Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Horror

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 16, 2006, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

has anyone heard about the nazi zombie flick? i'm not talking about the peter jackson hoax, but i read a preview fro it somewhere and now i cant find it. Edit: its called dead snow, i wish i could find what i was reading cause it had a kick ass pic of a zombie nazi
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

Lol seriously?  That's an old subgenre from the 70's and I'm surprised they're doing another one.

bright lights, big city

nazi zombies are making a comeback. it's great.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Am I the only one who thinks Halloween 2 looks decent?
http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinstein/h2/

bright lights, big city

nope. I'm actually looking forward to seeing it after I see District 9 and Inglourious Basterds. and yes, I know I normally hate remakes, let alone a sequel to a remake.
But I have been convinced that it at least should be worth seeing just because it's Rob Zombie, and I've loved his previous 3 movies.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I wasn't a big fan of Rob's Halloween remake. What annoyed me the most was that he gave Myers a motive. His parents were lowlife redneck scumbags who didn't give a shit about him (except for his stripper mom, yay). What I loved about the original Halloween was the fact that Myers was 100% evil. No reason behind it...he just *was*.

Ah well, this sequel still looks like it could be fun.

bright lights, big city

I did find myself enjoying the remake, partly because of the addition of that backstory with his family. It was like Zombie's own spin on the story, and I thought that was alright. But you are correct as to why he was cool 30 years ago.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

I found The Gate on television and forgot how cool this movie really is.  I'm going to wrap it up (only caught last half an hour) and pop in my vhs copy to start from scratch.  The final demon is wicked sick!

theis

Anyone seen Halloween 2 yet? It's gotten terrible reviews, from both critics and fans.

ben

I watched Nosferatu with Opeth's Ghost Reveries (it actually syncs disturbingly good)

shine down unshy

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Aug 09, 2009, 07:45 PM
I found The Gate on television and forgot how cool this movie really is.  I'm going to wrap it up (only caught last half an hour) and pop in my vhs copy to start from scratch.  The final demon is wicked sick!

Hooooly shit.  I remember watching The Gate when I was a little kid.  That movie freaked me the fuck out.

I heard a rumor years ago that it was the prequel to Stargate, have you heard anything like that at all?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: shine down unshy on Sep 15, 2009, 11:36 PM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Aug 09, 2009, 07:45 PM

Hooooly shit.  I remember watching The Gate when I was a little kid.  That movie freaked me the fuck out.

I heard a rumor years ago that it was the prequel to Stargate, have you heard anything like that at all?

I had heard that also, but don't really see much resemblance or connection.

Jerry_Curls

The trailer for the new Nightmare on Elm Street is going online tonight at midnight! FINALLY!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

shine down unshy

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Sep 28, 2009, 12:55 AM
The trailer for the new Nightmare on Elm Street is going online tonight at midnight! FINALLY!

Thanks for the update.  Real excited..hope they don't butcher this classic.

samson simpson

word.

i think jackie will own that role

bright lights, big city

Speaking of remakes, apparently The Fly is being remade, and it's being done by the guy who made the goddamn original, David Crononberg. Why? WHy remake your own movie, when the original is already loved?
DERP

Jerry_Curls

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17519

Watch the HD version!

I love how sleek and dark it looks!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

theis

Quote from: fireflyry on Mar 17, 2006, 04:02 AM
And a great spanish horror/black comedy all about Satan, Death Metal and LSD

Day Of The Beast

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112922/

Finally got to watch this. Very cool movie. 8/10.

oldgentlovecraft

I'm waiting on some good shit to come out soon. There haven't been many films that have truly impressed me lately.

bright lights, big city

We've got The Stepfather coming out in a couple weeks and Saw VI.... ::)
DERP