Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Grand Theft Auto IV

Started by jbmp1390, Jun 11, 2006, 09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbmp1390

I can't wait for this game to come out. It' gonna kick so much ass.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Moz La Punk

Could be great, but GTA San Andreas was the first game in the series where I thought: alright, now it gets boring. That game was soulles. Big surroundings are OK but it needs more innovation and more fun now. Hope GTAIV will bring that.

You can always buy Saints Row to silence your thirst for GTA-style game.

black coffee

gta 3 was great, gta vice city was maybe even better, but after that i was also kind of disappointed with san andreas. of course, you can do lots of stuff with your character, but i think that doesn't matter when the game itself is weaker and the jobs are overall funnier in gta3 and vice city.

jbmp1390

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jun 13, 2006, 11:13 AM
Could be great, but GTA San Andreas was the first game in the series where I thought: alright, now it gets boring. That game was soulles. Big surroundings are OK but it needs more innovation and more fun now. Hope GTAIV will bring that.

Saints Row looks pretty good but I don't have my xbox 360 yet. I won't get it for a few months.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

hydroponic82

i love theses types of games.  will saints row ever be released ? what about scarface? your the yoda of gaming.

"fair questions i ask indeed.."

Moz La Punk

Saints Row is slated for the end of the summer, same as Scarface, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that last one... there are only few movie-licensed games that are actually of a quality that doesn't make you want to scrab your eyeballs out.

hydroponic82

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Jun 20, 2006, 08:37 PM
there are only few movie-licensed games that are actually of a quality that doesn't make you want to scrab your eyeballs out.

my fav. movie to game adaptation.

i dont know man, scarface looks like alot of fun. i last read that it wasnt coming to 360 though...i still hope taxi driver gets released also.

lithium royalty

so thats a countdown for the trailer?

cyppe101

Moz La Punk

Fireal1222

gta3.. i fucking love that game so much it hurts inside... the cities were absolutely perfect, and the graphics were so far ahead of there time.

now, with this new gtaIV. i heard its supposed to be so in depth. that in some missions, you take the highway, and actually have to drive mad long, and take the right exits.

i cant wait

i agree, san andreas did get boring to me after a while, i never completed it

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Sam

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 03, 2007, 07:04 PM

now, with this new gtaIV. i heard its supposed to be so in depth. that in some missions, you take the highway, and actually have to drive mad long, and take the right exits.

I can't even take the right exits in real life and they expect people to do it on a game? fuck.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Sam on Mar 03, 2007, 07:57 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 03, 2007, 07:04 PM

I can't even take the right exits in real life and they expect people to do it on a game? fuck.

considering in the game you could take the highway, and fucking turn around, and crash ur car about 400 times before u get to the place.. that seems fair

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Uno

with the heart of gold... to have and to hold.

Mike21

GTA3 was awesome.  GTA VC was good, but it felt like a slightly worse GTA3.  GTA SA was basically GTA3, GTA VC, with massively improved controls.

Hope GTA 4 will be sexy.  I want them to improve the fist fighting a lot more though.  I'm not expecting Virtua Fighter, but making it less shallow would be cool.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

GTA 4 is going to use the Euphoria physics engine...which means HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bKphYfUk-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae3fgj2x1aI

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Oh, because I mention physics everyone leaves the thread.

Jerks.

That engine is revolutionary.

Mike21

Err, I'm sure it is.  Physics are the thing which are going to make games more realistic in the future.  Graphics have almost peaked, all that's left for games to accomplish is to make games feel real, and react realistically.  Physics and AI are the future of games.

Crazylegs