Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What are you playing right now?

Started by Moz La Punk, Apr 14, 2006, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dictatesofreason

RoyalDeftonicBoy

My Resident Evil 6 copy arrived on friday,lucky me so Im playing Chris' campaign.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 08, 2012, 04:14 AM
My Resident Evil 6 copy arrived on friday,lucky me so Im playing Chris' campaign.
worst campain..

You should just start with Leon then Chris then Jake then Ada..
If you wanna feel a movie-like story
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

rock_n_frost

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Oct 08, 2012, 10:38 AM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 08, 2012, 04:14 AM
worst campain..

You should just start with Leon then Chris then Jake then Ada..
If you wanna feel a movie-like story

Actually Im playing Chris' story first because I wanna get it out of the way,I do not like the Moder Welfare type of game so that is why I chose it first to then give priority to the other players :D

kurtone

Doesn't matter what campaign you play first, this game is horrible IMO

rock_n_frost

what a nice GF, she accepts videogames as a gift?
wow
Do not lose her :p

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Oct 11, 2012, 10:57 AM
what a nice GF, she accepts videogames as a gift?
wow
Do not lose her :p

She does,she even likes games that I dont like Left For Dead :P She has X-box 360 and PS3.Yeah lucky me

rock_n_frost

you bastard :D
btw left 4 dead is pretty cool game dude.

Dishonored
It is pretty interesting, it has so many cool shits
BUT
it is a BAD COPY of Bioshock.
And sadly animations and graphics are terrible..
Do not pay for this game..

bright lights, big city

No way, I can't wait to play Dishonored. The voice cast is fantastic, the gameplay videos look awesome, and the style reminds you of Bioshock probably because it was made by dudes who made Bioshock. Also, I thought this is supposed to be a stealth game, since you can go the whole game without killing anyone.

And I played some of RE6 with my buddy. Fuck that game, it's terrible. I realize it's supposed to be more action (I won't even get into that bullshit in the RE universe), but even the gunplay blows compared to other shooters. Basically the same game as Operation Raccoon City.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

rock_n_frost

I disagree.
I've just finished RE6.
My opinion changed.
It has hard controls than the other shooters cause it has to be!
RE meant to be a hard control game.

- Story is incredible.I really impressed how they put all those seperate campains into a one great story.
- Cutscenes are so proffesional. So many, but after i get into the story it doesnt bother.
- The gameplay is not easy ! I fucking died so many times. And got out of ammos..
- Quickshot option is so great. Especially do it with Leon 4 times over and over with handgun. He is gonna do Dante (of DMC) gunslinger move..
- The music is movielike. I was waiting something more with piano but, still fits with the game.
- It is fucking loooong. Capcom really made full of contents. Some other online people joined to my campain as creatures, it was fuckin dope.
- 4 way dodges are so good. So many new things added.
- Increadible action scenes. Also so many suprises. I picked Pierce and got 1 arm infected and became a godlike zombie..it was amazing..
- Ada and Jake are so fuckin cool.
- Dialogs are well done

So what else can we expect from a game?

It is not horror for sure. But what is horror?
Nothing is horror anymore because it is 2012 and we are changed.
If this game released in 1995 we would feel the horror with Leon campain.
We are not scare of anything anymore..

So well done Capcom. I really impressed how much content in it
9/10
If you keep saying ''this is not Resident Evil-like game'' then play it as a new,different game. I love it.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Oct 15, 2012, 01:06 PM
It is not horror for sure. But what is horror?
Nothing is horror anymore because it is 2012 and we are changed.
We are not scare of anything anymore..
This is an interesting point. Horror in movies and therefore video games has evolved in the last 10 decade or so. It's not that new, but Condemned is on the 360 and is good example of a horror video game. Go check it out, it gave me the creeps.

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Oct 15, 2012, 01:06 PM
If you keep saying ''this is not Resident Evil-like game'' then play it as a new,different game. I love it.
Going along with the above, I realize horror and mechanics change (look at the tank controls from the PS1 days), but at least make an effort to have some atmosphere or some scary moments, like in the first 4 games. That creepy atmosphere was what made it stand out from all the other bullshit in that era.

This also conflicts with nostalgia. Everyone raves about what they grew up on (like me with recent conversations on Bond, ALF, Resident Evil, Dukes of Hazzard), but the truth is, even though you have fond memories of it, years later a lot of nostalgic stuff is crap.

Sorry for the mini-essay, haha. And all that said, I will eventually trudge through this eventually. Just to know how far the storyline has gone to hell.
DERP

rock_n_frost

Agreed with all..
That game you advise looks sick. Im gonna try if i find a pc ver.
Good old era..Im gonna missed that too..

Do you remember when you played first Tomb Raider game.
It was damn fantastic.
We had to push 3 buttons then back motion for a somersault while climbing.
If the new Tomb Raider game (which looks pretty damn awesome) has the same gameplay, it would bother me. Cuz i guess we had a revolution about gaming and cant go back.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Oct 15, 2012, 07:30 PM
Agreed with all..
That game you advise looks sick. Im gonna try if i find a pc ver.
Good old era..Im gonna missed that too..

Do you remember when you played first Tomb Raider game.
It was damn fantastic.
We had to push 3 buttons then back motion for a somersault while climbing.
If the new Tomb Raider game (which looks pretty damn awesome) has the same gameplay, it would bother me. Cuz i guess we had a revolution about gaming and cant go back.

exactly. in 3d games you really can't get away with only using 3 buttons and a d-pad.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Yo guys I got a question,is Wolfenstein (2009) a good game? I saw mix reviews but can you help me out with this question?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 16, 2012, 10:05 AM
Yo guys I got a question,is Wolfenstein (2009) a good game? I saw mix reviews but can you help me out with this question?
No i remember playing that really clunky gameplay and weird mind power stuff, still prefer lan on the original lol.

rock_n_frost

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I will download it for PC :P Just out of curiosity.