated if they're rightfully rated that high?

Slacker

Starz

Been listening to King Of Limbs all day today and am really loving it, though I don't think Codex is that great of a song but maybe it's just me. My faves are Little by Little and Lotus Flower. And Separator is crying out for a heavy crescendo at the endddddd

Crazylegs

holy shit seperator is beyond good.