Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chevelle

Started by lostpilot, Apr 22, 2006, 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Those singles off the third album were just god-awful. 

theis

i really like the new album.

White Pwny

Quote from: theis on Mar 15, 2007, 08:02 PM
i really like the new album.

Vena Sera?!   I love it!   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

theis

yup.

it's quite addicting.

White Pwny

*hugs you*

I will be seeing them live April 13th... opening bands are Finger  Eleven and Strata.   Should be a great show.

White Wrist

i dont know chevelle. Wpowny, any suggestion? I m gonna download them because they are your second fav band. aren ´t they?

White Pwny

Quote from: White Wrist on Mar 15, 2007, 09:00 PM
i dont know chevelle. Wpowny, any suggestion? I m gonna download them because they are your second fav band. aren ´t they?

Indeed they are.   The Vena Sera we are talking about is the leaked new CD.  If you just wanna download a few of their songs to try them out... I suggest :   Comfortable Liar, Don't Fake This,  Get Some, Panic Prone, Wonder What's Next and  An Evening With El Diablo..... just to name a few.    I'd say that the first 4 are my favorites!   Hope you like them....   =o)   

White Pwny

yeah?  well.... what do you know...  ::)

An bád dubh

I've heard of Chevelle for a long time now, but never have I heard any of their songs, nor have I really cared. But now, finally, I noticed the new album in the Download and  Request thread and thought to myself; well, what the hell, I might as well just give it a try.

So, I did give it a try, and I gotta say, it's pretty good, I enjoy it a lot.

PhiberOptiks

they have a unique vocalist who sounds like maynard from tool sometimes. but yeah, im also excited for their new album vena sera... this is definitely some of the better radio rock on the airwaves.. definitely highly recommended to the people on this forum. to put it bluntly i guess, if you loved adrenaline you'd find love for this bands sound as well.

White Pwny

Quote from: PhiberOptiks on Mar 16, 2007, 07:37 AM
they have a unique vocalist who sounds like maynard from tool sometimes. but yeah, im also excited for their new album vena sera... this is definitely some of the better radio rock on the airwaves.. definitely highly recommended to the people on this forum. to put it bluntly i guess, if you loved adrenaline you'd find love for this bands sound as well.

I can post the link again for Vena Sera leak.  It is an awesome CD.

White Pwny

Quote from: An bád dubh on Mar 16, 2007, 06:44 AM
I've heard of Chevelle for a long time now, but never have I heard any of their songs, nor have I really cared. But now, finally, I noticed the new album in the Download and  Request thread and thought to myself; well, what the hell, I might as well just give it a try.

So, I did give it a try, and I gotta say, it's pretty good, I enjoy it a lot.

WooooOOOOoooT!   =o)  I'm glad you gave them a listen.

Deadradio

I used to see Chevelle way back in little bars around the Point #1 days. I was hoping they would evolve like Tool and write really long songs. I'm from Chicago and it was dissapointing to see them go more in a mainstream direction. The new album is better than the last though. Cool guys too if you ever get the chance to meet them.

PhiberOptiks

Quote from: White Pwny on Mar 16, 2007, 12:26 PM
Quote from: PhiberOptiks on Mar 16, 2007, 07:37 AM

I can post the link again for Vena Sera leak.  It is an awesome CD.

Thanks you, but im old fasioned and will wait till the album is released at the record store next to my house on the release date. thanks though.

Hidalgo

they all have EMO haircuts now, lookin like a bunch of morons. and they dress emo now too, it's pathetic, hahah.i lost a lot of respect for them now, jumpin on the emo haircut trend to sell records. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK!

Hidalgo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwYIztlxm5M

hahahah, look at them haircuts! jump on that bandwagon boys!

White Pwny

Quote from: Hidalgo on Jun 04, 2007, 04:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwYIztlxm5M

hahahah, look at them haircuts! jump on that bandwagon boys!

Their hair isn't like that now.... and if you bash a band simply because of their hair..  I would suggest you are the weak one..    Their music isn't much different from Vena Sera than it was on Wonder What's Next, so I would hardly call them sellouts.

This was just a few weeks ago.... Don't look too Emo to me! 

Hidalgo

nah, that's still emo, combing the sides forward like that. hahah

hey, they still make halfway decent tunes, it's just embarrassing that they all of a sudden look emo. like papa roach. hah wow... (only papa roach never made a decent song ever). i'm certainly not gonna watch them pull something this hilarious & sit by & not say anthing. shamefull

nice scarf by the way

and nice tight low cut girls pants

White Pwny

Quote from: Hidalgo on Jun 04, 2007, 07:43 PM
nah, that's still emo, combing the sides forward like that. hahah

hey, they still make halfway decent tunes, it's just embarrassing that they all of a sudden look emo. like papa roach. hah wow... (only papa roach never made a decent song ever)

nice scarf by the way

and nice tight low cut girls pants

Gimme a break.   Embarrassing?   LOL!  Do you have to go out in public with Pete?  I would say it's doubtful.  So why so embarrassing?!?   If the music is still good... why do you give a fuck what they look like?  LAMEZOR!

Hidalgo

because they just now starded dressin like that, & it just has FRAUD written all over it. so now you're emo huh? bahahah surrrrrrrrre

hey guys, see look at us we really are emo, see the girl's pants, eyeliner & haircuts? are we cool now?

they knew nu-metal was dying, so instead of being themselves & lookin the same as always, the jumped on the bandwagon, like a bunch of clowns. just makes me lose respect for them. be yourselves guys

imagine if deftones went with the emo look out of nowhere, how retarded would that be. i'd still listen to them, but you better believe i'd call them out on it & make fun of them for tryin to fit the latest trend. would never happen though, they won't sell themselves out like clowns to fit a trend

do you have an emo haircut or something? is that why you're defending this pathetic attempt to stay relevent by chevelle?