Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

I can't stop listening to Radiohead. Haha.

sing blue silver

pablo honey: meh, it's good but nothing really special
the bends: one of my personal favorite records ever, this is radiohead coming into their own
OK Computer: masterpiece, enough said
Kid A: hated it when i first heard it, now it blows my mind every time
Amnesiac: was my favorite of theirs for a long time. still great but i don't listen to it as much since i overplayed it
Hail to the Thief: amazing record but there are some songs i skip rather often.
In Rainbows: probably my favorite at the moment. so many memories, and truly a masterpiece.
TKOL: really good album but the second half of the album greatly outweighs the first. i find myself listening just from lotus flower on.

Sinatra

little by little is infectious and has been stuck in my head since the second listen of TKOL but I'd have to say my favorite track is "give up the ghost" and "lotus flower" is a close second. really a beautiful album

E-Money

Quote from: sing blue silver on Feb 24, 2011, 08:03 PM
pablo honey: meh, it's good but nothing really special
the bends: one of my personal favorite records ever, this is radiohead coming into their own
OK Computer: masterpiece, enough said
Kid A: hated it when i first heard it, now it blows my mind every time
Amnesiac: was my favorite of theirs for a long time. still great but i don't listen to it as much since i overplayed it
Hail to the Thief: amazing record but there are some songs i skip rather often.
In Rainbows: probably my favorite at the moment. so many memories, and truly a masterpiece.
TKOL: really good album but the second half of the album greatly outweighs the first. i find myself listening just from lotus flower on.

That basically sums it up perfectly for me!  I think In Rainbows is probably my favorite album by them. Plus I got to see them live around the time it was released! Definitely a special time with many good memories.

sing blue silver

yeah same here, got to see that whole album live and about 15 other songs. epic concert. ridiculously huge crowd in montreal.

Corleone

Quote from: theis on Feb 24, 2011, 07:39 PM
I can't stop listening to Radiohead. Haha.

Where is your review for 'the bends'?

hmmmmmmmmmmmm? lol

theis

Haven't listened to it yet! Soon. :)

Corleone

haha yeah prob taking a while for all the albums to settle in your brain, save some for later

theis

theis

Okay, best one yet. I'm laughing so hard, hahaha.

Thom Yorke Has To Pee

E-Money

Bloom has become my favorite track on the album.  It's perfect in every way.  Only Radiohead can make a mostly electronic track that paints pictures on nature in my head.  Amazing  

skinnypuppy

Notice has the media has sort of stopped caring about this album, and that fans aren't really talking much about it (more about the catalogue)

This makes me sad. I'm on the same boat. Just can't get into it. Seems like the band should really do something ASAP or else we will remain unstimulated by the whole thing. Tour, webisodes, etc... Anything! The album [i[wasnt enough[/i] and now it almost seems like a slap in the face that they're recording another record without doing anything with this one.

chick de la lynch

I love Radiohead as much as the next guy on this board, but I'm having a really hard time getting into The King of Limbs. It's not that it's bad or anything, but it's just not striking a chord with me. In the past, I have fallen in love with a Radiohead album within the first two listens. I've played this album six times now and not a single track jumps out at me. Honestly, this album is all muddled together where it all just sounds the same. Maybe it was because I just wasn't in the proper mood to listen to it and that's why I'm not crazy about the album. So far, I'm not impressed.

Slacker

i see where you guys are coming from

i gotta be honest im havent listen like crazy to the album... but it will grow on you guys, slowly and maybe painfully, but it will grow.

skinnypuppy

Repeat after me

"This is just not that great of a Radiohead album"

Don't you feel better now?

There Will Be Blood

Any updates on a tour?

cesar421

this whole speculation on if there will be a king of limbs part two is getting ridiculous.

http://thekingoflimbspart2.com/

8 albums in 8 seasons?...don't think it's gonna happen.

Starz

mr.sinister

What.the.fuck? Maybe new music? Who knows?

http://www.theuniversalsigh.com/

Starz

Didn't realise the CD was coming out this Monday. Will definitely buy