Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
get there albums in order, without getting pablo honey

the bends
ok computer
kid a
amnesiac
hail to the thief

youll be amazed by how much their sound changes from album to album
Why does know one like Pablo Honey, first album i started off on. Like there are a few weak songs i can understand but theres still some gems like Prove Yourself, I Cant, Blow Out, You, Anyone Can Play Guitar...

But i guess its just some peoples opinion.

yeah. 90% of all radiohead fans i know have NOT heard Pablo Honey.
im not saying every fan of radiohead should like it, but you should at least listen to it..

coco.city

i've heard pablo honey. that's the cd that got broken...i enjoyed it a lot. creep is a gorgeous song. we went to a sophie koh gig a while ago and she performed it. mazzy walked out. it was hilarious.

i bought kid a this morning for $9. i'm listening to it now as i probably will not have a chance to listen to it later on tonight.

Chrisbo

;D ;D ;D

The place I got them from sold out of them in less than an hour, so just as well I got up real early to get them. Woo, I'm chuffed now! :)

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Fireal1222

Quote from: manic_bastard on Mar 25, 2006, 05:56 AM
Quote from: Muempire on Mar 24, 2006, 11:17 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
get there albums in order, without getting pablo honey

the bends
ok computer
kid a
amnesiac
hail to the thief

youll be amazed by how much their sound changes from album to album
Why does know one like Pablo Honey, first album i started off on. Like there are a few weak songs i can understand but theres still some gems like Prove Yourself, I Cant, Blow Out, You, Anyone Can Play Guitar...

But i guess its just some peoples opinion.

yeah. 90% of all radiohead fans i know have NOT heard Pablo Honey.
im not saying every fan of radiohead should like it, but you should at least listen to it..

listen, im not saying that u shouldnt listen to pablo honey

but trust me

if your trying to convert somebody into a fan of radiohead, there is absolutely no need to mention pablo honey. feel me?

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Muempire

Quote from: Chrisbo on Mar 25, 2006, 12:39 PM

;D ;D ;D

The place I got them from sold out of them in less than an hour, so just as well I got up real early to get them. Woo, I'm chuffed now! :)

I will always be jealous of you casue 1. You got to see oceansize and now this :P DAMN you!

@Fireal: Yeah i can completely understand what you mean. Its an style of music Radiohead obviosuly tried to stray away from and yeah not one of there albums after The Bends has any influence from it what so ever so yeah kinda pointless to introduce a new fan to it.
aka. TeamTones

Chrisbo

Quote from: Muempire on Mar 25, 2006, 10:29 PM
Quote from: Chrisbo on Mar 25, 2006, 12:39 PM

;D ;D ;D

I will always be jealous of you casue 1. You got to see oceansize and now this :P DAMN you!

Haha, I was gonna say thank you, but it's not really a compliment cos you're jealous but ah while. Woo Radiohead!!!
Pablo Honey is a really really damn good album, nut in the overall pospectiveof Radoihead it si really unimportant! Which kind ofhshows you hopw greta they are, how such a good album, can be close to their leat favourite (for me).

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Oldnewtype

hahaahha you're wasted

Chrisbo

Yep, I was Back To The Primative!  8)

What I was trying to say is that Pablo Honey is a really really damn good album, but in the overall prospective of Radiohead it is quite unimportant! Which kind of shows you how great they are, how such a good album, can be close to their least favourite (for me).

I think I stand by my drunken word, maybe I should think about it and ammend it later.

Phatboy41

Does anyone know the tentative release date for their new album??????

Fireal1222

i really dont know, probably another 5 months. hail to the thief still seems new to me, so im not desperate like i am for new deftones and tool

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Chrisbo

Hmm, I'm not sure when it'll likely be out, most likely August or September or something, so yeah like Fireal says.

I heard somewhere that they were pretty stressed in the process of this record, Thom was agonising over the writing of some of the songs.

Phatboy41

Thanks.  Yeah, I read something about that as well.  He said that it has been a very stressful process getting the songs to ocme out, or something along those lines.

Oldnewtype

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 29, 2006, 05:03 AM
i really dont know, probably another 5 months. hail to the thief still seems new to me, so im not desperate like i am for new deftones and tool

even newer for me

Fireal1222

Quote from: Phatboy41 on Mar 29, 2006, 05:39 PM
Thanks.  Yeah, I read something about that as well.  He said that it has been a very stressful process getting the songs to ocme out, or something along those lines.

its only stressful because they are having a hard time having the songs come out the way they want them to sounds. its gonna be awesome. ITS FUCKING RADIOHEAD

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Chrisbo

Yeah you've got a point there haha!

Phatboy41

who else is getting shitfaced tonight?

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 30, 2006, 09:09 PM
its gonna be awesome. ITS FUCKING RADIOHEAD
A few days ago you were 50/50 on that either they were going to let you down or make a masterpiece, what changed, J?

Chrisbo

He had a moment of clarity  :)

Paint Your Lips

Think so too, man. :) I'm really excited about their new album. And i'm very positive about the outcome, even though i haven't heard shit.

Chrisbo

Yeah there's quite a few bands who're like that, bands that you just have a good feeling about, you know they're not gonna release tripe. Radiohead are one of them.