Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Your Lips

And if anyone could recommend a band similar to The Chariot, raw, aggressive and pretty straight up, I'd be greatful.

bright lights, big city

lastfm recommends Oh, Sleeper among others

Oh, Sleeper - The Finisher

More like The Bled or Norma Jean, IMO

I suggest blindly downloading this though. I always thought The Gentleman Homicide has some similarities to The Chariot. They only released one album before disbanding:
http://www.mediafire.com/?luzy5mnjzme
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Paint Your Lips

Oh, Sleeper reminds me of Underoath rather than The Chariot. I'm basically looking for something without clean vocals and cookie monster growls. I don't know, I was hoping something similar to The Chariot would be easy to find.

And I have the "Understanding the words we speak" album by The Gentlemen Homicide. Bought it ages ago. Love it.

Deftones-argentina

Dead & divine; think Letlive+Everytime I die and something really heavy. By the way, Here's a Song with Jason from letlive:

Dead and Divine- Carcinoma [Featurin Jason Butler of Letlive] (Lyrics)

Paint Your Lips

lukas989, I know Botch and all the "classics", I'm looking for some more obscure acts.

Deftones-argentina, sounds good, man. Too bad about the clean vocals, though.

Deftones-argentina

Maybe Harkonen? (but that's almost a classic, and if not, a cult band). Riley from thrice recommends a lot of good bands towards that musical vein, maybe you should check his blog: www.hermitology.com

Paint Your Lips

I dig Harkonen. And i'll check out the site right away. Thanks, man.

Let me expand my search to: New great metalcore bands. I'm open to anything.

And what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Oldnewtype

Saw some bands I never really heard at the All Stars Tour. After the Burial blew me away, got one of the guitar players to sign my phone. Attila was really good too. and of course BoO and IWABO put on an amazing show.

Oldnewtype

oh and I've been digging White Arms of Athena, they sound alot like between the buried and me.

bright lights, big city

ATB is incredible. Their last album took awhile for me to get into, but all 3 of their albums are great. Corey and I have been giving them blow jobs on here for years.
You guys know of Scarlet, right? I've been listening to them A LOT again lately.

Another good band is Breakdown of Sanity from Switzerland. They're a more deathy metalcore, and the album that came out this year was really good.

Breakdown of Sanity- When Silence Breaks {NEW SONG}

I've also gotta recommend one of my favorite bands, another European one- The Destiny Program. Definitely more melodic than the other bands posted here. They sound a lot like older Poison the Well.

to embrace beauty
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Paint Your Lips

Could you guys not use acronyms? who are IWABO and BoO, and ATB?

bright lights, big city, Destiny, well, now called Destiny Program, I have to great albums by them. And yeah, Scarlet were pretty good.

Keep dropping names, i'll gladly check 'em out.

Oldnewtype

Sorry, I'm used to everyone knowing about these guys already.

IWABO = iwrestledabearonce

iwrestledabearonce - You know that ain't them dogs' real voices (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

BoO = Born of Osiris

Born Of Osiris - Recreate

ATB = After the Burial

After The Burial - Berserker

BTBAM = Between the Buried and Me

Between The Buried And Me -06- Swim To The Moon- Live 1-09-10 Atlanta, Ga Masquerade BTBAM

bright lights, big city

the new Born of Osiris is probably my favorite metal album of 2011. theprp gave a solid review to that White Arms of Athena, so I checked them out. And holy shit you weren't kidding with the BTBAM similarities. I like it.
DERP

bright lights, big city

Most of these bands we're recommending are assuming you've gotten into deathcore/death metal/etc. Because what I used to think of as hardcore or metalcore, I haven't really gotten anything new in a couple years.

Depths - Of Nothing

Burning The Masses "Immersed Entity"
DERP

Paint Your Lips

iwrestledabearonce I knew of and BTBAM I know and love.

Depths sounded pretty awesome musically, vocally, i'm just not getting the cookie monster growl. Maybe someday.

Thanks for trying, guys. Perhaps, i'm just too old school. I don't know...

Jani

Paint Your Lips

I've gone through the first 25 pages of this thread and found a butt loud of great albums (will compile a list later).

First ! I need help finding an album ! I'm usually quite capable of finding albums, but not this one, SO PLEASE HELP !

The Aurora - Leave a light on

I can't find shit about them. Hope you can help, guys. 

Oldnewtype

I've been really digging Attila lately, I never heard them before I was here sunday:

Attila - Soda In The Watercup into Payback and Rage (live) Pensacola, Florida
(im in the white adidas hat, our drummer in the ugly yellow hat)

Now I fucking love these guys, Been listening to Outlawed alot and just got Soundtrack to a Party.

bright lights, big city

haha I remember seeing their lead singer on MTV's Made. I've always liked how heavy they were. But I honestly got tired of the vocals, especially when he does his pseudo-rap-nu-metal.
DERP