Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Horror

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 16, 2006, 11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

yeah man one of the highlights of my life was at a horror convention when i got Bruce to sign my Bubba Ho-tep dvd.

not sure if i could come across as any more of dork in that sentence.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

bright lights, big city

Get. The Fuck. Out. I was just telling my buddy TODAY that i couldn't wait to see it. how the hell did you see it though? i thought the dvd release was delayed till april or something.

On a side note, I saw Let The Right One In. it was fantastic!
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I found a DVD quality download...  :-\

I'll definitely be buying it though. I need to see it again. It's not your average horror flick. I've never seen anything like it.  :o

Sick stuff.

Check out Inside too, if you haven't already. That's another french horror movie.

I still haven't seen Let the Right One In. Can't wait to watch it.

bright lights, big city

yeah i bought Inside awhile back and really enjoyed that. the french really know how to make a good flick.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 10, 2009, 11:49 PM
yeah man one of the highlights of my life was at a horror convention when i got Bruce to sign my Bubba Ho-tep dvd.

not sure if i could come across as any more of dork in that sentence.

Lol I understand completely.

bright lights, big city

movie's got such a metal name, looks worth keeping an eye on.

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0oHJEq7ahs
DERP

tarkil

looks interesting yes....   :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theis

Hadn't watched this in some years, so I watched it last night.

Still one of the best remakes. The first attack sequence in the trailer is just relentless and brutal.

devlin

thats a great fucking movie. is the second one any good?

theis

Noooo! It's absolutely horrible. Not the same director either. Seriously, don't waste your time...it's garbage.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Mar 24, 2009, 02:18 PM
Noooo! It's absolutely horrible. Not the same director either. Seriously, don't waste your time...it's garbage.

Lol of course, I liked it.  Less atmosphere or buildup though, and much more brutal and violent.

bright lights, big city

haha i'm going with theis on this one, even though you guys know my usual stance on remakes.

that first one did have some pretty awesome moments.
DERP

bright lights, big city

speakin' of horror remakes, anyone see Last House on the Left? it's been recommended to me, but i don't know....
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 24, 2009, 03:30 PM
haha i'm going with theis on this one, even though you guys know my usual stance on remakes.

that first one did have some pretty awesome moments.

Actually, almost always go with Theis lol.  I'm extremely biased when it comes to horror.

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 24, 2009, 03:32 PM
speakin' of horror remakes, anyone see Last House on the Left? it's been recommended to me, but i don't know....

No, but want to see it!

theis

I can't wait to see The Last House on the Left. Looks great.

bright lights, big city

alright if both of you are anticipating it, i guess i gotta see it.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

That's the spirit!!!!

bright lights, big city

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/04/15/exclusive-eli-roth-reveals-plans-to-shoot-transformers-like-blockbuster-thanksgiving-slasher-back-to-back/
Eli Roth's Thanksgiving is gonna happen!!!!!

And supposedly Machete will eventually be filmed by Rodriguez. That means we just need to pray for feature-length versions of Don't and Werewolf Women of the SS.
DERP

theis

AWESOME!

seriously, his Thanksgiving trailer is the best thing he's ever done.