Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkmaggit

I like Radiohead, but not nearly as much as Deftones.
I loved 'The Bends' (it's still one of my favourites) and also 'Pablo Honey' so I guess I enjoy their old style more.
The last Radiohead album I listened to was 'Kid A' which I thought was good at first but got bored of eventually as it started to sound too much like just noises coming from a computer.
Since then I lost interest really but then the other day I heard 'Lotus Flower' on the radio and together with '15 step' they are the first Radiohead songs I've heard in a while which I really enjoyed and which have got me curious about the band again.
Which albums do you suggest I listen to first?

from_musings

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Sep 16, 2011, 06:11 AM

The last Radiohead album I listened to was 'Kid A' which I thought was good at first but got bored of eventually as it started to sound too much like just noises coming from a computer.

are you SURE it wasn't the other way around? that at first it was just computer noices to you, but after several listens you got into it and understood the record. that would make a whole lot a more sense. by reading this, it actually sounds like you never liked it!

from_musings

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Sep 16, 2011, 06:11 AM
Which albums do you suggest I listen to first?

try in rainbows, it's great and less blip blop.  stay away from kings of limbs if you hate electronics.

bright lights, big city

blip blop bleep bloop
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

from_musings

Quote from: E-Money on Sep 16, 2011, 03:22 AM
I still wish Staircase was on the album :(

me too.. i think it would be great as a closer. i like butcher a lot too, but in a way i can see why it got left out. it differs a little from the others, no natural spot for it

Crazylegs

i fucking loved daily mail. Never heard that one or staircase. Did they release studio versions of them?

bright lights, big city

from http://prettymuchamazing.com/news/radiohead-will-guest-on-special-1-hour-colbert-report

QuoteOn September 26, a week from today, Radiohead will guest and perform on a special 1-hour episode of Comedy Central's The Colbert Report. According to the Associated Press, the entire episode will be centered around the band.

At some point, Thom and the guys will hit the stage and perform 3 songs for television audiences, a fourth for the internet. Among the songs played will be "The Daily Mail", the beauty the band performed on their From The Basement broadcast, that did not make it onto The King of Limbs.

In a statement, Steven Colbert said "I look forward to meeting the Radioheads and leveraging their anti-corporate indie cred to raise brand awareness for my sponsors."
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Fireal1222

radiohead just owned saturday night live.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Inkblades

Lotus Flower was a little off to me, but holy shit, Staircase sounded amazing.

bright lights, big city

They fucking killed it. Hopefully someone finds the video online somewhere.
DERP

bright lights, big city

DERP

Paint Your Lips

Streamed it via Pitchfork earlier, everyone who enjoys Radiohead oughta download that Colbert Report show !

Thanks for the upload, btw !

Crazylegs

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Chinaski

I dont know radiohead. Were do I start? Give me a song.

"stay with the beer."

Sushi-X

Quote from: Chinaski on Sep 29, 2011, 05:20 AM

you've never even heard creep?

Rocket Skates '94

Inkblades

They have such a deep catalog of great songs so it's hard to just pick one. I'd start here:

My Iron Lung
Airbag
Just
Lucky
No Surprises
Fake Plastic Trees
Pyramid Song
Karma Police
Paranoid Android
Bodycatchers

Those are probably some of their more accessible songs. If you like what you hear, go listen to OK Computer. After that, check out The Bends and In Rainbows. After those, you'll be prepared for the musical insanity that is Kid A and all their other albums.

Chinaski

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 29, 2011, 08:37 PM

They have such a deep catalog of great songs so it's hard to just pick one. I'd start here:

My Iron Lung
Airbag
Just
Lucky
No Surprises
Fake Plastic Trees
Pyramid Song
Karma Police
Paranoid Android
Bodycatchers

Those are probably some of their more accessible songs. If you like what you hear, go listen to OK Computer. After that, check out The Bends and In Rainbows. After those, you'll be prepared for the musical insanity that is Kid A and all their other albums.

thanks man. I will dl that songs and albums.

"stay with the beer."

luisch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 28, 2011, 02:36 PM
Colbert Report Radiohead episode here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EOVMER70

man, can you re-upload this? thanks in advance
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

bright lights, big city

DERP