Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What are you playing right now?

Started by Moz La Punk, Apr 14, 2006, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Hopefully i'm going to be able to play some "real games" during christmas break, the past few months i've only been playing nhl 13. Don't get me wrong, i love me some nhl, but i'm looking forward to having more free time to play some games. I have to finish Skyrim and Dead Space 2. Have there been any good 360 titles this year i should check out?

bright lights, big city

Walking Dead. Nosebleed said what I've been thinking for the last couple months. Haven't stated episode 5 yet, but the game is pretty special.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

CandyAndy

I feel like a little bitch while playing Amnesia. I'm super jumpy and nervous. There are monsters but I can't kill them. This is a travesty I tell you! D:

lithium

💩

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Hitman Absolution.What a great game!

fireflyry

Street Fighter 2.

My flatmate just bought an old school arcade machine that is hooked up to an old PC with every old school arcade fighter, 80/90's rom you could think of.

Next game.....Wonder Boy.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Crazylegs

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 22, 2012, 12:25 AM
Walking Dead. Nosebleed said what I've been thinking for the last couple months. Haven't stated episode 5 yet, but the game is pretty special.

Gonna start playing this today. Looks really good actually.

fireflyry

It's different.

I've not really been into the whole "point and click" genre of gaming for a long time but imo Telltale do it really well.If you dig the TV show or  Romero you''ll dig the game imo.It's more about the story than the gameplay. Just be prepared for lot's of quicktime events :P

Crazylegs

yeah. I tried the demo and it was definitely different. After i started looking up reviews and stuff though it seems like everyone is praising these games, so might as well check them out. Story is always good. And i've enjoyed games earlier telltale games aswell. Did you play through all episodes?

fireflyry

I'm up to episode 3 and I've thoroughly enjoyed the whole game game so far.

In saying I'm a huge Zombie/Apocalyptic fan so any game/book/movie/tv show with that setting or genre entailed means I'm usually easily biased.Even so it's a great game but many of my gaming friends didn't get it due to the narrative being of more relevance and import than the actual game-play.

DeftonesNZ

I've heard that it's very narrative based aswell but I also heard the whole choice/consequence thing doesn't even matter that much and you usually just end up having to choose one character or another depending on who you want to save and that after the initial choice apart from who you have around with you there are no other consequences is that right?

Fireal1222

i recently started playing GTA IV again. i never completely beat the game, so i figured id go back, and finish it off.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

fireflyry

Just got Skyrim on PC.

First purchased it on PS3 at release, found out the PS3 version was a train wreck at release and traded it.Still I should know better than to buy a Beth game outside PC.Downloading a crap load of mods atm and looking forward to not needing to buy a game for a bit, if it's anything like my friends tell me I will be busy for some time.

Outside that Gulild Wars 2 and Pong as usual:P

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 12, 2012, 10:17 PM
I've heard that it's very narrative based aswell but I also heard the whole choice/consequence thing doesn't even matter that much and you usually just end up having to choose one character or another depending on who you want to save and that after the initial choice apart from who you have around with you there are no other consequences is that right?

I think it differs in terms of having relevance to the story when you conclude the game.In saying I've had to make choices of "save this person or that person" so far and obviously the one I saved still has content to deliver to the story.It's a choice based on narrative preference.It's basically like playing a TV show where I think most of the complaint comes from RPG players, which this game is not geared towards in terms of the usual definition of RPG.They tend to think relevance of choice at end-game, which imo is not what this game is about.

It's really different and refreshing.I'd suggest any gamer should try it.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: fireflyry on Dec 19, 2012, 01:07 PM
if it's anything like my friends tell me I will be busy for some time.

Trust me, it's like a second life

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

N0S3BLEED976

'Metroid Prime' for Gamecube. Ah, sweet nostalgia...

lithium

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Dec 18, 2012, 03:08 AM
i recently started playing GTA IV again. i never completely beat the game, so i figured id go back, and finish it off.
Can't wait for V
💩

deftones47

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Dec 20, 2012, 12:50 AM
'Metroid Prime' for Gamecube. Ah, sweet nostalgia...

That was quite a great game.

Prime 3: Corruption could have been way better though.

bright lights, big city

I've fallen in love with Forza Horizon.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

samson simpson

UFC Undisputed 3

funniez animationz lolz