Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

South Park

Started by Fireal1222, Mar 20, 2006, 03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvarezbassist17

alvarezbassist17

anyone else think the episode last night was fuckin brilliant to the nth degree?

bright lights, big city

yes
and the fact that they must've made that episode in less than 20 hours is kinda cool
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Brilliant? No.  The heist thing definitely could have been dropped and more of a focus on the extreme citizens would have been better.

alvarezbassist17

yeah, but the heist of the hope diamond was a great metaphor imo.

goldpony

"i'll walk out with the hope diamond shoved up my anus" BOOM baby!
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

i kill for fun

YEEAAH!! OBAMA! CHANGE!..it,its CHANGE!!! HE SO AWSEOME....He's so PERFECT and AWESOME!!! YEEEEAAARRRGH!!
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

lithium

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 06, 2008, 05:54 PM
yes
and the fact that they must've made that episode in less than 20 hours is kinda cool

i'm sure they had two episodes done and ready to go.
💩

i kill for fun

yea..i heard that they both make up episodes hours within their premere and they also create alternate endings...
"playful deception is the lowest form of Tom-foolery"
"i don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die"

Penicks

Quote from: lithium on Nov 08, 2008, 03:27 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 06, 2008, 05:54 PM
yes

i'm sure they had two episodes done and ready to go.

Still, there had to be some editing done a few hours before it aired because they used Obama's exact victory speech.

bright lights, big city

IGN TV: First and foremost, I want to ask you: how did you get this episode finished in time?

Matt Stone: We talked about doing an election episode for a couple of months. Usually we start talking about these things when we start talking about the whole run, about a month ago. So we started talking about what episodes we'd like to do. When we started talking about the election, we were like "That's on a Tuesday. Wednesday is the next day... We could have a whole episode!"
So we started talking about stories that would be neutral to who won. And that's when we came up with the whole diamond heist thing. We were going to produce a couple of different shows, but we don't do the show that far in advance. So as it got closer, in the last few weeks – it was so obvious that Obama was going to win that we just produced the Obama show. We just did it and assumed the polls would be right.

IGN: Is it three weeks that is your typical turnaround?

Stone: Well, really it's about a week.

IGN: Okay, wow.

Stone: So we didn't really start in earnest on this show until one week ago. For the speeches we had a blank space in there, with the acceptance and concession speeches in there. That only takes us a couple hours to do. It's a very easy animation. The main thing was waiting until they gave the speeches so we could get the backdrops and see what it looked like. Then we copied down the speech and put it in there.
What was funny is that we'd written placeholder crap and put it in there. It was "I want to thank my fellow Americans and blah blah blah" and "Change is going to come.." We just wrote some junk to put in there as temp, and it was amazing how much the temporary stuff matched the boilerplate in there. We then took a few things that people would remember, like Obama promising his kids the dog. We copied the words and put that in, but that was easy for us because we do the show so quick. We were here all night, but we usually are on Tuesday finishing the show.

IGN: So you didn't deliver it late to the network?

Stone: Well, we always deliver it late. [Laughs] We can't get any later than we do! We're delivering it right up against the wire every single week. We can't do it any later or it won't make the air. Trey and I got home at 10:30 yesterday morning. We're there for 24 hours. It sucks, I f***ing hate it! It's physically a challenge and kind of a torment, but it's really the only way we know how to do the show.

IGN: So when you were breaking this episode, how did you decide which characters would be on which side of the political spectrum?

Stone: Well, Randy is funny when he gets drunk. It was more the circumstances for what we needed to make the story work. Like we knew Kyle's brother was going to get hurt, so his family had to be out drunk and partying. And Garrison, it's funny that he's a republican because he's this total self-hating gay man. It was pretty arbitrary to tell you the truth. It isn't even really that political of an episode, really. The Obama supporters partying in the street, you knew that when he won people would party in the street. And every election the other side is devastated and convinced it's the end of the world. At least the ones I can remember.

entire interview here:  http://tv.ign.com/articles/928/928073p1.html
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Quote from: i kill for fun on Nov 08, 2008, 01:26 AM
YEEAAH!! OBAMA! CHANGE!..it,its CHANGE!!! HE SO AWSEOME....He's so PERFECT and AWESOME!!! YEEEEAAARRRGH!!

alvarezbassist17

haha i love the guy holding the beer to his head.

From the Comedy Central Press Release:
SOUTH PARK PRESENTS "ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MUSICAL" ON THIS WEEK'S ALL-NEW EPISODE WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 12 AT 10:00 P.M.* ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, November 10, 2008 – The boys realize they are no longer the coolest kids in school in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Elementary School Musical" premiering on Wednesday, November 12 at 10:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on COMEDY CENTRAL.

Stan realizes he could lose Wendy if he doesn't get on board with the latest fad to hit South Park Elementary. Cartman would rather kill himself than succumb. But, when Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman all realize that Butters is now more popular than they are, they have no choice but to give in to peer pressure.

sounds super hilarious

defskull

The best episode of a rather weak season by far.   I'm glad they still have it in them

alvarezbassist17

you are never gonna play shooty hoopth!

bright lights, big city

has anyone actually seen HSM? is that really how those movies are??
DERP

alvarezbassist17

i have not, i imagine it would've been way funnier if i had to sit through that crap.  but fuck that, i'll stick to the south park movie for my musicals :)

bright lights, big city

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Nov 13, 2008, 09:52 PM
i have not, i imagine it would've been way funnier if i had to sit through that crap.  but fuck that, i'll stick to the south park movie for my musicals :)
agreed lolz
DERP

lostpilot

you got to do what you wanna doo

defskull

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 13, 2008, 09:48 PM
has anyone actually seen HSM? is that really how those movies are??

I saw parts of one of them and my girlfriend has nephews and nieces who watch HSM so she knows about it.  So she told me some of the references when we watched it.  They do randomly get up and sing like that in the movie.  In HSM 2 or something Zac Efron is a basketball player that wants to get into theatre.  Sort of the opposite of the South Park episode.  Kyle's jew fro at the end was styled like one of the actors in HSM.