Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

South Park

Started by Fireal1222, Mar 20, 2006, 03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyNo.9

LOL at dubstep. That episode was genuinely sad  :-\

bright lights, big city

so is this half-season coming up in the fall going to end the series?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

yeah there's rumors they're trying to get out of their contract and just end it. they describe making the show as "a nightmare" now so it looks like they may be packing it in soon.

from_musings

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jun 09, 2011, 10:49 PM
didn't anybody get the implied message, that they are out of ideas and want to call it quits?  That's what I got out of it, and I'm fucking gutted.

latest episode was downright depressing. the sharon randy fight would be trey and matt talking to us how they feel about the show and each other and that they're unhappy with doin sp."how long can we keep on doing this, its like the same shit that happens over and over, every week it resets and it's the same story in a different way" they seem to want to do other things in life. the way they talk about stan's getting older would make stan a metaphor for "south park" as a show: "our son turned 10 and you're feeling old"

BillyNo.9

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 12, 2011, 08:09 AM
latest episode was downright depressing. the sharon randy fight would be trey and matt talking to us how they feel about the show and each other and that they're unhappy with doin sp."how long can we keep on doing this, its like the same shit that happens over and over, every week it resets and it's the same story in a different way" they seem to want to do other things in life. the way they talk about stan's getting older would make stan a metaphor for "south park" as a show: "our son turned 10 and you're feeling old"

AND THEN TEH BRITCHES GOT SAVED  ;D

Vesanic

Of course it was self-critique... Thought it was obvious enough not to mention it.

from_musings

yeah i thought it was obvious but maybe not to everyone.it's strange that your reaction to when they say they'll stop making sp in this episode (which would be a big deal for long time fans) is "that was a good episode". to me their sad message was bigger than the shit jokes

Vesanic

It's a good episode because it shows that the creators themselves know they have to stop. They're humble. That's not a thing you see everyday. We all know South Park is fading and they admit it. It's sad, but everything comes to an end.

from_musings

alright.... but they've done sp in more than a decade and "that was a good episode" is probably something that people's been saying after every single episode again and gain,over and over throughout the years -  because it was a funny episode .and nothing wrong with that of course.but in this episode - there was a big,big difference with a big big message - that this is the beginning of the end of south park - which is HUGE.so I think it becomes weird to do as always - just just comment on "what a good episode" it was, just like it would be like any other. that would seem like a person not getting it. but yeah it's on downhill, glory days are over since long ago and it was a good episode because of the reasons you said. I just think it would be good to say why at a special time like this, but now it's all good :)

tarkil

Yeah, that was downright sad.... Man, I will miss my weekly south park fix very hard.....   :-\

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Vesanic

Wonder if the finale will be any special. Probably some special scenario but maybe a longer episode or something.

But yeah, it was sad. Even sadder than Chef's death.

from_musings

south park quitting is even more sad than when maud flanders died in the simpsons

Penicks

if this was to be the last season, at least it ended on an okay note.

Vesanic

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 13, 2011, 03:44 PM
south park quitting is even more sad than when maud flanders died in the simpsons

Is that irony I smell ?

from_musings

smells like screen spirit

Corleone

Vesanic

Well, it's not over

http://tvdonewright.com/2011/07/south-park-renewed-for-season-16-and-season-17-2013/

I'm not sure I'm glad about this. If they really mean what they showed in the latest episode, maybe they should call it a day and not beat a dead horse.

poofing acid

The current season is only half over.  That article is from July.  It's been known that they were signed for other seasons.

Vesanic

I know it's only half over and that article is from July, but I haven't seen it posted here, so...

poofing acid