Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Radiohead

Started by Fireal1222, Feb 20, 2006, 10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

A lot of the songs, besides True Love Waits, aren't that old. They've just been been played for the past few years. And check when they toured in 2006 - they played the majority of the songs on In Rainbows before it came out. Nothing new for them.

Anyway, this album is going to take some digesting but holy fuck, a lot of the soundscaping is pretty incredible. It's all so dreamy, delicate and orchestral.

Cullision

Looking forward to delving into this, I hope it does more for me than Gore.

Crazylegs

It doesn't necessarily grab me after the first listen, but i'm listening to it while at work. Not optimal conditions for enjoying music, i guess. I'm pretty sure I'll be in love with it soon enough, though.

bright lights, big city

the 2 biggest keywords for them always seem to be "gorgeous" and "haunting". as usual, both those words describe this album.

also: DECKS DARK! that choir. the bass. Phil's drumming. oh my god.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

77years

Yeah. The drum SOUND on Decks Dark.

That's how you engineer a drum sound right.

Good driving music on Ful Stop. Perfect for the morning drive

E-Money

Yea Decks Dark is so great. Idk why but I feel like that song has an old school feel to it. I think it's Thoms vocals .. Anyone else getting that? Cant wait to see them in August.

Cullision

Decks Dark is so damn great, it's been stuck in my head from the first listen.

only pieces remain

another new radiohead album, and it is fucking great

no surprise(s) there

Crazylegs

3:50 of Tinker Tailor Soldier... is reminiscent of a part of one of the godspeed albums, can't remember which.

blixa

i cried three different times listening to this record.

jonny greenwood is the realy star in this band, but can i say how superbly thom is ageing. wow.

Inkblades

After further listening, I really like A Moon Shaped Pool, but I'm also sort of wishing it wasn't so aggressively gentle. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy slow ballad type stuff, but outside of Burn the Witch and the end of Ful Stop, there are hardly any bangers (excuse me for the played term) on this album. Even The King of Limbs had more tracks that cook than this.

I'm also finding Thom to be almost too restrained. He's coming up with a lot of gorgeous melodies, but I still miss the "Thom spazzes out" moments of songs like Paranoid Android ("Gucci little piggy!"), Idioteque ("This is really happening!"), 2+2=5 ("You have not been paying attention!") and even Nude ("You'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking").

Vesanic

Quote from: Inkblades on May 06, 2016, 09:57 PM
Whoa. Daydreaming is on some Kid A shit. Achingly beautiful.

Oh shut up, I still haven't heard it!

Inkblades

Vesanic

*coughs* I wish *coughs*

Rally Sweat

I kinda love the restraint after the last two albums were so...vibrant. Also glad the soundtrack work has bled into their songs - really suits the visual quality of their music. Been listening to it nonstop.

krook

Anyone seen this? http://thenumbers.rocks
Somebody should do the same thing for Deftones. Way better than all those eliminations.
I hate White Pony.

surgery

Radiohead's Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood have formed a new project called the Smile.

from_musings

Quote from: surgery on Sep 04, 2023, 12:45 AM
Radiohead's Thom Yorke and Jonny Greenwood have formed a new project called the Smile.
Yes, this is true, together with third member tom skinner. But it happened in 2020, during covid, pretty old news i must say.

Inexhale

I love it, I'm in