Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 01, 2006, 02:12 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 30, 2006, 09:09 PM
its gonna be awesome. ITS FUCKING RADIOHEAD
A few days ago you were 50/50 on that either they were going to let you down or make a masterpiece, what changed, J?

dave mathews put it perfectly even though i hate dave mathews

theres an interview where he talks about radiohead. and he says this at one part

"i always hear a radiohead album is gonna come out, and on my way to the record store i think, maybe this will be the record that sucks. but it never does"

honestly man, i think radiohead are the most unique band the earth has ever seen. they dont even make music, they make emotions

Phil deserves more props, hes an AMAZING DRUMMER

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

when the first song begins on the new album, and we hear it for the first time. i think its going to take u down a totally different direction than we expected.

oh plus, radioheads last album was about government and politics (even tho u wouldnt think it) but this album is probably gonna be more personal

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Oldnewtype

I'm on A Wolf at the Door and although it hasn't clicked like the others HTTH is really fucking good.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 02, 2006, 09:00 PM
when the first song begins on the new album, and we hear it for the first time. i think its going to take u down a totally different direction than we expected.

That's what I hope!

And the making emotions thing, I totally agree! :)

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Fireal1222

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Apr 02, 2006, 10:52 PM
I'm on A Wolf at the Door and although it hasn't clicked like the others HTTH is really fucking good.

its there best album. youll fall in love with it. trust me

where i end and you begin is the best song ever

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 03, 2006, 06:00 AMwhere i end and you begin is the best song ever

That is indeed my favourite song on that album, and one of my favourite Radiohead songs!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Paint Your Lips

Yeah, i agree, J. I'm really excited as hell. And my fave track of HTTT is prob. We suck you Blood. Even though WIEAYB is amazing as well.

law

I think Let Down is my favourite Radiohead song... (no crappy jokes please lol)

Oldnewtype

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 03, 2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah, i agree, J. I'm really excited as hell. And my fave track of HTTT is prob. We suck you Blood. Even though WIEAYB is amazing as well.
We Suck Young Blood has always been one of my favorite tracks on the album.

I'm actually going to bonnaroo this year. Which means i get to see Radiohead. fucking awesome.

Fireal1222

Quote from: law on Apr 03, 2006, 05:52 PM
I think Let Down is my favourite Radiohead song... (no crappy jokes please lol)

yes i love the last 2 minutes of let down

airbag is a pretty amazing song as well

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

Thom Yorke has compared writing for Radiohead's new album to that on 'OK Computer' - but has declared the lyrics will be even more terrifying!

The group are recording with new producer Mark 'Spike' Stent (who has worked with Keane, Madonna and Oasis in the past) and in a world exclusive interview, Yorke said that despite rumours that the follow-up to 'Hail To The Thief' will have a political feel, in fact the opposite is true.

He said: "It's about that anonymous fear thing, sitting in traffic, thinking, 'I'm sure I'm supposed to be doing something else'.
Interestingly enough it's similar to 'OK Computer' in a way. It's much more terrifying. But 'OK Computer' was terrifying too -some of the lyrics were."

Up to 16 tracks are being considered for the band's next album, with current favourites including 'Nude', '15 Step', 'Arpeggi' and 'House Of Cards'.

Next month fans will have the first chance to hear the songs on a European tour, which will visit Blackpool Empress Ballroom (May 12-13), Wolverhampton Civic Hall (15-16) and London Hammersmith Apollo (18-19) in the UK.

Writing on his diary at Radiohead.com, Yorke had previously said that the band are "finally getting somewhere", and are optimistic about getting the songs right for the tour.

"Listening back to things we are doing and looking through the lyrics today and stuff it feels like we are finally getting somewhere", he explained. "There are lots of songs. Too many to get together straight away. So we will be furiously rehearsing and writing as we go.

"I think we've always worked best when we aren't bothered about making mistakes. Theres a lot of baggage about the old way of doing things that is hard to get over... all the 'album' crap. Just this level of pressure that is ridiculous. We're just going to do what feels right at the time. Quite into the idea of singles at the moment (that don't get on the radio). No grand design... wherever we are at. Some of the random stuff we have at the moment could be the most exciting."

