Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassin

Erm, I think it was when they realised how crap it is. Haha! :P

manic_bastard

Quote from: law on Feb 27, 2006, 12:21 AM
When was it that they refused to play Creep live?

i think it was after the OK Computer tour or something. cause i have that Radiohead "movie" Metting People Is Easy and it shows them playing Creep live and Thom was really not into it. at one point he let the audience sing the verses. its really cool.

for all you Radiohead fans, Metting People Is Easy is an awesome OK Computer Tour diary movie thing. it's a documentary of the tour and it shows a bunch of backstage footage and weirdness. it doesnt show a lot of concert footage and the movie's just really weird in it's own way

Fireal1222

creep is nothing more than the bands first hit single. it may be catchy, but its basically what i hate about music today. it relies on the chorus and the talent behind the song is nothing outstanding

radiohead are such an amazing band. its cool how they never seem to run out of fresh ideas. if amnesiac was the last album they recorded, i would have doubts of whether or not the bands new album will be really good. but iw as so impressed by hail to the thief, that im almost assured the new album is gonna be spectacular

i hope the album is sad (but one of those albums that are so sad that it almost cheers u up), and uses a wide range of instruments

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ruinfix

Radiohead are a cool band. The Bends is definately their better album. Was Thom almost screaming in Iron Lung? Or was that just distortion to his voice?

dusttones

are you the guy that use to run the sweat a river, live no lies site?

ruinfix

Yep, that's me. If you still want a copy of Far's 1991 demo just PM me and I can send you a ZIP of mp3s.

Malpractice

yo ruinfix i have the WAV files if you need them for sweat a river

glad to see you back btw

OneBloodyFist

I just read this entire thread (backwards) and realized that this is for sure the best forum that I am currently a part of. You guys rock.

I, too, go through huge stages of just Radiohead songs and nothing else. This past summer, I would take a walk almost every single evening with a huge mix of Radiohead on my mp3 player and some cigarettes. I'd imagine that I was the focus of a music video for some of the songs, kind of like that Verve song "Bitter Sweet Symphony", just a guy walking down the street. That's a really cool feeling, especially when you notice that your steps are on the beat of the song. Anyway, some of my favorites are:

"True Love Waits"
"No Surprises"
"Fake Plastic Trees"
"How To Disappear Completely"
"Paranoid Android"
"Let Down"
"Idioteque"
"Everything In It's Right Place"
"Just"

And so many more. Phew.

Corleone

Quote from: OneBloodyFist on Mar 03, 2006, 05:21 PM
I just read this entire thread (backwards) and realized that this is for sure the best forum that I am currently a part of. You guys rock.

I, too, go through huge stages of just Radiohead songs and nothing else. This past summer, I would take a walk almost every single evening with a huge mix of Radiohead on my mp3 player and some cigarettes. I'd imagine that I was the focus of a music video for some of the songs, kind of like that Verve song "Bitter Sweet Symphony", just a guy walking down the street. That's a really cool feeling, especially when you notice that your steps are on the beat of the song. Anyway, some of my favorites are:

"True Love Waits"
"No Surprises"
"Fake Plastic Trees"
"How To Disappear Completely"
"Paranoid Android"
"Let Down"
"Idioteque"
"Everything In It's Right Place"
"Just"

And so many more. Phew.

There better be more! Just kidding! :D Karma kick for you!

lifter

man my neighbors are fuckin cool. i heard them playing Optimstic earlier. props to them.

ben

For me, it's:

1.Ok Computer
2.Kid A
3.The Bends
4.Amnesiac
5.Hail to the Theif/Pablo Honey

lifter

me:
Kid A
OK Computer
Amnesiac
The Bends
Pablo Honey
Hail To The Thief

Fireal1222

for me

1. ok computer
2. hail to the thief
3. kid a|amnesiac|the bends
4. pablo honey

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

For me:
1. Hail to the Thief (!!!)
2. Amesiac
3. Kid A
4. OK Computer
5. The Bends

I can't believe some of you put HTTT last. Well, we all have different taste, and that's A-Okay.

comfortably_numb

is anyone else obsessed with optimistic, i love this part in the beginning...

lithium royalty

radiohead live > albums

Paint Your Lips

It's prob. that way with every band out there.

comfortably_numb

except with deftones bootlegs...

DeftonesATF27

Ill have to give Thom Yorke the Narly sign for producing such shiny, 70 degree weather music.

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: DeftonesATF27 on Mar 06, 2006, 11:11 AM
Ill have to give Thom Yorke the Narly sign for producing such shiny, 70 degree weather music.

You will never hear a radiohead fan say Radiohead in a californian accent, because they have no fans in california, only up around the mountains where the moose hump free. They makes cold winter cabin fever music.