Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

mewithoutyou - sept 26th

Started by skinnypuppy, Jul 09, 2006, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvarezbassist17

i want to hear both of those discs immediately

wither-I

i remember hearing that some of the old members of mewithoutyou (i know they've had a few escape here and there through their legacy) -had other bands so maybe thats one of the other band's offerings including the flamethrower. those song titls just dont sound like aaron.

last.fm;
The band was originally conceived as a side project. The Weiss brothers and Kleinberg were playing together in another band called The Operation (who released one album, 2001's There Is Hope for a Tree Cut Down, on Takehold Records), but Aaron wanted to start another band to experiment with new sounds. After picking up Rick Mazzotta on drums and Ray Tadeo on bass, Kleinberg and the Weiss brothers released their first EP (I Never Said That I Was Brave) in 2001 and shortly thereafter signed to Tooth & Nail Records after a show at Cornerstone Festival the same year.

Around this time Tadeo had moved on, Daniel Pishock picked up as the bass player, and The Operation disbanded soon afterward. mewithoutYou's debut full-length album, [A→B]: Life, was released in 2002. The band garnered more attention for their sophomore release, 2004's Catch for Us the Foxes, which was produced by Brad Wood (The Smashing Pumpkins, The Fire Theft). In December of 2004 Pishock had made a decision to retire as the bassist for the band and former Operation frontman, Greg Jehanian, was selected to replace him. In 2005, mewithoutYou won mtvU's "Left Field" award for most original artist. Their third album, Brother, Sister, again produced by Wood, was released on September 26th, 2006.

http://www.last.fm/music/mewithoutYou/+wiki

i dunno...

"coming into the nearness of distance"

skinnypuppy

I'm getting a copy of blood enough soon... I'll let you guys have it. don't worry. i feel sort of bad, though, since the band doesnt want anyone to really even know they existed...

Zevaka

"It's all crazy! it's all false! it's all a dream! it's alright"

1. "Cattail Down"
2. "The Fox, the Crow, & the Cookie"
3. "A Stick, a Carrot, & a String"
4. "Bullet to Binary (Pt. Two)"
5. "Timothy Hay"
6. "The Angel of Death Came to David's Room"
7. "A Fig With a Belly Ache"
8. "Goodbye, I"
9. "The Beetle King on the Coconut Estate"
10. "Every Blade of Grass"
11. "Whatever Goes, Let it Go"

tentative release date is may 19.

hooorrray

Zevaka

btw, it's the same date as dredg's new album release date

theis

lostpilot

Quote from: Zevaka on Feb 27, 2009, 05:32 PM
"It's all crazy! it's all false! it's all a dream! it's alright"

1. "Cattail Down"
5. "Timothy Hay"
8. "Goodbye, I"

hooorrray

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT.

I soooooooo need this.. May.. fucking May. :(
I love the titles, and everything :(

wither-I

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 27, 2009, 09:16 PM
Quote from: Zevaka on Feb 27, 2009, 05:32 PM
"It’s all crazy! it’s all false! it’s all a dream! it’s alright"

1. "Cattail Down"
5. "Timothy Hay"
8. "Goodbye, I"

hooorrray

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THAT.

I soooooooo need this.. May.. fucking May. :(
I love the titles, and everything :(
oh my god. im in all respects weeping as i type this. maybe im obsessed but in shear reading of this just now, i felt more emotional pleasure than most orgies of song, dance, and love can exude...

WOW. just wow.

i know you understand me :)

lostpilot

wither-I

Quote from: Zevaka on Mar 01, 2009, 06:26 PM

yaaaaaaay! im so pumped ive been blabbing to all my friends about it. they try to understand, most.

bullet to binary (pt .two) whooooo hooo :) :) :)

lostpilot

Quote from: Zevaka on Mar 01, 2009, 06:26 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
what an awesome cover.
2,5 months :o
aaa.

nonesuch

any updates on this??    I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWW
i drink your milkshake

lostpilot

no, not really. we'll just have to wait :)

devlin

i am really excited for this new album. i think Brother.Sister is by far their best album. i may be biased to it, that being the album i discovered guys with. but i'm looking forward to hearing where they take their sound.

defskull

No I don't think that's the case.  Catch For Us The Foxes is the album where I discovered them, and Brother Sister is better.

wither-I

Quote from: nonesuch on Mar 27, 2009, 05:23 AM
any updates on this??    I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWWWW
YAY! JOSEPHINE IS BACK ON THE BOARD!

btw i think this wil be the greatest thing that has EVER occured in the history of the U

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: defskull on Mar 27, 2009, 05:57 PM
No I don't think that's the case.  Catch For Us The Foxes is the album where I discovered them, and Brother Sister is better.
I found them after the release of (a) to (b) life. And I still enjoy that the most. It sucks they aren't willing play many of the songs off that anymore !

Zevaka

they will quietly release great album rather than talking about it everywhere and giving us crap

lostpilot

I just cannot compare Catch for Us the Foxes, [A --> B] Life and Brother, Sister. They're just totally different, of totally different but same good quality. I really love how the band evolves, and this album could be just a random album of christian folk (which would not be too unexpected), I'll love it nonetheless. Cause it's f-king mewithoutYou, the best band in the world.