Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

mewithoutyou - sept 26th

Started by skinnypuppy, Jul 09, 2006, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skinnypuppy

I know there are some mwY fans here, so I thought I'd tell you their new album "brother, sister" is coming out sept 26th. Aaron, the vocalist, said he thinks this new album is going to alienate all the fans that want them to be more agressive like their first cd (A to B Life) since there's no distortion on any of the songs, and there's a lot more singing. I've heard about 4 new songs, and I can safely say the new material is the best they've ever done; with or without distortion or agression.

Here's one of the new songs that they played at cornerstone last week:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tydyAo_f3WI&search=mewithoutyou

Paint Your Lips

I heard one new song, a live clip on Youtube, don't remember the name, but it was beautiful as hell. Of course i'd love it if they went back to their more agressive style (a to b life), but i have to remember they are also amazing when they go soft (ex: Son of a Widow, beautiful song that can make me get chills).

Hope the album leaks soon ... Can't wait to hear it. This is indeed an amazing band.

Azwethinkweiz

I'm always hearing good things about this band, but i've never heard anything by them.

Any chance you could upload some of their albums, skinnypuppy?

defskull

January 1979 was such a good song but I felt the rest of their latest cd didn't sound as great as that song.  Still, I'm interested in what they are going to do next.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: defskull on Jul 10, 2006, 06:49 PM
January 1979 was such a good song but I felt the rest of their latest cd didn't sound as great as that song.  Still, I'm interested in what they are going to do next.
My favorite songs on that album are: "The Sovjet", "My Exit, Unfair", Four Word Letter, Pt 2", "Paper Hanger" and the amazing "Son of a Widow".

skinnypuppy

once I get home, I'll upload their two albums and one ep. I personally hated their last CD, but now it's one of my favorite albums ever made.

defskull

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 09, 2006, 09:41 PM
I know there are some mwY fans here, so I thought I'd tell you their new album "brother, sister" is coming out sept 26th. Aaron, the vocalist, said he thinks this new album is going to alienate all the fans that want them to be more agressive like their first cd (A to B Life) since there's no distortion on any of the songs, and there's a lot more singing. I've heard about 4 new songs, and I can safely say the new material is the best they've ever done; with or without distortion or agression.

Here's one of the new songs that they played at cornerstone last week:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tydyAo_f3WI&search=mewithoutyou

That's a great song. 

Watching the video though, they have got to be the weirdest band admitting that they are a Christian band.  Or with Christian beliefs or whatever bands want to say these days.

I think their new cd will put them into the big time.  Not sell out but be well known for making good music.

Jerry_Curls

I liked this band before and then I stopped listening to them. Now hearing this new song, it makes me feel like they are actually trying to do something with their music instead of just trying to be fashionable.

I love the fast that the singer said that even you don't believe in god, he still wants us to hear. I felt something special after listening to the song.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 13, 2006, 08:17 AM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1536124/20060711/mewithoutyou.jhtml?headlines=true
After reading that i'm really, really, REALLY excited about the new album !

I don't mind them getting softer, as long as his lyrics are ace as usual. And that video of A Seater Poorly Knit is amazing ! Loved it !

Paint Your Lips

defskull

I listened to Catch Us To Foxes (or whatever it's called) last night and I think you're right Skinnypuppy, it's a record that takes a lot of time to get into. I am starting to like it more and more.

Azwethinkweiz

I listened to the albums and I have mixed feelings.
I must say that the lyrics are wonderful and very well written.

I was a little put off by the screaming cause I wasnt expecting it at all. I thought it was a more mellow indie orientated band.

Overall, not bad at all, I just have to give the albums some more time to sink in.

skinnypuppy

first EP = almost-screamo-like band
first album = post-hardcore
second album = alternative rock
soon to be third album = possibly mellow indie / rock

the band has a lot of different genres in it. if you want more melow indie rock oriented music, listen to catch for us the foxes, their second album.

defskull

What's difficult about Catch For Us The Foxes is the music combined with Aaron's vocals.  I like both types of genres but the first few listens they don't seem to fit together that well.  It takes some time to get used to.

The new stuff I think will be really good.  That video you posted was just amazing.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: defskull on Jul 13, 2006, 07:06 PM
The new stuff I think will be really good.  That video you posted was just amazing.
I have the same feeling, man. That harpe(sp?) sounded beautiful and fit so well with the music. And why the hell do you have minus in karma, Defskull? We're gonna change that.

As Skinnypuppy mentioned, this band has a lot of diversity and different feels and genres, and i fucking love that. This band is amazing. Great vocals, lyrics, guitars, bass, thier drummer rocks ... What's not to love?

defskull

Aaron's collab on "Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste" is great as well.  I'd like to hear him guest on other band's tracks as well.  He has such an original sound.

And yeah, man that bass in "January 1979" is awesome.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: defskull on Jul 13, 2006, 08:58 PM
And yeah, man that bass in "January 1979" is awesome.
Truer words have never been spoken, haha.

Man, i gotta hear that new song again. Sounds freaking beautiful, and it's so nice he invites the people to come dance on the stage !

Man i have  a great feeling about the new album ! I want it now !