Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

South Park

Started by Fireal1222, Mar 20, 2006, 03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

maaaaan.

me and Cyn (WhitePwny) talked about shows like Family Guy, South Park and Robot Chicken, the conclusion was that people just love when random events happen in a rational day manner. Their lives are boring and they like how they can reimagine boring stuff in an entertaining-random-happening way in one of those shows. And I know tons of profound educated people that watch that kind of shows.. of course, it depends on sense of humour.

Come on, admit it, they're just hilarious.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: bored on Sep 18, 2008, 05:51 PM
maaaaan.

me and Cyn (WhitePwny) talked about shows like Family Guy, South Park and Robot Chicken, the conclusion was that people just love when random events happen in a rational day manner. Their lives are boring and they like how they can reimagine boring stuff in an entertaining-random-happening way in one of those shows. And I know tons of profound educated people that watch that kind of shows.. of course, it depends on sense of humour.

Come on, admit it, they're just hilarious.

haha robot chicken is the fucking balls.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 18, 2008, 05:48 PM
In 2008, looking back, overall South Park is probably better than the Simpsons (which I always say is my favorite show). You are right, Matt and Trey haven't really had any BAD episode and this is the 12th season starting up. Whereas the Simpsons began to really go downhill after 10 years or so (I remember watching the episode with the Who, thinking that was the beginning of the end).

As for Family Guy, I can see why Matt and Trey and most of their fans hate it. But those first couple years, pre-cancellation on FOX, were brilliant. They were so original at the time and so damn hilarious, and today the new episodes just get old real fast.

i agree, seasons 1-4(? maybe it was three, you know, before it got cancelled) were like the dvds i watched the most when they came out.  now it's, for the most part, pretty boring and monotonous, and they just suck at pushing they envelope, unlike south park...

Variable

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 17, 2008, 12:01 AM
i agree about south park putting you in a good mood

its a good feeling before a show. to know that you are going to do some heavy laughing.. i love laughing.
I hear you man.  I watched all 11 seasons when I was in afghanistan.  It was great to draw me away from reality for a while.  Then we would all pass the time by quoting the good lines.
Quote from: tarkil on Sep 17, 2008, 03:37 PM
Just watched the imaginationland trilogy.... So so great.... Am still cracking up...  :)
imaginationland is seriously awesome.  So many people dont like it though.  They just dont seem to understand how much effort goes into something like that.  Just how they had like every make believe character on screen at once was so funny.  and the christmas critters.  Oh man, its so great.
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Sep 18, 2008, 12:00 AM
non-funny show ftl.
like alvarez said.  You probably just need to start watching it more. I didnt like it at first either.  But my best friend made me sit down and watch it.  Once you catch on to their style of comedy, it is the greatest thing ever

defskull

Ok, TONIGHT is the day for new South Park. TONIGHT. October 8th, 2008. Just to clarify.

bright lights, big city

i know!!! definitely can't wait to see it tonight!
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Corleone

Quote from: defskull on Oct 08, 2008, 03:47 PM
Ok, TONIGHT is the day for new South Park. TONIGHT. October 10 8th, 2008. Just to clarify.

october 10 8th?

wtf ;)

Variable

awesome.  I am excited

Corleone

so tonight? as in 930 tonight? ;D (3:30 board time)

:-*

Variable

I dont have a TV.  I will have to catch it when it hits i-tunes.  Probably tomorrow

defskull

Disappointing but better than some of the other episodes this season.

Variable

shit.  You guys already saw it?  now I gota stop coming in here or else it will get spoiled for me

bright lights, big city

no spoilers from here....i'll just say the raping was the best parts. genious.
DERP

Corleone

I didn't see it, gunna wait for tommorow.

goldpony

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 09, 2008, 02:07 PM

+1, the animation during these scenes was fantastic (and disturbing)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

lostpilot

Quote from: goldpony on Oct 09, 2008, 04:27 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 09, 2008, 02:07 PM

+1, the animation during these scenes was fantastic (and disturbing)
yeah, lol, it was quite funny

alvarezbassist17

i fuckin totally loved it.  makes me so happy it's back and still loyal with the shock value.

Variable

This was a great episode.  I don't know what else you could want from a southpark episode.  They were right on with the rape theme too.  I mean, it needs to be said.  They really, really do need to quit making movies.

bright lights, big city

yes definitely, thats ONE thing we all can agree on......that film should have NEVER been made.
i mean, a refrigerator?? come on...
DERP

Variable

Well , everybody but Thesis.  He liked it