Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

died20times

you like the coalfield? damn, i haven't listened to them for a while. pretty good stuff. shroud cast over and destiny are ace. the others, i will look into. i ordered these on friday...

glass casket - we are gathered here today
remembering never - women and children die first
scars of tomorrow - rope tied to the trigger
the bowels of judas - broken jaws, smile crooked
it dies today - forever scorned
.hopesfall - no wings to speak of
a stained glass romance ep
and preordered the new judas cradle album

i have most of these on my computer already but i'd rather have originals.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"you like the coalfield? damn, i haven't listened to them for a while. pretty good stuff. shroud cast over and destiny are ace. the others, i will look into. i ordered these on friday...

I don't know if i like them. The 5 bands i just mentioned, i've only heard 1 one song per band. But i think i like 'em all. From what i've heard they sound awesome.

a stained glass romance ep (i really like it)
remembering never - women and children die first (need to listen to it a bit more)
scars of tomorrow - rope tied to the trigger (like the other album better. Can't remember the name, it has 9 songs)

P.S
I love original cd's. i only buy the cd's because of the booklets and the art. :) And it's allways a bonus if the lyrics are in it.

Paint Your Lips

[edit] - [woops!!!]  :oops:

Anghellic

hey this is my first post in this thread, so i'm gonna cover what i can. first off, a good all around metal/hardcore news/dates website is //www.smnnnews.com

Also: as you all know by now, other than being a HUGE deftones fan, i'm a HUGE 18 visions fan, so this is for anyone else who may enjoy their music.

May 18th 2004, their new album "Obsession" will hit stores.  Its going to be everything 18 Visions represents plus more, so I would recommend it.  Also there is a Guns n Roses tribute CD coming out that is a bunch of hardcore bands covering all these G&R songs, I don't know what to think of it yet.  So there ya go, thats my first post in this thread...woohoo

<3 ryan

Paint Your Lips

Let me ruin it for you.  :wink:

The link doesn't work. :D

And, i've only heard 18 visions album: "vanity" which was a fucking bore. Listened to it a few times then deleted it.

But, maybe i'll check out the Guns 'n' roses tribute cd.

Welcome to the Hardcore Topic. 8)

Anghellic

just for shits and giggles lets try it again, and if not...your lazy ass will have to type it in your browser...

//www.smnnews.com

Vanity definately doesn't compare to previous eighteen visions albums like 'Until The Ink Runs Out' or 'Best Of' so you might consider checking those out.  Yeah, G&R tribute could be good, depending on how they change up the songs.  I know 18v does 'Paradise City' and others on it are WOJ, A7X (i think) umm...i dont know i cant remember right now, but its all good.  Trustkill just put out a compilation for their 10 year anniversary i guess.  Its four bucks, if you got to the trustkill site you can get it.  Its got like old stuff from trustkill bands, and some new unrelease 18v and some others.  I just ordered last night so...i'm excited for it

Gaz

18 Visions fucking rock, they are one of my fav bands, yeah Vanity is a contrast to their older stuff, but it still rocks in my opinion.

Paint Your Lips

I'm getting obsessed with Poison The Well!!

I'm listen to:
Distance Only Makes The Heart Grow Fonder
Tear From The Red
You Come Before You

And in a minute i'm gonna download:
The Opposite Of December... A Season Of Seperation

Fucking brilliant stuff. I'm totally in love with this band.  :D

In about two weeks i'm gonna buy their cd's! Can't wait.

subject

hey anghellic, welcome 8)
i also luv eighteen visions. nothing theyv'e done beats untill the ink runs out, in my opinion. i also luv their early ep's and im looking real forward to their forthcoming, i hope it turns out alot better then vanity.
what other bands are you into?

BigDave

Quote from: "[Tribal"]I'm getting obsessed with Poison The Well!!

I'm listen to:
Distance Only Makes The Heart Grow Fonder
Tear From The Red
You Come Before You

And in a minute i'm gonna download:
The Opposite Of December... A Season Of Seperation

Fucking brilliant stuff. I'm totally in love with this band.  :D

In about two weeks i'm gonna buy their cd's! Can't wait.

Dude, dont tell me your only just getting opposite of december, dude, DUDE!!!

I listened to you come before you the other day, im ever so slowly getting into.  It took me a year to get into faith no more, now theyre one of my fave bands, so you never know.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "BigDave"Dude, dont tell me your only just getting opposite of december, dude, DUDE!!!

I listened to you come before you the other day, im ever so slowly getting into.  It took me a year to get into faith no more, now theyre one of my fave bands, so you never know.

I know i'm slow as hell.

I've had You Come Before You a long time now, i just decided to check out the other Albums/EP today.

And i fucking love 'em!!!

BigDave

Opposite of december is one of the best albums I own, in my top 10.  You come before you doesnt touch it, apart from the production, and maybe the length, I see nothing wrong with the album.

died20times

they're all great albums, you come before you is just my fav.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "died20times"they're all great albums

I agree!

But i must admit, Tear From Red is my favorite at the moment.

I really like all of them, there's just something really awesome about Tear From Red that gets to me.  :D

died20times

son of the mourning

found these guys while browsing through hxcmp3.com. i like it!

BigDave

Tear from the red is the first one I bought, straight after I heard Botchla, so in a way its my fave, especially with Parks and what you meant to me, thats one of the best songs Ive ever heard, still.

Anghellic

i'm really into A7X, 18v, PTW, WALLS OF FUCKING JERICHO!!! um...atreyu is decent, their stuff before suicide notes is better, umm i could go on and on with hardcore bands, then i like alot of straight up metal, then i go to bands like deftones, incubus, blindside, etc etc...i'm kind of all over the spectrum, and thats the way i like it

Anghellic

hey. i just found this out. apparently Ken (drummer of 18v) has moved to play guitar along side Keith, and they have brought in a new drummer.  i'm not sure who it is, but...they wrote Vanity with 2 guitarists (the one who left being the singer of Bleeding Through) and Vanity didn't turn out all that great. So...lets hope 'Obsession' turns out better with 2 guitarists.

BigDave

I saw A7X on saturday.  They played Eternal Rest.  I came.

DefUnNorma428

Between the Buried and Me is my new love...omg...orgasmo of a cd