Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chevelle

Started by lostpilot, Apr 22, 2006, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

Quote from: Deadradio on May 21, 2009, 04:36 PM
I found this song about 8 years ago when the days of free Napster were brand new.

I typed in Chevelle and it came up.

Says that Tool, Staind, Korn, and Chevelle all did it.

I personaly don't believe its Chevelle, but have always wanted to know who made this song.

Any ideas?

http://rapidshare.com/files/235645605/08_Track_8.mp3.html
Thats what a lot of bands-fans do when they want to promote music.  They put it in a file sharing program under big band names, or bands they think fans would have similar taste with in order to get the music out.  Now it really doesn't do any good if you can't somehow find out who sings it.  So ill just guess someone came across it and had no idea who sang it and just started listing off bands maybe?

Thats actually how I heard the Trust Company song "hover" for the first time.  I was looking for deftones songs when I first discovered them and it said " Deftones, Tool, and Glassjaw " and I got some version of hover with a piano and different lyrics than what was released *shrugs*

White Pwny

Are you sure it was Hover?   I had "Drop to Zero" that said Deftones, Tool and Glassjaw    it was Trust Company...   great band btw.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

defTHE1s

Quote from: NinjaActionFigure on Jun 26, 2009, 10:27 PM
Quote from: defTHE1s on Jun 26, 2009, 10:07 PM
Quote from: NinjaActionFigure on Jun 26, 2009, 09:29 PM
Does anyone have a copy of "Jars"?
+1..
Does anybody have listened to this song? How is it? How/where can I hear it?

You can listen to it on their myspace
Yeah, I've listened to it now, good song, isn't it?

so thanks for this man:
Quote from: defsteve on Jun 27, 2009, 07:14 PM
Chevelle - Jars

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

black coffee

I'm enjoying it as well. If the rest of the album is as good as Jars, this should be another great release of modern rock music in 2009 besides Sound Awake.

White Pwny

And Trey... that quiet piano version of Hover is called Hover Quiet Mix

Havent talked to you in forever... hope yer doing ok.

Nebontha

QuoteThats what a lot of bands-fans do when they want to promote music.  They put it in a file sharing program under big band names, or bands they think fans would have similar taste with in order to get the music out.  Now it really doesn't do any good if you can't somehow find out who sings it.  So ill just guess someone came across it and had no idea who sang it and just started listing off bands maybe?
I fucking HATE it when people do that!  One of many reasons why I don't use those (illegal) file-sharing programs anymore...
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Nebontha on Jun 30, 2009, 05:38 PM
QuoteThats what a lot of bands-fans do when they want to promote music.  They put it in a file sharing program under big band names, or bands they think fans would have similar taste with in order to get the music out.  Now it really doesn't do any good if you can't somehow find out who sings it.  So ill just guess someone came across it and had no idea who sang it and just started listing off bands maybe?
I fucking HATE it when people do that!  One of many reasons why I don't use those (illegal) file-sharing programs anymore...
and also those programs may harm with virus our compuyters...
and in some cases i'm like "oh what the shit!! "Who in the FUCK" plays that song"??
it's so annoying, really..

btw: new Chevelle, Jars, it's pretty good. I hope the album will be another great piece like WWN or Vena Sera  ;D

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

ChannelZer0

Anyone have the new album yet???
Sorrow

black coffee

here you go

defTHE1s

Quote from: black coffee on Aug 29, 2009, 07:45 AM
here you go
it didn't work but i'm uploading the one I have.

edit: here is it. is the one uploaded here before.  but this one is by me.

decapod

Sci Fi Crimes has grown on me ALOT since yesterday. "Shameful Metaphors" has one of the catchiest chorus' I've heard in a looooong time. Great album comming from someone who really isn't a Chevelle fan.

White Pwny

Quote from: decapod on Aug 29, 2009, 10:43 PM
Sci Fi Crimes has grown on me ALOT since yesterday. "Shameful Metaphors" has one of the catchiest chorus' I've heard in a looooong time. Great album comming from someone who really isn't a Chevelle fan.

Bout' fucking time.   Gosh....

nonesuch

I've always been a huge chevelle fan

and even though this album isn't revolutionary and doesn't really try too many new things

I LOVE IT!!!     I cant stop jamming it

Great fucking album all the way thru
i drink your milkshake

defTHE1s

Yeah, the same for me, it's growing more and more every time I listen to it. I'm loving it with about 7 full listens just having bought it yesterday!

ChannelZer0

Anyone have the two bonus tracks???  I think they're from the Hot Topic version.
Sorrow

defTHE1s

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 16, 2009, 07:58 PM
Sci-Fi Crimes Bonus
thanks a bunch!!
That's what I was expecting, after such a good album!!

defTHE1s

I have a question.. where is Sleep Apnea (acoustic) from??

defTHE1s

Quote from: defTHE1s on Sep 18, 2009, 01:30 AM
I have a question.. where is Sleep Apnea (acoustic) from??
and another question... The CD I have has for track 10 "A new momentum" and in the Chevelle page this track is called "I could sleep forever"... are the same songs ??? ?