Horror

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 16, 2006, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

goldpony

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Nov 05, 2008, 04:10 PM
hmm.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434020/

interesting. i was looking at the comments and a few thoughts: it said something abot raimi looking for a director, so he won't be at the helm for this one? a new ash...never. evil dead the musical ftw!
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jizzlobber

i noticed Raimi and co are looking for a new director..im glad coz i dont like the idea of him making an Evil dead movie..i think he'll make it too commercially friendly
<

theis

New french horror movie.

A young woman's quest for revenge against the people who kidnapped and tormented her as a child leads her and a friend, who is also a victim of child abuse, on a terrifying journey into a living hell of depravity

I wanna see this soooo fucking bad. judging from the reviews, it's one sick and disturbing flick. people are calling it this years Inside...only more fucked up. dayum. The french are some crazy mofos.

Some outtakes from some reviews:

"
Martyrs' truly is a monster. It's a ground breaking, brave, stunning, brutal & moving piece of work that is guaranteed to divide audiences everywhere it gets the chance to play. Even at a genre event like Frightfest the audience reaction ranged from 'loved it' to 'hated it' to people actually going outside of the cinema to be physically sick (really). For me it was the highlight of the festival and i absolutely loved it but I don't believe it's a movie that anybody will truly 'enjoy'.
"

"The last thirty minutes of the film held the audience in almost complete silence. The lack of any crowd reaction, aside from the revelation of what happened to Anna in her final stage, was due to the harrowing endurance test they and Anna (played by Morjana Alaoui) went through. The film turned from a highly engaging gore flick into a sad and rather depressing reflection of human suffering."

"It took an entire 24 hours for the movie to sink in and really left a dent in this reviewer's psyche. After it was all said and done MARTYRS is really quite an exquisite experience - it's so incredibly rare when a horror film is so engaging that it can feel as if you're right there with the protagonist. The only negative thing about Laugier's film is that once you see it, you'll never be able to see it for the first time ever again..."

Unrated trailer:

http://mftm.blogspot.com/2008/06/martyrs-2008-trailer.html

it hits DVD January 2009!

bright lights, big city

looks really cool!!
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

you've seen Inside, man? it's another Frech horror. it's i-n-s-a-n-e!

probably the most fucked up flick i've ever seen and also one of the best horrors i've seen in a long time.

it's in the same vein as Haute Tension (High Tension). eg. stranger invading house. check it out if you haven't.

ps: dont rent it. blockbuster's only got the CUT version.

devlin

i didn't like high tension. i thought the whole big twist at the end has been done so many times, and better, by that time.

theis

i don't usually like twists like that, but it really worked in High Tension. I think...

Certainly made my jaw drop.

anyways, i can't recommend Inside enough. especially if you're a horror fan.

bright lights, big city

yeah my friend bought High Tension...I loved it till that twist, but it was still overall a good movie.

and on your recommendation, I found and bought Inside. and holy shit, I was floored. I really enjoyed that one.
DERP

theis

haha awesome!

devlin

i looked up inside and it definitly looks great. i'll put it on my x-mas list :)

devlin

i watched mirror(s?) last night. not to bad. the special effects weren't the best and the plot wasn't the most original but it kept it interested and amy smart's bare ass helped alot.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: devlin on Dec 06, 2008, 11:55 AM
amy smart's bare ass helped alot.
that would make anything worthwhile
DERP

Muzic Junkie

I've seen a couple of horror movies lately

A house of a 1000 corpses - I liked this. its was very sadistic,but the effects were good and it was actually realistic in my perspective. the old fables and making them come true

Some Zombie thing ( land of the living dead?) - I  watched half of it then jsut stopped so boring. I guess i liek the more humn murderer things more

Psycho 1 (colour) /2 - I liek psycho 2 the only serious role . ive seen vince vaugn in . I'm pretty sure the original wouldve ben better and no frickin clue why they didn't have it. Pyscho 2 was Shiiiiiit. It didn't make any sense. He ocmes back and hes not a murderer his mother is and then his GF gets done for murdering them and her mother. and then he kills his RL mother its Shiiit

NEVER EVER WATCH IT! OR LAND OF THE LIVING DEAD!

bright lights, big city

The Last Winter starring Ron Perlman. I liked in a weird way that I didn't really get it upon the first viewing. it's a different type of horror, I'll say that; i gotta see it again
DERP

blankpagespeaks

Rob Zombie has recently confirmed that he will be making Halloween Two.

Thoughts?

I enjoyed his revisioning the first time around, and I'm interested in seeing how he follows it up.

bright lights, big city

i liked the original Halloween. I like Rob Zombie movies. i liked his remake of Halloween.

But do we really need a sequel to a remake?
DERP

blankpagespeaks

The original Halloween is my all-time favorite horror film.

I'm kinda surprised that Zombie is making a sequel to his revision; I have my doubts about it, but then again, I also had them when I first found out he was doing the first one, and I enjoyed it.

I just wonder if he'll base it on the original sequel, with us following Laurie to the hospital.  I liked how the original two films were set on the same night like that.  It made it all flow as one story, a story which to me ends after Halloween 2. 

theis

trailer for 'the last house on the left' remake.

damn, this looks great http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/thelasthouseontheleft/

one of the few horror movies that really needed a remake. i absolutely loathe the original.