Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Pearl Jam

Started by skinnypuppy, Mar 10, 2006, 07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

First single - "The Fixer".
http://www.sendspace.com/file/axfrvp

Not that great. Typical "single" sound. Still very much looking forward to this album. PJ never disappoints.

Jacob

well, actually I've been disappointed by almost every one of their latest albums at first listen, but then I always end up loving them :P

so I guess I just always have to warm up to them in a way.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Gherde

Cover and track list

1. Gonna See My Friend
2. Got Some
3. The Fixer
4. Johnny Guitar
5. Just Breathe
6. Amongst The Waves
7. Unthought Known
8. Supersonic
9. Speed Of Sound
10. Force Of Nature
11. The End

theis

Trippy! I like it a lot.

Jacob

hehe, that's cool!

Mascara Snake

First two released songs I didnt really like but 'speed of sound' is fuckin cool!

Was hoping to be in Manchester for the gig but aint got the ££ at the mo!!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

theis

Ohh, could you hook us up with Speed of Sound?

Mascara Snake

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Aug 01, 2009, 10:46 AM
Ohh, could you hook us up with Speed of Sound?

Im waiting on the album so ive only heard it on youtube and apparently its only a demo version, still good though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW3fDhdT6G8

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

theis

[youtube=425,350]8OBjS_18x8o[/youtube]

Fuck yeah. Can't wait for this album.

theis

So, what's the word on Backspacer? Anyone heard it yet?

Jacob

listened a bit to it this morning. haven't had time to listen to all of it yet. but so far, so good. you will not be disappointed.

theis

Sweet! 1 more week.

I'm a little worried about the short length of the album, though. Is that something that's noticeable?

Jacob

well, all I can say is that it's a pretty straight-forward album. parts are kinda inspired by Eddie's solo work for Into The Wild. the rest is probably some of the most pure rock music they've created so far.

mr.sinister

Its more of "pop" oriented album, so I think we can blame the short album length on that. It shouldn't be bad though, Pearl Jam always deliver good music.

theis

I've heard nothing but positive reviews so far. Excited to hear it.

mr.sinister

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Sep 13, 2009, 05:48 PM
I've heard nothing but positive reviews so far. Excited to hear it.
Same here.

theis

Got Backspacer and I'm on my 3rd listen. Brilliant album. Short, precise and full of energy.

"Just Breathe" is one of the most beautiful PJ songs I've ever heard.

Jacob

cool, glad you like it.

I haven't had that much time to listen to it - once I started I immediately went back to Lost Dogs and the self-titled, which I've really fallen in love with lately. but so far I really like Backspacer. it's probably their most straight forward and energetic album since VS.

E-Money

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 21, 2009, 08:21 PM
cool, glad you like it.

I haven't had that much time to listen to it - once I started I immediately went back to Lost Dogs and the self-titled, which I've really fallen in love with lately. but so far I really like Backspacer. it's probably their most straight forward and energetic album since VS.

that exactly how I feel too.  well put

theis