Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Korn

Started by Moz La Punk, Feb 23, 2006, 12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

Quote from: monk on Feb 26, 2006, 10:24 PM
am i the only one who hasn't heard a complete korn album? let alone own one?

and i think it's funny how metallica is mentioned when discussing korn. seems like the suck ass vortex is strong.

Haha, ouch.

defskull

I was listening to self-titled earlier.  I forgot how good that is.  For head bangin' metal that's a good cd to listen to.

Vlad Drac

Quote from: defskull on Mar 01, 2006, 06:53 AM
I was listening to self-titled earlier.  I forgot how good that is.  For head bangin' metal that's a good cd to listen to.

Yeah dude its just like wakin up in the mornin with a stiffie and not having a bitch to put it into, you just gotta fuck shit up, and thats what that record is all about.

Jizzlobber

a lot of people tell me the new album is great, but i doubt it. i guess you have to get into it, which would be hard coz i never listen to korn anymore.
<

Moz La Punk

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Mar 01, 2006, 11:24 AM
a lot of people tell me the new album is great, but i doubt it. i guess you have to get into it, which would be hard coz i never listen to korn anymore.

It's great in comparison to the shitty three albums they made before it, but it's still a five, maybe a low six.

lithium royalty

issues was great moz.

worship

i agree! issues is a good record!
but....
korn will never gain that sickness and brutality like they had on first 4 records!
it's just gone! as far as experimenting with metal music goes, new album is good, but like someone here said it's not interesting!
but you got to give them propps for what they did in nu-metal and metal music in general!they were pioneers,and thats the fact!!many bands were influenced by korn, no doubt!
and i don't think that life is peachy is bad! it has that dark wibe on it,and i think that darkness was thing that gave them the freshness, and all!

BigDave

dawg

I'm watching "who then now" right now
it kinda makes me sad to see what they have become now
those "kids" making sick music...and now those fags making shity music
just sad...and whos fault is it? ROSS FUCKING ROBINSON!!! :D

worship

BigDave

Quote from: worship on Mar 01, 2006, 09:44 PM
korn will never gain that sickness and brutality like they had on first 4 records!

they were never brutal

TheScumfiend

Quote from: worship on Mar 01, 2006, 09:44 PM
you got to give them propps for what they did in nu-metal and metal music in general

A) I fatly agree with dave, they were never brutal, Brutal = has a really harsh edge to it + fast, which korn were blatently neither
B)Of course they did good stuff for Nu-Metal seeing as they pretty much invented the genre.
C)Point B is a bad thing as it released a torrent of crap upon the world
D)The only good thing they did for Metal in general is show it what not to do.

tis all I have to say
My weekly Chart:

ToneDef

I'd call Life Is Peachy, or at least some of it pretty fucking brutal. It all depends on your interpretation of the term, but for me that record really packs a punch.

dawg

brutal is the wrong word...they have sick lyrics ... like "kill you" and "daddy" those 2 songs are really sick...but I would never say brutal

TheScumfiend

Quote from: dawg on Mar 02, 2006, 08:24 PM
brutal is the wrong word...they have sick lyrics ... like "kill you" and "daddy" those 2 songs are really sick...but I would never say brutal

thats mine and big daves point exactly
My weekly Chart:

worship

"Brutal = has a really harsh edge to it + fast, which korn were blatently neither"
think again!! well,it's my opinion! whatever!

my english is bad,so when i say brutal i mean-lyrics were brutal!
and brutal was the way they played their guitars at the time,real low!

TheScumfiend

Quote from: worship on Mar 02, 2006, 09:17 PM
"Brutal = has a really harsh edge to it + fast, which korn were blatently neither"
think again!! well,it's my opinion! whatever!

my english is bad,so when i say brutal i mean-lyrics were brutal!
and brutal was the way they played their guitars at the time,real low!

well brutal murders are particuarly harsh/severe murders where everything has been done to the extreme.  Down-tuning your guitars dosen't make you brutal, having twisted lyrics dose not make you brutal.  Brutal is like playing your guitar in a frenzy of emotions as if you were slicing someone to shreds with a butter knife.  Brutal is raw.  None of which describes the singing style, drumming or guitar work of korn.  Korns guitar just sounds kinda bouncy and slightly tribal, the drums is just not brutal it has no edge that beats you into a frenzy, it doesn't cut right into you, the vocals are calm and controlled no anger no intense rage of emotion comes out, no screaming howl like a rabid beast trying to escape from you.   Brutal is death-metal or grindcore, brutal is the reason korn fans won't generally listen to decent metal.

and the lyrics aren't brutal "I did my time" that does not sound brutal to me.  if they were brutal they would be like carcass's descriptions of cutting people apart.
My weekly Chart:

indychino

KoRn and brutal should never exist in the same sentance.

They where an original band...but sonically, they where never brutal.

ToneDef

As I said, It would depend on your personal interpretation of the word. I'd consider elements of their early sound somewhat brutal. Others obviously may not, but who gives a fuck?

indychino

Ahhh Head cares.
He's been talking ro God quite a lot recently and God said that he would only let them in if Jon Dvis didn't look like a fat Benny Hill and only if they could be described as a brutal band.

Head was like "fuck!"