Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry_Curls

if you don't like them...it's all gravy. Glad that we have something in common. Yes, Saetia and FBTMOF pwns.

And Tribals, thanks for the welcome :)
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "Jerry_Curls"And Tribals, thanks for the welcome :)

It's Tribal without the "s". :wink:

hehe, and no problem, it's great to see more hardcore fans on here.

I've decided that i will spend: 100 dollars on hardcore cd's/dvd's tomorrow, i'm making a list just now. :D

Jerry_Curls

ARgg...'tis was a spelling error. Sorry :(
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

onlythclouds

Quote from: "died20times"Solid State Tour - Norma Jean, Haste The Day, Underoath, Beloved, and Dead Poetic

4/08 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero

i will be there...htd and beloved are two of my fav bands....

is underoath any good, ive been meaning to check them out

died20times

yea, underoath rocks. i'm not sure about the new stuff they are working on right now with their new vocalist but i am a fan of all their previous stuff. check out "the changing of time" when you get a chance and decide for yourself. it's their latest album and i love it.

onlythclouds

Quote from: "died20times"yea, underoath rocks. i'm not sure about the new stuff they are working on right now with their new vocalist but i am a fan of all their previous stuff. check out "the changing of time" when you get a chance and decide for yourself. it's their latest album and i love it.

ill def check it out..thanks

Anghellic

H.I.M is going out a small stretch of dates in the U.S. with 'Kill Hannah' as direct support.  Here is some dates...

Apr. 15 - New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
Apr. 16 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts
Apr. 17 - Asbury Park, NJ - Paramount Theatre (Skate And Surf Fest)
Apr. 18 - Boston, MA - Middle East (w/ EIGHTEEN VISIONS)
Apr. 22 - Cleveland, OH - Odeon
Apr. 24 - Detroit, MI - Majestic Theater
Apr. 25 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
Apr. 30 - Seattle, WA - Graceland

The main reason I posted this is because 18 Visions is on a date with them...which I found...interesting.  Anways...there ya go.

<3 ryan

onlythclouds

just dl underoath - the changing of times

it is really fuckin good the solid state tour is gonna kick so much ass

i suggest you guys check out haste the day...//www.hastetheday.com

thhey have a new song up on the site, but ive got their first ep...a very good band

HeyVanity

Quote from: "[Tribal"]
Quote from: "died20times"i like Thursday damnit!  :x

Me too, i have two of their albums. I just don't want Norma Jean to sound like them. :D

Word.

If Norma Jean...if they..what the..I dunno.

:cry:

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "HeyVanity"Word.

If Norma Jean...if they..what the..I dunno.

:cry:
There there ...

I'm sure it's gonna work out just fine ... We just have to hope, and pray ...
*sobs*

Well, if they DO go emo, i'm just glad i've found bands like:
A Shroud Cast Over
And
Wings Of Scarlet, so they can take over.

died20times

i don't think norma jean will ever end up sounding like thursday. only thing i'm worried about is their new vocalist sounding like shit. i'm seeing them on the 27th next month so we'll see.

died20times

wings of scarlet own. before the great collapse is great.

metalcore

HeyVanity

Well the mention of From A Second Story Window amazed me, and since they're awesome and they're really cool guys, I urge you all to check them out.

The guy I know the best, Joe, once swallowed a fish to see if it would still be alive when he puked it back up, it was, so he tried it again, and once again it was still alive when he puked it back up. It it still his pet.  :shock:

died20times

fassw is great. not one word has been ommited is fuckin brutal. they packed more metal into a 5 song ep than most hardcore/metalcore bands release in a full length. they have one outstanding live set too.

btw, love the sig. blood brothers own.

HeyVanity

Yeah fassw tears shit up live, they're really good. Unfortunately for their west coast dates they're not getting paid, but it's getting them more and more recognition.

And thank you.  :D

DefUnNorma428

yea fassw rips i cant wait to get the EP....

HeyVanity

Another good local band is If Looks Could Kill.

www.iflookscouldkill.net

Go there and open the e-card and give them a listen, I think you would enjoy. Dollar Shots at Melrose is a really awesome song. They put on a good live show too. I'm uh, dating the singer (not the screamer but the singer), but I swear I'm not biased. They're just damn good. That's all!

died20times

i like it. theres is only a few emocore bands that i can really stand and i can add this band to that list. thanks for the tip.  :D

HeyVanity

no problemo. :D

There's only two songs and the recording isn't the best (they're not signed) but they're goin into the studio later this month to record so there should be more to hear of them pretty soon.

onlythclouds

im listening to more and more hardcore lately, and i like it more and more
i used to hate the whole genre, now im listeming to so much its hard to take it all in

oh, im listening to fassw, good shit  also can anyone reccomend some stuff by Across 5 Aprils, or know where i can find it