Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Horror

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 16, 2006, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

woah dude, you haven't seen it?

and yeah, even though Caruso's the least enjoyable in the movie, he still does a pretty good job.

bright lights, big city

yeah thanks a lot man, now i gotta check out yet another movie.  :D
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Heading to Chicago for the Fangoria Weekend of Horrors tomorrow.  I'm fucking pumped!  I'll post some pics.

http://www.creationent.com/cal/fangocon/index.asp

Click on the Chicago link.

bebo

you lucky bastard

bright lights, big city

nice man i wish i was going
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

oldgentlovecraft

So far we've just been getting a feel for things.  First day and all.  Sat next to Caroline Williams (Stretch from TCM 2) and bullshitted for a bit; it was nice.  Tom Savini put on a weird mask that made him look like a big black guy and snuck up on people to scare the shit out of them. Funny as Hell.  Here's a random pic of Herschell Gordon Lewis and Lloyd Kaufman hugging lol.  I'll update again.

theis

oldgentlovecraft

Got this tattooed on my arm in the convention.  Everyone was watching, it was cool.  Popped my tat cherry at the horror con!  Boosh!

Also, here's John Russo and George Kosana.

bright lights, big city

DERP

theis

what's the story behind the tat?

devlin

it looks like cthulu

oldgentlovecraft

It is Cthulhu, a skull of.  It's usually a symbol for the HPL HIstorical Society.  I'm doing all Lovecraft themed tats so I thought it was a good start.  I'll be heading out shortly so when I get back I'll share with everyone.

theis

that's awesome, man. pics pics pics!!!

bebo

Romero is gonna be there, right?

devlin

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Mar 08, 2009, 12:58 PM
It is Cthulhu, a skull of.  It's usually a symbol for the HPL HIstorical Society.  I'm doing all Lovecraft themed tats so I thought it was a good start.  I'll be heading out shortly so when I get back I'll share with everyone.

sweet man. you should get a cthulu vs. dagon epic battle, huge on your back. i totally plan on getting a cthulu tattoo. my next tattoo is going to be "the creature from the black lagoon" then cthulu.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bebo on Mar 08, 2009, 06:28 PM
Romero is gonna be there, right?

He was but slipped in and out without many people knowing it.  Supposedly he did a panel on Sunday, after we left.

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Mar 08, 2009, 01:11 PM
that's awesome, man. pics pics pics!!!

Here's the few that I got.  I feel odd trying to constantly snap shots of everyone.  It's as though we are all fans and these were the ones that were talented or lucky enough to contribute to the genre.   It's for that same reason that I don't yell out anyone's name as they pass when friends don't notice them.

Tom Towles from Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (Otis)

Ruggero Deodato, the director of the infamous Cannibal Holocaust

And my tattoo.  It's still got a bit of the ink around it (was taken Saturday) and I haven't taken a new pic yet.

My prized item from the convention is this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Eaten-Alive-Italian-Cannibal-Zombie/dp/085965379X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236706803&sr=1-1

signed by Ruggero Deodato, Lamberto Bava, and Sergio Stivaletti.  Met all three and and got their Herbie Hancocks.  Was awesome.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: devlin on Mar 10, 2009, 11:56 AM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Mar 08, 2009, 12:58 PM

sweet man. you should get a cthulu vs. dagon epic battle, huge on your back. i totally plan on getting a cthulu tattoo. my next tattoo is going to be "the creature from the black lagoon" then cthulu.

That is awesome!  There is so much art out there for the Mythos that I am just going to start picking my favorites and piecing everything together.  I'm only doing black ink though.  Sharper.

theis

Fucking awesome. Ahh, I'd love to go to a horror convention.

oldgentlovecraft

It's so relaxed and fun.