Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Pearl Jam

Started by skinnypuppy, Mar 10, 2006, 07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azwethinkweiz

1. vs/ten (these two albums are equally awesome)
2. yield
3. no code
4. vitalogy
5. pearl jam
6. riot act
7. lost dogs
8. binaural

Mascara Snake

Saw them in Dublin on the 23rd of August, easily the best concert ive been to!! Fuckin Awesome!

Me and my Bro!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

Azwethinkweiz

wow man, that's awesome.

i cant pretend im not jealous. damn, i'd do anything to experience pearl jam live.!

Mascara Snake

We could only get seating tickets but we just stormed past security and made our way to the front, cause its fucking Pearl Jam!!

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

KingCrimson

thats what i did at the chili peppers. so worth it.
never seen pearl jam.. would like to tho. not the hugest fan, but itd be good to say ive seen them live.

mascara snake should never change his sig.

Mascara Snake

didnt know you were a Trees fan?

Maximum Bob

Pearl Jam = Batty boys.

KingCrimson

Quote from: Mascara Snake on Sep 08, 2006, 01:40 PM
didnt know you were a Trees fan?

im not really, listened to it a few times. but i am a fan of Mark Lanegan.

Jacob

I've seen them live twice, with 2 days between the shows. first show was friggin amazing. the other show was the one at Roskilde where people got crushed to death. not nearly as amazing.

I really want to see them again and I'm not even worried they'll only play new stuff. Pearl Jam is one of those bands that never forget their old stuff and play equally much from all eras.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Azwethinkweiz

Probably the best live version i've seen of Alive yet. Everyone just goes fucking mental in the end. awesome!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VbhsYC4gKy4

Mascara Snake

Yeah thats the pinkpop 92 show, fucking awsome i used to have it on dvd and some dick lost it! Watch porch from that show, eddie climbs on a camera mast and dives in the crowd from pretty high up!

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Mascara Snake on Sep 12, 2006, 09:58 AM
Watch porch from that show, eddie climbs on a camera mast and dives in the crowd from pretty high up!

fucking awesome.

Mascara Snake

I would have loved to see them back in the day when they had so much energy, but i suppose you get a longer show now a days!

Azwethinkweiz

holy shitstain !

pearl jam is playing in denmark this june !!!

this is unbelievable. wow, i'm so fucking psyched now.

Mascara Snake

no ireland dates, kinda dissapointed! good luck gettin tickets man!

theis

anyone heard Eddie Vedder's solo album for the movie Into the Wild?

It's great...just too short.

theis

since i'm on a pearl jam frenzy these days, i felt like rating the albums of this amazing band:

the 5 masterpieces-

ten (1991) one of the greatest debut albums ever and a classic in rock history - 10/10
vs. (1993) equally as great as ten, if not better. some of my favorite songs on this album. flawless. 10/10
vitalogy (1994) dark, dark, dark...did i mention this album is dark? another masterpiece. 9/10
no code (1996) one of the most underrated albums of the 90's. their most experimental work. 9/10
yield (1998) their last masterpiece. my favorite pj album. incredible. 11/10

binaural (2000) very spacey pj album. a little incoherent...their weakest yet 6/10
riot act (2002) better than mentioned above. great rock album 7/10.
s/t (2006) the long awaited 8th pj album. a strong return. angry, dark and heavy. 8/10

lost dogs (2003) a compilation of unreleashed b-sides. not an official album, but still awesome. 9/10.

:D

Jacob

for me they kinda go down in rating from the first to the last album. maybe one or two albums in between would get the same score, but generally that's how I see them.

the only PJ album I haven't really fallen in love with is their latest though. it's just not the same anymore.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

White Wrist

Pearl Jam are great. I saw them twice in a year...last time was in June. Fucking brilliant. Eddie is great! He speaks portuguese with the crowd, smokes, he is drinking wine, he is jumping...etc

Positive energy. Everyone leaves the place with a big big smile! It´s great!

White Wrist

btw...i love the last album. Not their best, but it´s better than some previous stuff. Oh...Pearl Jam...always classics!