Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Quote from: Starz on Feb 21, 2011, 06:22 PM
Been listening to King Of Limbs all day today and am really loving it, though I don't think Codex is that great of a song but maybe it's just me. My faves are Little by Little and Lotus Flower. And Separator is crying out for a heavy crescendo at the endddddd

What?  No love 4 Codex?  I cant get enough of it... but I also love little by little and lotus flower!  The whole album is great! 

theis

Quote from: Starz on Feb 21, 2011, 01:30 AM
I'd be interested to know what your favourite release is after you've had a chance to listen to them all

Listened to In Rainbows last night on my sexy headphones and I enjoyed it a lot. I've read that it's one of their more "straight-forward" albums and I could definitely hear that. Next: Hail to the Thief. I'm working my way backwards.

E-Money

Quote from: theis on Feb 21, 2011, 11:23 PM
I'd be interested to know what your favourite release is after you've had a chance to listen to them all

Listened to In Rainbows last night on my sexy headphones and I enjoyed it a lot. I've read that it's one of their more "straight-forward" albums and I could definitely hear that. Next: Hail to the Thief. I'm working my
way backwards.

I knew u would dig In Rainbows. My guess is OK Computer will be your next favorite.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: E-Money on Feb 21, 2011, 11:28 PM
Quote from: theis on Feb 21, 2011, 11:23 PM

Listened to In Rainbows last night on my sexy headphones and I enjoyed it a lot. I've read that it's one of their more "straight-forward" albums and I could definitely hear that. Next: Hail to the Thief. I'm working my
way backwards.

I knew u would dig In Rainbows. My guess is OK Computer will be your next favorite.
I'm looking forward to when he gets to Kid A/Amnesiac
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

radiohead are amazing but if you're working backwards get ready for a letdown at the end (pablo honey). the rest of the catalogue is pretty damn solid though.

also the king of thieves sounds amazing on some quality headphones. lots of things going on that i didn't notice at first through my speakers.

theis

Just got done with Hail to the Thief.

A little long, but I liked it a lot. It had a dark/eerie vibe which I really dug.

Corleone

Going backwards with this band is a trip, because 'the bends' is so different, but still sooo radiohead. Love that album

bright lights, big city

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 21, 2011, 11:56 PM
radiohead are amazing but if you're working backwards get ready for a letdown at the end (pablo honey). the rest of the catalogue is pretty damn solid though.

also the king of thieves sounds amazing on some quality headphones. lots of things going on that i didn't notice at first through my speakers.
but what about CREEP!!??!?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

E-Money

Radiohead- The King of Limbs ALBUM REVIEW

Anthony's review was pretty brutal.  I agree to a certain extent but I think its a lot better than a light to decent 6. 

mr.sinister

true that listening to the new album on quality headphones is a trip. Im using sennheiser 650s. The quality is ethereal. Such a great album.

Glad you like in rainbows theis. Really good album. hail to the thief can be hit or miss for some but I dig it for the same reason u do. Love that gloomyness on sail to the moon.

theis

Got done with Amnesiac.

I think I liked it a little more than Hail to the Thief. Songs like Pyramid Song, I Might Be Wrong and Life In a Glasshouse were pretty fucking great.

Overall, this was definitely the most melancholic and depressing-sounding album I've heard yet from Radiohead. That's not a bad thing though.

Slacker

Quote from: mr.sinister on Feb 22, 2011, 06:45 AM
true that listening to the new album on quality headphones is a trip. Im using sennheiser 650s. The quality is ethereal. Such a great album.

Glad you like in rainbows theis. Really good album. hail to the thief can be hit or miss for some but I dig it for the same reason u do. Love that gloomyness on sail to the moon.

yeah, i pulled my first listen with my shure 750dj and it was pretty good, even though i forgot to pull the doble eq.

there is much to hear with a 50mm speaker, thats fo sho!.

skinnypuppy

I really wish I still smoked the green, so maybe I would understand this record better. Can't connect with it yet. But most Radiohead albums take a while to grow on me until I fall in love with them.

theis

Done listening to Kid A.

Okay, I think I've seen the Radiohead light, haha.

What strikes me the most is the impressive diversity between the albums. None of them resemble each other even a little bit.

This is where I will admit that I was wrong and you all were right. Consider me a fan.

Stand out song from Kid A: How to Disappear Completely

I don't think I'll be able to rank the albums since I need to listen to them more than once to get a proper perspective.

Next: OK Computer.

Slacker

Quote from: theis on Feb 22, 2011, 10:47 PM
Done listening to Kid A.

Okay, I think I've seen the Radiohead light, haha.

What strikes me the most is the impressive diversity between the albums. None of them resemble each other even a little bit.

This is where I will admit that I was wrong and you all were right. Consider me a fan.

Stand out song from Kid A: How to Disappear Completely

I don't think I'll be able to rank the albums since I need to listen to them more than once to get a proper perspective.

Next: OK Computer.

this so cool, discovering the band... its safe to say that kid a is the event horizont for this guys.

bright lights, big city

very cool dude. just keep giving your thoughts, because it's fun witnessing someone grow into a Radiohead fan.
DERP

theis

Ha, will do.

The reasons why I always kept away from giving them a proper listen were:

A) They seemed incredibly pretentious and full of themselves (dumb, I know)
B) The fans - always hyping them to be the best band ever. Always being derogatory towards people who didn't like Radiohead. A bunch of elitist douche-bags (not all of them of course)
C) I first heard them during my Korn/Ill Nino/Nu-metal phase and I thought it was crap. Never looked back since.

Glad I got over myself and gave them a second chance.

sing blue silver

OK Computer is the pinnacle. my first listen of that just blew me away, and it still does really. let down and lucky are pretty outstanding.

Slacker

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 22, 2011, 11:49 PM
OK Computer is the pinnacle. my first listen of that just blew me away, and it still does really. let down and lucky are pretty outstanding.

yeah the ok computer transition to kid a is one of the best the industry has witness, even if you dont get in the mix the airbag ep...

Fireal1222

im happy to see theis finally hears it too.

anyway. i find it awesome that you are seeing their progression backwards.. kid a was when they went down a new path entirely.. so since you are doing it backwards, ok computer will seem as though its a new road entirely than the rest of the albums..

as far as the new album goes. i am 100% sure that they are releasing another 8-10 tracks for a second cd. i listened to the album earlier today and could just tell that more was to come, even the last song is called seperator and he keeps saying, if you thought this is over than your wrong...
i might be wrong.

as far as the record goes as is.. incredible stuff from beginning to end. very minimal though. at least it seems that way.
thats why i think their is another disc to come, it just seems like their is more shape and form to be added to this record.

i dont want it to seem like im saying the album doesnt sound complete, its just that. i dont know, i just feel like more music is to come

EDIT*

after logging on to a radiohead website. it appears i am not the only one speculating another half of an album

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.