Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chevelle

Started by lostpilot, Apr 22, 2006, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Hey, what do you think about this band?
I really like the whole 'This type of thinking could do us in'. Great band, isn`t it?
Also, awesome live.  ::)

Azwethinkweiz

they're okay. not a fan, but some of their songs are cool.

fireflyry

Chevelle is one of those bands I've neither really liked or disliked.I'm impartial.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

black coffee

im not listening to chevelle too often anymore, but that doesnt say anything. they're cool guys and release good music, even though i liked wonder what's next and point #1 more than this type of... i was kind of disappointed when it came out to be honest. it's good music, but i expected "more" after WWN.

they will probably never tour europe again, and i probably won't bother anyways because i've seem them live around the time when i was the most into their music - 2003 in support of their album WWN.

so its ok.

lostpilot

yeah, wonder what`s next song is extremely good one.

law

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 22, 2006, 01:06 PM

they will probably never tour europe again

sounds a little stupid, why do you think that?

Sam

I actually tried listening to them yesterday and I couldn't stand the music. 

Frankz0r

Their music is ok, I like a few songs, but...
Send the pain below, it's the same riff of BQ&D...  >:( It's similar... I think it's almost the same!
Some people say that they're like deftones... and it's impossible!... So...

black coffee

Quote from: law on Apr 22, 2006, 06:00 PM

i like it my way, i think the fact that you disagree with me is stupid.

Assassin

Quote from: Frankz0r on Apr 22, 2006, 06:18 PM
Their music is ok, I like a few songs, but...
Send the pain below, it's the same riff of BQ&D...  >:( It's similar... I think it's almost the same!

That's so true. That song is nowhere near as good as BQAD though!

I like Chevelle but I haven't actually listened to them in a while, I think you need to be in the right kind of mood.

From Wonder What's Next I like Family System, The Red, Closure and Comfortable Liar, and on This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In: Breach Birth, Vitamin R, Panic Prone and Emotional Drought are really good. I haven't heard much from Point #1 though, I need to listen to that.

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 22, 2006, 06:23 PM

Now now children.

vida_mae

hey! their on the radio..

deftonekid

I only have listened to a few songs and i can say that i like them, i'm saving money to buy some of their albums.

btw, thx to Assassin 4 tha chevelle songs!

Assassin

deftonekid

MyRibItsBroke

point number 1 is a great album.

hydroponic82

Quote from: MyRibItsBroke on Apr 24, 2006, 04:02 AM
point number 1 is a great album.

yes.

and i like their live dvd . its a good show.

Mei

Good band.

They seem to have a lot of songs I find myself singing along with and overall liking the guitar rhythm's. Im not a hardcore fan.. but yea I like a lot of their songs I guess you could say.
I Keep You Jealously To Myself

MyRibItsBroke

haven't seen it. i didn't really like wonder what's next all that much and didn't even bother with the newest one.

law

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 22, 2006, 06:23 PM

haha, stop sounding like a twat, I was only asking why the band would be so dumb to not tour europe again, read it properly.

CrenshawMoreno

I got Point #1 shortly after it came out and loved it. I remember that video they had out at the time for 'Mia' - it looked like a TOOL video or something like that. I had such high hopes for them, and I'll admit... when "Wonder What's Next" came out, I thought it was amazing. Now, I can't stand them at all. I dunno what it is about their music, but it seems to have gotten old fast. I met them when they were touring in support of Point #1, and they were such nice guys. Really 'normal' people. And then when they were touring for WWN, I got to meet them again. And it was like meeting 3 totally different guys. Well, not so much the bass player Joe. He was still pretty cool. But the other dudes seemed more interested in signing girls chests and getting to the nearest bar. Seems like fame got the best of them. I think their music blows now. Sorry!
Yeeeah, boyeeeee!!