Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Hardcore, Metalcore, Grindcore, Screamo

Started by Paint Your Lips, Jan 13, 2004, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

Quote from: "kisseveryscar"the new Evergreen Terrace is now on mirc.GET THIS ALBUM
its great
its all cover songs

Sunday Bloody Sunday (U2)
Mad World (Tears for Fears)  Mad World with brakedowns is brilliant haha
The Kids Aren't Alright (Offspring)
Zero (Smashing Pumpkins)
Dying Degree (Nofx)
and more...

awesome, gonna get this today  :D

Teddy

died20times

Quote from: "kisseveryscar"yeah its alot of fun man
"maniac" made my day.
i knew this was coming.someone had to cover this song with hardcore
haha its great

lol the acoustic piece at the very end is pretty humerous. they go from "every rose has its thorn" to drowning pool's "bodies" to the spongebob squarepants intro. haha. even though its just a cover song album, you can really tell evergreen terrace are stepping up their game. vocals are a lot cleaner and the production on this cd is the best they've had to date. hope we get some new material from these guys some time soon.

BigDave

They are an excellent band, hope they tour the UK soon.

V.important question:

Im going to a pretty decent HMV tomorrow where they have a lot of albums I really want, when Im there shall I pick up one of Petitioning the empty sky or when forever comes crashing, ir shall I wait for the re-releases?

BigDave

I bought Cave In's - When your hear stops or something like that, dissapointing.  Ive heard the first 5 or so songs then it runs out of steam, shame.

died20times

Quote from: "BigDave"I bought Cave In's - When your hear stops or something like that, dissapointing.  Ive heard the first 5 or so songs then it runs out of steam, shame.

damn thats a suprise. i always loved that cd and thought of it as one of the best metalcore albums to date. ah oh well. it's better then that alt rock crap they put out recently, thats for damn sure.

BigDave

Quote from: "died20times"
Quote from: "BigDave"I bought Cave In's - When your hear stops or something like that, dissapointing.  Ive heard the first 5 or so songs then it runs out of steam, shame.

damn thats a suprise. i always loved that cd and thought of it as a milestone metalcore album. ah oh well. it's better then that alt rock crap they put out recently, thats for damn sure.

Thats why I was dissapointed because I had read that many times, I'll probably give it another listen later

subject

interesting hardcore band - the james dean trio.
they remind me of zao or socity's finest and they litualy look like a bunch clowns but their music is great.
http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/809/

oh, and did anyone check out The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza?
i think their one of the most intense hardcore bands iv'e herd, fukin insain.
http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/946/

kisseveryscar

from theprp.com

Former Norma Jean vocalist Josh Scogin has resurfaced in the The Chariot, music and more can be found at www.thechariot.com.

BigDave

Quote from: "kisseveryscar"from theprp.com

Former Norma Jean vocalist Josh Scogin has resurfaced in the The Chariot, music and more can be found at www.thechariot.com.

Yea I read that, shame.  Theres a burnt by the sun styled bamd called chariots not too far from my town.

died20times

Quote from: "BigDave"
Quote from: "kisseveryscar"from theprp.com

Yea I read that, shame.  Theres a burnt by the sun styled bamd called chariots not too far from my town.

i just gave their song a listen. overall i'm not to impressed. medicore sound and really doesn't keep my interest. it sounds alright for a basement recording and the piano effects are cool but josh was just better off in norma jean.

uncalm

I don't really like the chariot song eitehr.

subject

:lol: some funny shit on the metalcore/hardcore subject. it's sad to see people trying thier very best to talk about something they have no clue of - ignorance to it's fullist degree. im under the name ThirtyCalledArson by the way and you dont need to register to post, check it out.
http://www.pahardcore.com/boards/topic.cfm?all=1&topic_id=114985&forum_id=15&Topic_Title=nu%2Dhardcore%20is%20to%20hardcore%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E&forum_title=All%20things%20METAL%20%5Cm%2F&M=0&s=1&startrow=1

BigDave

Gaz

Nu Hardcore?  :roll:

What a dumb fuck

BigDave

No, we're the dumb fucks for not "opening our eyes and seeing it"

died20times

dude that guy is a fuckwad. nu-hardcore?  :?  what a crock of shit.

subject

hahaha :lol: check this one out then, he describes norma jean as a nu-metal band :lol: man, if only i could see this guy in person, i'll destroy him. he's bassicly describing a load of metalic hardcore and metalcore bands and sticking them in his own made up genre :roll:

anesthesia

Quote from: "skooks"Some peoples definition of hardcore is fucking weird.

American Nightmare, anyone?

i know what you mean. alot of these people list alot of metal and metalcore as hardcore. but died20times is right, alot of traditional hardcore bores me.

died20times

Quote from: "anesthesia"
Quote from: "skooks"Some peoples definition of hardcore is fucking weird.

American Nightmare, anyone?

i know what you mean. alot of these people list alot of metal and metalcore as hardcore. but died20times is right, alot of traditional hardcore bores me.

haha yea. don't get me wrong, i still like traditional core. gang vocals, 2 step parts, i love it. i would just much rather have a vicious breakdown instead.