Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Horror

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 16, 2006, 11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

I like the actor in The Stepfather (the guy from Nip/Tuck, my guilty pleasure), but I'm not sure about Saw VI. The original Stepfather was excellent, but these constant remakes are making me weary, and I love nearly everything horror! Zombieland looks pretty damn good and Romero's new one is getting close (maybe next year, who knows). We've suddenly taken a sharp turn back to the typical, Hollywood fodder.  It's fun to watch, but not much more.  I'll stick to my collection for now.

bright lights, big city

They'll all suck, I'm sure. The only one I have any hope for is Zombieland, honestly. But for some reason I have a vibe that it's going to suck. I really think all the movies I'm anticipating for the rest of the year aren't horror at all. Kind of sad actually.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Anyone totally STOKED about Trick 'r Treat? Out on DVD October 6th.
[youtube=425,350]mJDddBfvVRY[/youtube]

Looks awesome and it's been getting raving reviews.

Also, unrated version of Drag Me To Hell out Oct 20.

bright lights, big city

All I need is Drag Me To Hell. Best horror movie of the year, can't wait for the dvd.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_16678.html

now Texas Chainsaw Massacre is getting a "contemporary" remake in 3D. unbe-fucking-lievable.
DERP

theis

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 09, 2009, 04:47 PM
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_16678.html

now Texas Chainsaw Massacre is getting a "contemporary" remake in 3D. unbe-fucking-lievable.

Another remake?  That doesn't make any sense. The newest two were retellings (remakish) and the last one, Next Generation, was a remake/parody. Tobe Hooper should be pissed lol.

ben

haha it's no surprise, slasher films are the first to be whored out for money.  Friday the 13th remake last year, Nightmare on Elm Street remake in April...that putrid sequel to Rob Zombie's boner Halloween.  Scream 4 starting shooting soon.  The slasher is seriously in a state of extreme decline...thankfully, we can now get some more plot-driven horrors!

edit: and trust me, I like the occasional slasher.  But it's getting more and more ridiculous and more and more tame.

bright lights, big city

I'm holding out for a Killer Klowns From Outer Space remake. That would be a decent flick to reboot for today's audiences.
DERP

theis

What an AWESOME movie. Every horror fan should check this out. Absolutely fantastic Halloween-themed movie.

Great.

endoeleven

Horror for 2010

A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Crazies

bright lights, big city

I'm looking forward to The Crazies, actually.
DERP

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 06, 2009, 01:59 AM
I'm looking forward to The Crazies, actually.

Yeah, me too.

The only reason why I have a slight interest in the Elm Street remake is because of Jackie Earle Haley

bright lights, big city

from http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2009/11/evil-dead-to-rise-again-in-2010.html

EVIL DEAD TO RISE AGAIN IN THEATERS IN 2010

Before there was Spider-Man, Sam Raimi began his multi-billion dollar career with little more than $375,000 and a script for a schlocky X-rated horror film. But when Evil Dead was released in 1981, its gore and wit garnered it a cult following, amassing box office earnings of $2.4 million in the U.S. and over $29 million worldwide. Its success led to several sequels, a stage musical, and cult fame for its writer-director and its star, Bruce Campbell.

Now, 28 years later, Raimi, Campbell and producer Robert Tapert plan to re-release the film in theaters. In 2010, the creators and Grindhouse Pictures will offer midnight showings of the cult classic at select Landmark theaters in the U.S., Mayfair Cinema in Canada, and more venues will be announced after the first of the year.

The always unconventional Campbell has this to say about the release: "Nothing can prepare an audience for what they are about to see, because nothing punishes an audience like Evil Dead — especially on the big screen. I'm really glad it's back. People are gonna be hurt."

Bring on the pain.

FUCK YES!
DERP

theis

Haha, that's fucking awesome. I'd love to see it on the big screen.

defskull

I'm definitely doing this.

Jacob

watched Paranormal Activity tonight, the original version. didn't even know there were different version until after I watched it, but oh well.

I like it, it was pretty creepy and nicely done. but never as outrageously scary as I thought it would be. seems like it's been overhyped a bit.

I'm gonna check out 4th Kind soon btw, sounds like it's a bit more scary. anyone seen it yet?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

Fourth Kind does look interesting. I plan on seeing it in the cheap theaters this week sometime. Too bad it got some pretty crappy reviews.
DERP

Jacob

I don't care one bit about reviews to be honest.

let me know what you thought once you've seen it.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Watched Rob Zombies Halloween II.

I was expecting the worst movie ever, but I gotta admit I liked it. Sure, as a Halloween movie, it fails on every level but if you look away from that you got yourself a damn entertaining slasher/horror flick.

I certainly enjoyed it.

7/10.