Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malpractice

i forgot Agnostic Front are pretty good too

also got to give it up to
KCUF

died20times

Quote from: "kisseveryscar"ok since this is the "hardcore" topic i should post this

west hollywood at the whisky
March 4

TERROR
The Promise
Shattered Realm
Dying Memory

if you really like good hardcore music and you live in California DONT MISS THIS SHOW!!!

yea i'm seeing shattered realm (they fuckin shred live) with remembering never, on broken wings, from a second story window. should be an awesome show.

kisseveryscar

on broken wings might not be going..i went to see them with As I Lay Dying and they didnt show up
they are having financial problems..they might show up depending on their financial situation

died20times

well that blows. hopefully they can manage to get back on their feet before the tour starts.

Edwin

Quote from: "[Tribal"]i just love this genre.

i thought you didnt believe in genres

baha!

kisseveryscar

Quote from: "died20times"well that blows. hopefully they can manage to get back on their feet before the tour starts.

yeah well i dont want to risk it again..i have 12 dollars  and its for the Terror show..i dont want to waste my money on the remembering never tour and On broken wings doesnt show up again..i would be so mad

died20times

the tour doesn't start till next month, so we'll see what happens. have you heard any of that new walls of jericho album? looking to see if it has leaked yet, but no luck.

kisseveryscar

nope .i havent heard anything new..it didnt leak yet..it will .it always does..ill probably post somethin if it does
let me know if you find anything
Trustkill will have some new songs up soon

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "Edwin"
Quote from: "[Tribal"]i just love this genre.

i thought you didnt believe in genres

baha!

Nice one, dude. You caught me there.  :oops:

Damn, i love making this topic cuz i always see tons of bandnames i don't know and i have soooo many bands to check out now. Thanks guys!  :mrgreen:

subject

Quote from: "SystemOfaDeftone6969"-Minor Threat
-Bad Brains
-Will Haven
-Vision Of Disorder
-Glassjaw (in a way)
-Far From Within ( :D )
-Earth Crisis
-Strife
-Madball
-Hatebreed
-Sworn Enemy (some songs i like)
-Northside Kings
-Candiria
-Blood Simple
-Snapcase
-Refused
-Dillinger Escape Plan
-Blood Brothers
-Throwdown
-Poison The Well (not a huge fan though)

some other bands border on the hardcore line too that i like Far,Deftones,Soulfly,Snot,AFI etc.
that has to be the most incorrect list of hardcore bands iv'e ever seen :twisted:

subject

Oldnewtype

Devildriver
Dry Kill Logic
Shadows Fall
Lamb Of God
Killswitch Engage
The Hope Conspiracy
Dillenger Escape Plan
Cradle Of Filth
Norma Jean (When they were Luti-Kriss)

subject

Quote from: "Oldnewtype"
Devildriver
Dry Kill Logic
Shadows Fall
Lamb Of God
Killswitch Engage
Cradle Of Filth
i hope your joking :? and get that freak manson out of my face :evil:

died20times

Quote from: "subject to violence"
-Bad Brains
-Will Haven
-Vision Of Disorder
-Glassjaw (in a way)
-Earth Crisis
-Strife
-Madball
-Hatebreed
-Northside Kings
-Candiria
-Blood Simple
-Snapcase
-Refused
-Dillinger Escape Plan
-Blood Brothers
-Throwdown

some other bands border on the hardcore line too that i like Far,Deftones,Soulfly,Snot,AFI etc.
that has to be the most incorrect list of hardcore bands iv'e ever seen :twisted:

incorrect as in not good or incorrect as in not hardcore? excluding blood brothers (they still rock), they are hardcore. mostly a buncha "tough guy" hardcore bands, something im not a very big fan of. vod, will haven, and sworn enemy rock though. refused's "shape of punk to come" is outsanding too. forgot to mention them on my list.

Oldnewtype

Devildriver
Dry Kill Logic
Shadows Fall
Lamb Of God
Killswitch Engage
Cradle Of Filth
i hope your joking :?
and i hope you die of cancer you shit-eating child fucker

subject

Quote from: "died20times"
-Bad Brains
-Will Haven
-Vision Of Disorder
-Glassjaw (in a way)
-Earth Crisis
-Strife
-Madball
-Hatebreed
-Northside Kings
-Candiria
-Blood Simple
-Snapcase
-Refused
-Dillinger Escape Plan
-Blood Brothers
-Throwdown

incorrect as in not good or incorrect as in not hardcore? excluding blood brothers (they still rock), they are hardcore. mostly a buncha "tough guy" hardcore bands, something im not a very big fan of. vod, will haven, and sworn enemy rock though. refused's "shape of punk to come" is outsanding too. forgot to mention them on my list.
yeah, there's a few hc bands in there like dillinger, ptw and so forth but minor threat are a straight up punk band, will haven are a metalcore band and a few tuffcore. dont worry about it im just beeing picky :roll: i get like that sometimes but oldnewtypes list is no exception - cradle of filth, yeah real fukin hardcore  :lol:

subject

Devildriver
Dry Kill Logic
Shadows Fall
Lamb Of God
Killswitch Engage
Cradle Of Filth
i hope your joking :?
and i hope you die of cancer you shit-eating child fucker
nice one :wink:

died20times

most of the good hardcore bands coming out these days are considered metalcore. 99% of the bands from everyone's lists are metalcore. ptw, norma jean, etc. all metalcore bands man.

subject

Quote from: "died20times"most of the good hardcore bands coming out these days are considered metalcore. 99% of the bands from everyone's lists are metalcore. its still hardcore dude.
i guess we gonna have to agree to disagree :wink:

died20times

Quote from: "died20times"most of the good hardcore bands coming out these days are considered metalcore. 99% of the bands from everyone's lists are metalcore. its still hardcore dude.
i guess we gonna have to agree to disagree :wink:

i guess so man.  :roll: