Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

mewithoutyou - sept 26th

Started by skinnypuppy, Jul 09, 2006, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skinnypuppy

I couldn't agree more. Last year, MWY was keeping my mind alive. They made me think, they made me look for more in life, they helped me understand love and human emotions and God and faith better than I had ever understood it before. I didn't think music could touch me or anyone that way...

Zevaka

Quote from: wither-I on May 09, 2008, 10:46 PM
very philosophical which i love.

and the vocal approach is perfect and couldnt be any better!

he's telling you something, loudly, prophetically and moving like a revolutionary speaker (atleast thats what i get out of it)

bless them so
btw, the way he speaks reminds me of Charles Manson in Helter Skelter movie :)

black coffee

mewithoutYou will enter the studio in August to begin recording their new album, here's what they had to say about the effort:
"the band has been working hard at writing some new music that we hope will become our new album. I think it's been going quite well and for that I am very grateful. New territory, old ideas coming back, one less member, different producer, working in Philly, learning how to play all over again, hopefully a lot of help from our friends. that's the vibe so far. As of right now anything goes down there in the basement and it's just the way I like it! we'll see where inspiration takes us this time. We are planning on beginning recording sessions at the start of August and that is that friends."

wither-I

Quote from: black coffee on May 18, 2008, 12:43 PM
mewithoutYou will enter the studio in August to begin recording their new album, here's what they had to say about the effort:
"the band has been working hard at writing some new music that we hope will become our new album. I think it's been going quite well and for that I am very grateful. New territory, old ideas coming back, one less member, different producer, working in Philly, learning how to play all over again, hopefully a lot of help from our friends. that's the vibe so far. As of right now anything goes down there in the basement and it's just the way I like it! we'll see where inspiration takes us this time. We are planning on beginning recording sessions at the start of August and that is that friends."
where did you get this? which member did they lose??

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

Quote from: wither-I on May 19, 2008, 06:50 PM

their myspace.
Christopher Kleinberg is out as far as i understand

wither-I

Quote from: bored on May 21, 2008, 05:28 AM
Quote from: wither-I on May 19, 2008, 06:50 PM

their myspace.
Christopher Kleinberg is out as far as i understand
thanx.

i need to start logging onto the ole' space more often...

its just, sharinglungs completes me now...

Zevaka

bump mewithoutYou thread.

i've upload one of the most intriguing mewithoutYou shows ever (mp3 / VBR / V0)

mewithoutyou
June 23, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Grog Shop

As will quickly become apparent when listening to this show, this was a rather unique night.
The bass player had a family emergency that day and had to fly home, so that left the band
without a rhythm section for this show, as the drummer depends on the bass to keep rhythm.
So, they played with what they had, vocals, guitar, keyboard, and minimal percussion. As
you can tell from the setlist, they played lots of unrecognizable songs, perhaps new
material on a forthcoming album? I did the best I could with it. The Grog Shop has an A/C
system on the ceiling that has vexed me in previous taping attempts. It completely ruined
one recording, pumping out a strong wind into the mics every few seconds. I learned from
that night, and thought I was in the right spot for this show, as I could not feel the air
on me at all. Well, turns out the mics picked up what I could not feel, as there is a
*slight* bit of wind noise on this recording. But, it's nothing major, and is only really
apparent between songs when there is only crowd chatter/talking. Even then, it's not too
annoying. Aaron seemed worried we would all be disappointed and would want refunds due to
the lack of loudness in the music and the corresponding "non-entertainment" we
experienced, but I don't think there was a single person in attendance who didn't enjoy the
great, unique show they put on. Enjoy!

