Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Horror

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Mar 16, 2006, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

Quote from: theis on Feb 02, 2010, 05:51 PM
Watched Rob Zombies Halloween II.

I was expecting the worst movie ever, but I gotta admit I liked it. Sure, as a Halloween movie, it fails on every level but if you look away from that you got yourself a damn entertaining slasher/horror flick.

I certainly enjoyed it.

7/10.

i love rob zombie's movies so much! i watched this a few days ago and i thought it was so gutsy showing michael myers face. top notch beard. i love the fact that there are no heroes in zombie's movies. if you get caught by the bad guy, you are fucked. you can't escape and you will die. i hate movies where someone gets away alive. that rarely happens when a psychotic murderer has got you.

theis

The thing that dragged the movie down was those fucking visions of his mom and that lame ass white horse. Seemed like a lame excuse for Zombie to put his wife in the movie.

blixa

Quote from: theis on Feb 03, 2010, 11:59 AM
The thing that dragged the movie down was those fucking visions of his mom and that lame ass white horse. Seemed like a lame excuse for Zombie to put his wife in the movie.

i agree. it's blasphemy for him to make a movie and not put his wife in it though hahaha. i thought her character was useless in the movie. she fit in good in the first but it's like, leave it alone, robert! i like his vulgar script writing. like in the beginning when the ambulance driver is joking about fucking laurie's friends corpse, it was confronting but it worked and i found myself enjoying that exchange between the two men before, well, you know what happens to them.

but like i said, i was a bit split about michael's face being shown. it came off as a bit sacrilegious at first. i also think zombie should have taped scenes for the second movie with daeg faerch as the younger michael while he was shooting the first one because the new younger michael wasn't as effective as the previous. daeg scared the crap out of me. granted zombie probably hadn't written the script for the second one. it didn't affect the movie so much.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: blixa on Feb 03, 2010, 12:24 PM

i agree. it's blasphemy for him to make a movie and not put his wife in it though hahaha. i thought her character was useless in the movie. she fit in good in the first but it's like, leave it alone, robert! i like his vulgar script writing. like in the beginning when the ambulance driver is joking about fucking laurie's friends corpse, it was confronting but it worked and i found myself enjoying that exchange between the two men before, well, you know what happens to them.

but like i said, i was a bit split about michael's face being shown. it came off as a bit sacrilegious at first. i also think zombie should have taped scenes for the second movie with daeg faerch as the younger michael while he was shooting the first one because the new younger michael wasn't as effective as the previous. daeg scared the crap out of me. granted zombie probably hadn't written the script for the second one. it didn't affect the movie so much.

They showed Michael's face once in the older films too.

blixa

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Feb 03, 2010, 01:40 PM

in carpenter's? i honestly didn't think zombie was going to show his face. it surprised me.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: blixa on Feb 03, 2010, 01:53 PM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Feb 03, 2010, 01:40 PM

in carpenter's? i honestly didn't think zombie was going to show his face. it surprised me.

No, but in the original series. I wasn't actually comparing Zombie's films to the first two, since he reworked and mishmashed the whole thing.

blixa

i haven't seen the original's since i was a child. i don't remember them much. i was really into chuckie as a kid. i only got into halloween a few years ago.

do you like zombie's version?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: blixa on Feb 03, 2010, 02:50 PM
i haven't seen the original's since i was a child. i don't remember them much. i was really into chuckie as a kid. i only got into halloween a few years ago.

I think there's more realism, as far as portraying Michael as a serial killer. The first was great and gave psychological insight that made the film a bit creepier than the original. I'm a huge Zombie fan anyway, but the classics are still untouchable imo.

bright lights, big city

He needs to make a feature length version of Werewolf Women of the S.S.

and whatever happened to his Tyrannosaurus Rex project?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Feb 03, 2010, 04:37 PM
Quote from: blixa on Feb 03, 2010, 02:50 PM

I think there's more realism, as far as portraying Michael as a serial killer. The first was great and gave psychological insight that made the film a bit creepier than the original. I'm a huge Zombie fan anyway, but the classics are still untouchable imo.

it may sound fucked up but i found a sense of humanity in zombie's michael. i loved the first one too. i'm a big fan of william forsythe and it was huge for me that he was in it. bill moseley as otis, i mean, that right there is the sexiest serial killer you're ever going to get. zombie achieved that hahaha

I'm a big zombie fan. he's so well spoken and he knows his horror history. very smart man. i like the fact that he's not into trilogy's. i think that's what really killed saw for me. having three saw's was enough, but they've completely ruined the essence of the plot by making so many. i still believe the first saw was the best. they should've left it at that.

theis

Just watched  The House of the Devil.

One of the best horror movies I've seen in ages. Truly creepy.

defskull

It's on my list of movies to see. I hear it's good.

blixa

Quote from: theis on Feb 20, 2010, 10:40 PM
Just watched  The House of the Devil.

One of the best horror movies I've seen in ages. Truly creepy.

my mate won't shut up about this film. i haven't seen it yet myself, but i'll be watching it for sure.

theis

Make sure to watch it in complete darkness with the volume cranked.

blixa

Quote from: theis on Feb 23, 2010, 12:23 PM
Make sure to watch it in complete darkness with the volume cranked.

ok.

have you seen the fourth kind?

theis

Nope, thought it looked kinda silly.

Any good?

blixa

my boss was telling me how great it was. he had goosebumps while he was talking about some parts.

oldgentlovecraft

Let the Right One In Remake trailer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/01/let-me-in-trailer-us-rema_n_632518.html

Movie looks close to the original, but may miss out on its beauty.

theis

Such an unnecessary remake.

Ugh...

bright lights, big city

the only reason they're remaking it is so that Americans don't have to put up with those damn foreigners ;)

yeah this is really unnecessary. but not nearly as ridiculously unnecessary as that Death At A Funeral remake where it was remade a year later, in the same language, just with black people instead of British.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?