Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Korn

Started by Moz La Punk, Feb 22, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoda on mars

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Apr 12, 2006, 05:47 AM
every korn album sucks except issues.

that;s what I've said before and what I repeat.

Azwethinkweiz

yoda on mars

Quote from: lithium royalty on Apr 29, 2006, 05:31 AM
haha my posts are teh awesome!
anyways any of you korn fans with aol
http://music.aol.com/videos/sessions/sessions_flash.adp?defaultCovers=565&defaultID=565&ncid=AOLMUS00050000000023

thats right, korn doing sessions.

I must admit I like it very much. It sounds different, better I mean.
But where the hell is David? Did he also left the band...?

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: yoda on mars on Apr 29, 2006, 12:55 PM
http://music.aol.com/videos/sessions/sessions_flash.adp?defaultCovers=565&defaultID=565&ncid=AOLMUS00050000000023

i think he's on the drums to the right with the pig mask.

yoda on mars

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 29, 2006, 01:03 PM
Quote from: yoda on mars on Apr 29, 2006, 12:55 PM

i think he's on the drums to the right with the pig mask.

he doesn't look like David...

whatever... :)

lithium royalty

david isnt there.. the people in the masks are all session players...

and he didnt leave the band either, he's just not there,.. hes probably out doing some calvin klein model shoots.

deftonekid

Quote from: lithium royalty on May 01, 2006, 06:04 PM
and he didnt leave the band either, he's just not there,.. hes probably out doing some calvin klein model shoots.

LOL

yoda on mars

Quote from: deftonekid on May 01, 2006, 06:15 PM
Quote from: lithium royalty on May 01, 2006, 06:04 PM

LOL

Far away

lithium royalty

DeftonesATF27

greencard

I remember reading a lot about Korn in various magazines before I even heard any of their music. Around late '95.

(long story short I moved, had no MTV, didn't listen to the radio much, didn't know anyone really where I moved to that had a  CD I could borrow, and was actually too broke at the time to even buy their 1st CD!  :o)

The 1st song I actually heard by them was "No place to hide"  on the radio when "Peachy" came out. To tell you the truth after reading about them for so long I expected more and wasn't too impressed.

It wasn't till like '97 I heard the first two albums all the way thru. The 1st one sounded repititious and "Peachy" I thought was OK.

Personally I think the were the end result of all the bands that were popular/came right right before them- a mix of Alternative, Funk/Rap-Metal, etc.

And really I think a big part of their success was also their image. The hair, shoes, baggy/Hip-Hop clothes, etc. I mean who didn't start wearing Adidias the Puma because of Korn after they got big? (actually I never did- Chucks and Cons for me)

I will say tho that guitar wise they did something kinda new by using downtuned 7 string guitars and lot's of effects for strange noises (tho that still reminded me of the Tom Morello influence). And Fieldys bass was pretty distinctive.

But lyrically I was over all the "oh poor me, my bad childhood" crap by the time they came out and Jon Davis voice, I thought was  OK.

Another thing that pissed me off I remember seeing an interview with Davis (late 90's) where he said Korn invented something, but  he was refering more to rap meets rock which was already being done.
And also Davis tried to say that Ross Robinson (album producer) produced Korn for the 1st time when in fact The 1st band Ross produced was Fear Factory.

Listening to those Robinson produced F.F.  tracks it sounds like Korn heard those F.F. tracks and took cue from F.F. as well.

And I still maintain Fear Factory is a more innovative and influential band than Korn.

DeftonesATF27

there was a time when i liked the first 3 alot, but those days are gone, i even remember buying issues on the day it came out, like November 16th or some, i walked all the way 2 the mall 4 it and bought it and grabbed a slice of bobs pizza on the way out. then walked home and realized they suck.

lithium royalty

why korn got labeled rap rock i dont know, jon has never flowed on any song.

if anything is repetitive, its life is peachy, the self titled release was ground breaking.

and issues is their best work to date.

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: lithium royalty on May 02, 2006, 04:47 AM
why korn got labeled rap rock i dont know, jon has never flowed on any song.

if anything is repetitive, its life is peachy, the self titled release was ground breaking.

and issues is their best work to date.

Thats true about Jon not flowing, i thought the same of the tones, besides you know a few tracks from linus, adrenaline, and naw not ATF, he was just really aggro on that.

And life is peachy man, thats gotta be a tie with Self Titled, i like it more actually, its got more passion. either way he breaks down like a baby at the end of both records. so fuck em. and fuck issues, that was the end of KoRn.

greencard

Quote from: lithium royalty on May 02, 2006, 04:47 AM
why korn got labeled rap rock i dont know,

Plain and simple it was their image.

Deftonesaddict

for korn aol sessions in mp3 go to kornuneashed.net in the news sections, its there

lithium royalty

good lookin out fiend.

deftonekid

Quote from: DeftonesATF27 on May 02, 2006, 04:52 AM
issues, that was the end of KoRn.

agreed. i like a lot their 3 first albums.

Far away