Setlist:
1. Yellow Spider
2. talking
3. unknown song?
4. talking
5. A Glass Can Only Spill What it Contains
6. talking
7. Messes of Men
8. unknown song?
9. talking
10. January 1979
11. talking
12. unknown song?
13. Orange Spider
14. talking
15. Son of a Widow (false start/partial song)
16. talking
17. unknown song?
18. talking
19. In a Sweater Poorly Knit
20. unknown song?
21. talking
22. unknown song?
23. Brownish Spider
24. talking
25. The Dryness and the Rain
26. C-Minor
27. Sisters of Mercy (Leonard Cohen)
28. talking
29. Torches Together
30. My Exit, Unfair
31. talking
32. unknown song?

http://rapidshare.com/files/133022256/mewithoutyou_-_Cleveland__OH__Grog_Shop__2008-06-23___v0_.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/133026128/mewithoutyou_-_Cleveland__OH__Grog_Shop__2008-06-23___v0_.part2.rar

skinnypuppy

lostpilot

It is very strange to listen to this recording.. playing without bass, thoroughly.

wither-I

Quote from: bored on Jul 29, 2008, 08:37 PM
It is very strange to listen to this recording.. playing without bass, thoroughly.
i know... they rely so prominantly on the bass so it is strange to hear them without those gorgeous harmonies. im about to download that second part now. thank zev!!

wither-I

edit; i've listened to it all the way through now and this show is just so beautiful!

im really digging the unknown songs. so moving, words and all. mewithoutyou is so great i cant wait for the new material!!!

lostpilot

yeah, when I've listened to new songs I liked them really much too

skinnypuppy

I only got through one or two new songs, but those are definitely bible songs.

Aaron always has low self esteem, but it's odd hearing just how low it is in his voice. it's both endearing and sad.

lostpilot

I think he avoided singing too loud just because of the lack of drums and bass

wither-I

i know what your saying.

but then on the other hand he is SUCH a free spirit, and in being that he is most "resolved" within himself. and seems assured in his promise of God and Love. i tell you he has a good God thats the truth, not this fear based religious view, but the one jesus spoke of, as love and God whatever he is, is only a loving god and cares not wat you have done.

my belief is in everything. thats god. the higher function of the cosmos that we have yet scaved on, the compliance of energy on a supra-molecular schema.

skinnypuppy

I can openly admit that Aaron gave me a new lease on life, or rather, not Aaron, but what Aaron believes, and what he showed me through the way he lives his life.

I'm going to get "I do not exist" tattoed on my left wrist and "only You exist" on my right. Both lyrics will be entwined in a rotting tree on my left to suggest absolute surrender/sadness, while the right suggests true love in everything with a colorful blooming, full of life tree.

lostpilot

I found out there was a rare mwY self-release before, 'Blood Enough For Us All', maybe anyone of you have it?

wither-I

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 30, 2008, 04:27 PM
I can openly admit that Aaron gave me a new lease on life, or rather, not Aaron, but what Aaron believes, and what he showed me through the way he lives his life.

I'm going to get "I do not exist" tattoed on my left wrist and "only You exist" on my right. Both lyrics will be entwined in a rotting tree on my left to suggest absolute surrender/sadness, while the right suggests true love in everything with a colorful blooming, full of life tree.
wow dude thats a simply amazing idea. ive wanted to incorporate the "i do not exist" into a tattoo but that idea is just great. i mean i love it bro!

wither-I

Quote from: bored on Aug 01, 2008, 08:40 PM
I found out there was a rare mwY self-release before, 'Blood Enough For Us All', maybe anyone of you have it?
'Blood Enough For Us All'? ive never heard of this.... i gathered that  the "i never told you that i was brave" ep was their absolute earliest effort.

download?

lostpilot

yeah, I always thought 'I Never Said I Was Brave EP' was the first one, but all of the sudden this shows up..
songlist:

1. The Comfort You Give is Only Torment
2. Flamethrower (<-- even though it's on 'I Never Said.. EP' too)
3. Working in a Factory
4. There is Hope for a Tree Cut Down
5. I Dare You to Pick Someone to Fight Me (Knife)
6. A Song for Rapists

I do not know whether or not to believe this. It says there were like 50 of CDs (?) out.. I don't know.