Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Horror

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 16, 2006, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisbo

Man I'm up for some slashing and gutting and nakedness right now!!!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Jerry_Curls

You guys should watch Acacia. Not really horror, more thriller/suspense but it's really good. Very beautiful and dark at the same time.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Azwethinkweiz

So i watched Suspiria today. It was actually pretty damn creepy.

Better than I thought, a little cheesy sometimes but overall a solid 70's horror movie.

The soundtrack was awesome.

BlitzkidMC

I like the saw movies, house of 1,000 corpses, devils rejects, dawn of the dead, return of the livind dead...movies like that

DeftonesATF27

My favorite whore movies are probably snoop doggs hustler vid's preferabbly the ones with Obsession in them, some teagan presley, jenna have, and taylor rain vids are good whore movies 2.

KingCrimson

i used to get stoned and watch old horrors from the 70's and 80's, back when i was 13ish.
now, im more into movies that make me think.

Mei

Alright, so Theis my partner in horror... what's a good one to check out? I'm going to rent in a little bit...
I Keep You Jealously To Myself

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: alimei on Jun 30, 2006, 09:33 AM
Alright, so Theis my partner in horror... what's a good one to check out? I'm going to rent in a little bit...

Hmm, if you havent seen it then check out:

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

Azwethinkweiz

Okay, i need some horror movie recommendations since halloween is right around the corner.

anyone?

oldgentlovecraft

What kind of horror do you want?

Azwethinkweiz

anything, man. slasher, japanese, psychological, explotation, splatter, gore, sleaze...you name it.

oldgentlovecraft

Marebito, Carnival of Souls (original), Dagon, Dementia 13, The Beyond...let me know what you've seen and I'll suggest some more

Azwethinkweiz

the beyond is pretty cool (i'm not a big fulci fan though)
dagon was pretty bad, imo.

i've heard of carnival of souls, but never seen it. i'll check that out.

never heard of marebito or dementia 13.

btw, have you seen the sci-fi horror movie 'event horizon' ? i've heard good things about it. (starring sam neil and laurence fishburn)

oldgentlovecraft

Of course!  You haven't seen it yet?  Definitely worth not only a viewing but adding to your collection.  How about The Legend of Boggy Creek (really B drive-in movie), Uzumaki, Ravenous, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, or maybe The Sentinel (not the babysitter movie but the one about the man that sits in the window).  I'll keep tossing 'til you say stop.  I'm trying to think of a good variety for you.

Azwethinkweiz

haha cool man. i'll check them out (and im adding event horizon to my collection tomorrow).

i'm also thinking about buying '2001 maniacs' (robert englund). it looks pretty cool.

oldgentlovecraft

It's a remake of Two Thousand Maniacs, but I haven't seen either.  That's the only problem with watching all horror all the time, there's so damn much of it I can't keep up!  That's also on my list.  I met a few of the actresses at the convention but they were as of then 'no names'.  Definitely like Robert Englund though.  Seen The Mangler?

Azwethinkweiz

i just ordered this:

8)

oldgentlovecraft

Definitely cool.

Jerry_Curls

Marebito is very weird. Not really horror. Weird as fuck. I kinda liked it.

The Grudge 2 was very good. I liked the first one, but this one doesn't seem to have one star [Sarah Michelle Gellar] and goes more into the story.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Azwethinkweiz

i thought the first one was pretty tame and not scary.

is this one more scary ?