Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What are you eating? thread

Started by greencard, Jul 06, 2006, 01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

there once was a time when i would totally try that. but whoa that even made me throw up a little.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Feb 18, 2009, 01:05 AM

Skyline Chili.

ugh.. my girl is from ohio and made me "chili" once it was nasty. it had cinnamon in it. thats just wrong. and it was used as more of a topping on pasta...weird. here chili is a bowl full of spicy meat and beans.

Crazylegs

i'm enjoying some chilinuts 

goldpony

Quote from: devlin on Mar 03, 2009, 02:39 AM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Feb 18, 2009, 01:05 AM

Skyline Chili.

ugh.. my girl is from ohio and made me "chili" once it was nasty. it had cinnamon in it. thats just wrong. and it was used as more of a topping on pasta...weird. here chili is a bowl full of spicy meat and beans.

yeah, thats how we roll in OH. truthfully, nobody really considers that chili in ohio. we usually classify it as cincinnatti style "chili", everything else is chili. and its the bomb on pasta with some cheddar cheese. theres chocalate in it too!
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

bright lights, big city

damn. chocolate and cinnamon don't belong in meatsauce/chilli. ick.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Deadradio

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 03, 2009, 08:57 PM
damn. chocolate and cinnamon don't belong in meatsauce/chilli. ick.

pickles

greenbug23

chili should just have meat and sauce no beans or chocolate..... Thats true chilli

shine down unshy

greenbug23

lithium

💩

greenbug23

bright lights, big city

DERP

defTHE1s

Quote from: greenbug23 on Mar 04, 2009, 12:48 AM
chili should just have meat and sauce no beans or chocolate..... Thats true chilli
that's what i think also...

with beans maybe, but with chocolate? we call it "Mole"... and it's delicious!!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

devilinside

greenbug23

Quote from: devilinside on Mar 04, 2009, 08:11 PM
left over corned beef hash

mmmmm corned beef hash!!!!mmmmmm mole !!!! Im getting hungry  :P

pissedandpierced

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

whodunit?

I recently tried maple syrup. It's hard to find here in Poland, and even then it's ridiculously expensive. I'm fuckin' in love with the taste, but paying about $11 a bottle (250 ml) is absolutely nuts.

what's the price in the US and Canada?

goldpony

Quote from: whodunit? on Mar 05, 2009, 10:25 PM
I recently tried maple syrup. It's hard to find here in Poland, and even then it's ridiculously expensive. I'm fuckin' in love with the taste, but paying about $11 a bottle (250 ml) is absolutely nuts.

about the same, though the going rate is about 6 bucks for an average syrup (and i live in syrup producing state). ive seen bottles go for $20-30. Wait till you try maple candy (especially if its made the real way)...soooooooo good. I refuse to eat the fake stuff unless i'm having pancakes at a restaurant and even then i have to force it down.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

whodunit?

Quote from: goldpony on Mar 05, 2009, 10:35 PM
Quote from: whodunit? on Mar 05, 2009, 10:25 PM

about the same, though the going rate is about 6 bucks for an average syrup (and i live in syrup producing state). ive seen bottles go for $20-30. Wait till you try maple candy (especially if its made the real way)...soooooooo good. I refuse to eat the fake stuff unless i'm having pancakes at a restaurant and even then i have to force it down.

is maple syrup over honey in the US?

because it tastes a lil bit like buckwheat honeys, one of the best. Polish use and love honey but it's way chepaer than maple syrup. and there's only one shop in the city where I can buy maple syrup.