For the full world exclusive Radiohead interview check this week's NME on sale nationally from April 5.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ben

Sounds good, but there is no way I can listen to Radiohead until Fall again.  That's just the way it is.

Paint Your Lips

I hope the new album is not as dull as OK Computer. That's my only fear.

Sucks, Ben. I know a lot of people say that they can only hear them for so and so long at the time, but i don't feel the need to take a break. Atleast when it comes to Amnesiac and HTTT.

law

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 04, 2006, 01:27 PM
I hope the new album is not as dull as OK Computer. That's my only fear.

Sucks, Ben. I know a lot of people say that they can only hear them for so and so long at the time, but i don't feel the need to take a break. Atleast when it comes to Amnesiac and HTTT.

Jeez that's harsh!!! It's my fav Radiohead album to be honest. What are the main things you don't like?

Chrisbo

OK Computer is my favourite Radiohead album too. I just think there's a good balance between the two era's of Radiohead on it, it's the in-between record. But yeah, I love all the Radiohead albums, so I dont think I'll be too fussed with the style in which the new album comes under. Something new would be cool, but if they reverted would I be disappointed, no, as long as it retains the high quality of their previous output.

Paint Your Lips

@ law
It just bores me, nothing really happens. I'm just not feeling it. Too "la la"-ish.

You know?

law

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 04, 2006, 02:59 PM
@ law
It just bores me, nothing really happens. I'm just not feeling it. Too "la la"-ish.

You know?

I know what you mean, but I like the chilled out nature of it. Fair enough tho like everyone is entitled to their opinions :)

Fireal1222

i feel tuned out by most of the bends. some songs on the bends are superb. but i get bored by many and tend to skip them

ok computer is 10/10. your totally bonkers paint your lips.. that album has everything my ears could possibly ask for

ok here we go

the bends 8.5/10. i enjoy it, but not thoroughly

ok computer 10/10. so many memories i have with this album. every song is catchy and there are no boring moments

kid a 9.5\10. they sounded like a new band ever since they released this album. this album is like one long psychadelic drug.

amnesiac 9.5/10. its a total grower, many of the songs are very low quality, and seem to be muffled. but it adds to that drowned out and sad tone that the album possesses. i have alot of emotional attatchment to this album.

hail to the thief 9.0/10, this album is amazing. it has some of my favorite radiohead songs. but it has some songs than tend to get boring. man oh man is radiohead amazing.

i honestly think there next album could be there best. they brought some type of orchestral section to play a few songs. so they will probably bring back some trumpets and strings

im picturing this album painting vivid picture. but being very dark. the song title "burn the witch" has me DYING to hear this album

if u actually read all that ur awesome

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

law

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Apr 05, 2006, 02:09 AM
i feel tuned out by most of the bends. some songs on the bends are superb. but i get bored by many and tend to skip them

ok computer is 10/10. your totally bonkers paint your lips.. that album has everything my ears could possibly ask for

ok here we go

the bends 8.5/10. i enjoy it, but not thoroughly

ok computer 10/10. so many memories i have with this album. every song is catchy and there are no boring moments

kid a 9.5\10. they sounded like a new band ever since they released this album. this album is like one long psychadelic drug.

amnesiac 9.5/10. its a total grower, many of the songs are very low quality, and seem to be muffled. but it adds to that drowned out and sad tone that the album possesses. i have alot of emotional attatchment to this album.

hail to the thief 9.0/10, this album is amazing. it has some of my favorite radiohead songs. but it has some songs than tend to get boring. man oh man is radiohead amazing.

i honestly think there next album could be there best. they brought some type of orchestral section to play a few songs. so they will probably bring back some trumpets and strings

im picturing this album painting vivid picture. but being very dark. the song title "burn the witch" has me DYING to hear this album

if u actually read all that ur awesome

I read it all ;). Suprises me tho man, you say some stuff slightly bores you yet you give it 9/10 for example, can't be that bad then?!

Paint Your Lips

Not everyone enjoys the same, Jarad. OK Computer just doesn't do anything for me.