Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Beautiful Women Thread, Part 2.

Started by Azwethinkweiz, Apr 03, 2006, 12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireflyry

While theres a thick line between tasteful shots and legs in the air full frontal nudity I really don't see the issue.

An individuals definition of attraction is not a logical choice that can be changed and niether should it have any bearing of moral dilema if it differs from individual to indiviual.It just does'nt work that way.

I sometimes wish I lived in the 70's when people realised the only thing wrong with nudity and having open appreciation for a naked body was that society deemed it unacceptable through years of oppression.Why should a female feel less than her peers if she wants to show her body off and vice-versa why should a male feel guilty for finding such pictures pleasing to the eye?

It's science and in the males case very much a biological reaction, not a question of choice based on morality.Then again I was raised to appreciate the human form in all it's aspects, face, boobs and butt and feel no guilt in admiting that while I can certainly appreciate the facial features of a beautiful women I see no difference between that and appreciating she has a nice ass.

It's all the same body and the only lines separating it's parts are personal opinion, upbringing and society's influence on your taste and what you find acceptable or pleasing.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Chrisbo

Ry just put it all down perfectly right there! Wise words my man!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Assassin

Quote from: fireflyry on Apr 22, 2006, 10:16 AM
While theres a thick line between tasteful shots and legs in the air full frontal nudity I really don't see the issue.

An individuals definition of attraction is not a logical choice that can be changed and niether should it have any bearing of moral dilema if it differs from individual to indiviual.It just does'nt work that way.

I sometimes wish I lived in the 70's when people realised the only thing wrong with nudity and having open appreciation for a naked body was that society deemed it unacceptable through years of oppression.Why should a female feel less than her peers if she wants to show her body off and vice-versa why should a male feel guilty for finding such pictures pleasing to the eye?

It's science and in the males case very much a biological reaction, not a question of choice based on morality.Then again I was raised to appreciate the human form in all it's aspects, face, boobs and butt and feel no guilt in admiting that while I can certainly appreciate the facial features of a beautiful women I see no difference between that and appreciating she has a nice ass.

It's all the same body and the only lines separating it's parts are personal opinion, upbringing and society's influence on your taste and what you find acceptable or pleasing.

You're missing my point entirely. There really is nothing wrong with finding someone's naked body attractive, that was not my argument. Obviously this is completely natural and an undeniable aspect of human behaviour.

However, there has been a trend over the last few decades, which has resulted in a social expectation for women to dress in a somewhat revealing manner in order to be attractive, whilst a man can remain fully-clothed and still be held desirable by the average female. Obviously the current situation is also the partial responsibility of the women who have heeded such expectations and conformed, but without a demand, there would be no supply.

The reason why this bothers me, is not that I see the human body as something to be 'ashamed' of. In fact, it is the entire opposite. I see the human body as something so valuable that it should not be revealed to just any old piece of crap. I don't understand how all these women can allow anyone to look at them and get pleasure from the sight of their body without their permission. I mean, obviously if you are attracted to someone, you would want them to be attracted to you on this level, but allowing the perverts to see your body just perplexes me. This trend in society serves merely to contribute towards the objectification of women, transforming her into a sexual plaything to satisfy the whims of the male population whilst discarding with her intellectual worth.

That is the root of my discontentment with the popularisation of female nudity.

Moz La Punk

Shut the fuck up and enjoy this.

Back to you jackie for another insightful spiritual post that has no home in a thread where we celebrate naked female flesh.

Assassin

Moz La Punk

Assassin

I'm not preaching, I'm conveying an opinion. If you feel so alarmed by it, that's not my fault. Perhaps it is indicative of an underlying agreement, which you cannot bring yourself to accept?

Moz La Punk

Oh I'm so alarmed. But that doesn't change the fact that often you indeed seem like preaching, and a lot of people are just irritated by people that preach. Whether people are irritated by you on this forum is not for me to decide however.

Assassin

And how would you define preaching? Because it seems to me that anyone expressing a viewpoint in opposition to your own could be construed as 'preaching'.

In any case, I imagine that many people are irritated by me on this forum, but the degree of irritation I present to them is probably miniscule in comparison to the degree of irritation that many members present to myself. I have learned to live with it however, as nobody is perfect.

Moz La Punk

If MANY members here irritate you, I wonder what the reason is you stick with the forum alltogether? Because often because of the way you create certain sentences, it's obvious that you feel irritation for many members. Which causes irritation with others uses as well.

I don't view discussions on forums as preaching, but I do think you are missing the point of this topic. But hey, go ahead and discuss on, I'm sure everyon loves to read that instead of watching half-naked ladies.

Azwethinkweiz

everyone, stop fucking up this thread and post more dames!

Assassin

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Apr 22, 2006, 06:25 PM
If MANY members here irritate you, I wonder what the reason is you stick with the forum alltogether? Because often because of the way you create certain sentences, it's obvious that you feel irritation for many members. Which causes irritation with others uses as well.

I don't view discussions on forums as preaching, but I do think you are missing the point of this topic. But hey, go ahead and discuss on, I'm sure everyon loves to read that instead of watching half-naked ladies.

Many members irritate me, but not all or even most. Luckily, there are actually some members here who are cool enough to make sticking around actually worth it. They know who they are.

Anyway, please enlighten me by revealing what the 'point' of this topic is!

Azwethinkweiz

STFU and quit going off-topic all the fucking time.

EDIT: the point of this topic is to post pictures of hot ladies. as simple as that.

Assassin

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 10, 2006, 07:00 PM
It seems like Assasin is involved in every single conversation/thread on this board.

Assassin

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 22, 2006, 06:58 PM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 10, 2006, 07:00 PM
It seems like Assasin is involved in every single conversation/thread on this board.

Wow, you actually took the trouble to find that quote from 12 days ago so you could post it here? Hahaha.

Allow me to remind you, that I am not involved in 'every single conversation/thread on this board' - and even if I was, how would it even matter? There are plenty of users here who are involved in every thread in some way or another. So fucking what?

Moz La Punk

Assassin

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Apr 22, 2006, 07:01 PM
Post a cunt or fail in life.

With cunts like you posting more than enough, I doubt my services are needed.

Moz La Punk

You just keep on trying to control every conversation thats available. C-c-c-c-control freak.

Hey quote me and say something witty. Do it. You know you cant let it go.