Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What are you playing right now?

Started by Moz La Punk, Apr 14, 2006, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

The Hidden Object show for PC

Pretty entertaining :D

Sushi-X

Just got red dead redemption on ps3 so that yeah

Rocket Skates '94

Jacob

Alpha Protocol. damn, what an awesome game.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Super Street Fighter IV :D !!!!

Guy's combos are amazing and his ultra special 2 is the shit !

Corleone

you must be asian.... *runs*

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jacob on May 30, 2010, 05:04 AM
i'm on the fence about that game, i've been anticipating it for ages, and i love the developers of it (Obsidian). however the reviews i've read about Alpha Protocol have called it buggy and basically pretty crappy overall. how far into it are you?
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 31, 2010, 04:07 AM
Quote from: Jacob on May 30, 2010, 05:04 AM
i'm on the fence about that game, i've been anticipating it for ages, and i love the developers of it (Obsidian). however the reviews i've read about Alpha Protocol have called it buggy and basically pretty crappy overall. how far into it are you?

yeah, it's been getting pretty bad reviews in the US, but here in Europe it's been getting alot better (usually around 7-8/10).

I'm almost at the very end and I've loved every bit of it so far. I played it non-stop from saturday noon until last night, that's how much I love it. I don't care that much about graphics, and the few glitches I've encountered have been very minor. the controls aren't top-notch and AI is pretty crap. but I'm playing on Hard, which means that if someone sees me and gets a shot off at me I'm pretty much dead. so AI isn't a big issue, seeing as how I sneak past most guards or take them down with stealth.

what I love about the game (and what I look for in these types of games) is the storytelling, how you choose your own path and affect which people to have on your side. the dialogue is amazing with great voice-acting and great characters. your choices really do affect the gameplay, which makes dialogue a lot more exciting (there's always a time-limit when you choose your answer). little things in-between missions like buying intel, reading e-mails and modding your equipment are also a lot of fun and add a lot of flavor.

I really think you should give it a try. might not be for everyone, but I love these kind of games (it reminds me a lot of one of my favorite games: Deus Ex) and like I said, most things reviewers complain about in this game have only felt secondary to the really good parts.

bright lights, big city

i think i will. i love these games with great dialogue systems. and also the fact that i've been anticipating this thing for over a year, dammit it does look really fun.
DERP

Jacob

nice. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. just don't expect a highly polished AAA-title.

also, the tutorial might be a bit boring/annoying and isn't really a good start of the game. but stick it out and you'll notice that things get better when you start speclializing in skills and getting a hang of the gameplay.

Corleone

bright lights, big city

DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

djsoulglo

PS3: Red Dead Redemption
PS3: Mod Nation Racers
N64: Ocarina of Time

Livewire

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Livewire on Jun 04, 2010, 01:14 AM
Mirror's Edge
extremely underrated. it should be played by more gamers.

BFBC 2
DERP

nintendoXO

About to start playing Dead Space again And Force unleash.  And a lot of TF2 on PC and 360.

im all kinds of hyped for E3.

Sea Bass

bright lights, big city

Red Dead and Perfect Dark have been occupying my time lately.
DERP

Sea Bass

whats your psn id? do you have a xbox 360 too?